TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Great interview Robb. I can't wait for Iron Gwazi. I got a Sea World membership this year, so I'm good to go... I used to have a Busch Tampa Season pass, but now I can get admissions to all Sea World and most importantly both Busch parks. I really enjoy Tampa.

• 2 weeks later...

If they finish the track in the next week or two, it's possible. They are already doing block testing, moving trains, etc. Need about 3 weeks of testing and it's good. Not saying it's going to happen, but I don't think it's a crazy idea, either.

I've heard the March 14th rumor as well, by more than one source. It would be great for FL Spring Break crowds, since that's when some of our schools start. I don't see it either that early, but miracles happen. The first weekend of April seems more realistic, if not the the following couple of weekends. Tigris opened April 19th last year, and they seem to be wanting to open ASAP to bring in the rush before summer hits, which worked with Tigris during the normally slow weekdays of (late) April and May.

Even with the rumored Screamin' Swing for 2021, they are quite well on their way with that construction as well for a flat ride that shouldn't take long to get open. I see opening it much earlier than normal for attractions at the park, definitely before Spring Break 2021.

No way this thing is opening 3/14. The track is at least a week or two away from being completed minimum. I just watched a new update video yesterday and there is still quite a bit left to do from the stall to the end and I don't think they've connected the drop to the first hill / outerbank turn yet. The testing will take 3 weeks minimum. The end of March is possible but that's only if everything goes right from now until then. It seems much more likely they would be targeting mid to end April.

I think Screamscape has gone insane lately so I don't put much stock into anything they say, but even if it is true it sounds like they're just getting rid of loose article bins, not adding metal detectors so I pretty much don't care if the system is the same as (for example) something like Millennium Force where you can't have a bag but you can ride with things in your pockets.

It would be a money-grab but also a totally avoidable money-grab.

Edited by coasterbill