TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

Why do I feel like this is going to be like the Behemoth-Leviathan and Intimidator-Fury. Enthusiasts will complain the rides for being too similar while they're under construction, but they will wholeheartedly praise the new ride once it actually opens.

If rumours are true, next year's project is another Intamin, this time a giga shuttle. I don't wanna post any links as I think it isn't allowed, but it looks like a crowd pleaser. Enthusiasts will almost certainly prefer Pantheon.

Theres a link sanitized article detailing it a few pages back

If what's leaking about the 2021 ride turns out to be true (and given the source it probably is) I just can't even believe it. It sounds kinda short and weird but given its another Intamin its going to probably be amazing.

My favorite park is getting two insane looking Intamins back to back what in the f*ck is actually happening???

Well I did see a video about this new project (and thus far they've been darn near spot on) and well....that is something.

I love a unique coaster, and it looks pretty dope, but...what?

It seems like it should've been part of Pantheon which, according to the internets, it was supposed to be? Shame that would've been nuts.

And yes, with RMC (rightfully) dominating the 2010s glad Intamin is showing they're still in the game

The spike will start in a valley and extend to the full 355 height clearance. So the spike will be around 375-395 feet tall meaning the top speed will be over 100mph.

If it doesn’t meet that speed then why even install this. I also wish it was a full circuit and it featured a non inverting loop. Or pantheon had the non inverting loop and this had a top hat. Either way.

I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I would bet heavily that the 2021 coaster is going to have "Drachen" somewhere in the name!

Also, regardless of how "needed" this new coaster is, or whether it's what everybody wanted, it looks wild, fun, and at a park that's already as amazing as BGW is (and is about to become even more so), it's just a stunning addition, and absolutely cements this as a top tier park in the entire country, and world!

I was thinking that after the spike if there was another switch track. While traveling between the first and second launches. That sent you to the brakes (and a full circuit) - it would be crazy. So many direction changes.

The train should have the seats in split directions. 3 cars forward 3 backward

As is though - if it’s right - keeps BGW as a top worldwide park

I'm gonna laugh if this turns out to be nothing more than some alternate plans of Pantheon with an incorrect date on them.

My thoughts exactly. They're too similar.

Remember when this same source leaked the original Pantheon specs and everyone on here said it was bullsh*t and then it turned out it was 100% on the money? Good times.

Hey, all I said was that I'd laugh if that were the case, not discounting it all together.

After reading through the headache-inducing write ups on that other site, yeah I believe it's coming too. I'd still be extremely surprised if it was the 2021 attraction...just doesn't make sense to me to open major coasters in back to back years, but what do I know?

I'd still be extremely surprised if it was the 2021 attraction...just doesn't make sense to me to open major coasters in back to back years, but what do I know?

It would be weird for any chain but Seaworld San Diego has opened 3 coasters in 3 years (with a 4th seemingly on the way near Wild Arctic next year), Busch Tampa has opened Tigris and Iron Gwazi in back-to-back years, SeaWorld San Antonio has opened 2 coasters in 3 years and in the "off" year they added 2 rides and a new animal exhibit and SeaWorld Orlando has filed permits for what seems to be another major coaster the year after they open Ice Breaker (and a year after adding a multi-million dollar record breaking rapids ride).

This is just what SEAS is doing now. I don't get it either but I'm not complaining.

Edited by coasterbill