TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2019 TPR Coaster Poll!

I'm not sure if this is a bug, so I wanted to check. I'm running into an issue when my ballot contains 506 or more coasters.

If I have 505 coasters in my ballot, my rankings are stable. I can rearrange the coasters already in my ballot and it saves.

505.thumb.PNG.15ebf72e24f35a6b547c75390e25dace.PNG

Once my ballot contains 506 or more coasters, I have a few different issues.

I can add coasters to my ballot and the site says the rankings save. However, when I refresh the page, the newly added coasters are mixed among my pre-existing coasters.

1966528117_506.thumb.PNG.20a7d1b1ccf682624502cdac660819a7.PNG

1285246864_AfterRefresh.thumb.PNG.ff406d88d4e6b5a4ab3792b5ad98340a.PNG

If I try to rearrange these new coasters, I get a Server Error. If I try to rearrange the older coasters that were already in the list, I get a Server Error.

1272128843_ServerError.PNG.2329315d12ee3419429dc191bbb90bc5.PNG

If I shrink my ballot back down to 505 coasters, I can edit my coasters without any errors.

I've tried Chrome (desktop and mobile) and Edge. The issue didn't seem to be browser specific.

Thanks again for all your work to set up this poll! I can cut back on the number of coasters in my ballot if need be, but I wanted to check. The important thing to me is that I can bury Coaster Express at the bottom of the list once I add it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of quick notes for the coaster list.

1. Corkscrew at Playland (at the PNE) did not operate this year.

2. Phoenix at Adventureland Iowa is missing.

Other than those, the list looks great! I had no trouble updating my ballot. Thanks again for all the hard work poured into this poll!

I am have problems with the coaster poll. I can check off the coasters I have ridden, but can not rank or drag and drop my coasters. I am using an IPad, does that make a difference?

Check at the very bottom of your list. There's a button there that should say "not done yet", tap or click it and you should then be able to rank your coasters, and the button will then turn green and say "done ranking". Basically, that button at the bottom is your lock-in button, it's how your vote is counted. Let us know what happens.

1. Corkscrew at Playland (at the PNE) did not operate this year.

2. Phoenix at Adventureland Iowa is missing.

These have been fixed, thanks for letting us know!

Check at the very bottom of your list. There's a button there that should say "not done yet", tap or click it and you should then be able to rank your coasters, and the button will then turn green and say "done ranking". Basically, that button at the bottom is your lock-in button, it's how your vote is counted. Let us know what happens

Thanks, I can now drag and update.

Thank you! I appreciate all the work on this poll.

I haven't been able to find any particular reason for your issue. Can you try using the spreadsheet view to make the last few changes to your ranking when you have 506+ coasters in your list?

Finished my rankings. I stopped at 200, because nothing below that matters.

I'll give my top 30 in case anyone's interested:

1. Steel Vengeance

2. Lightning Rod

3. T Express

4. Intimidator 305

5. Maverick

6. Hakugei

7. Outlaw Run

8. Skyrush

9. Twisted Timbers

10. El Toro

11. Expedition GeForce

12. Phoenix

13. Coaster (Playland)

14. Wildfire

15. Medusa Steel Coaster

16. Fury 325

17. Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster

18. RailBlazer

19. Iron Rattler

20. Helix

21. Twisted Colossus

22. Mega-Lite (Happy Valley Shanghai)

23. Kawasemi

24. Prowler

25. Superman the Ride

26. Behemoth

27. New Texas Giant

28. Mystic Timbers

29. Silver Star

30. Taron

Thank you! I appreciate all the work on this poll.

I haven't been able to find any particular reason for your issue. Can you try using the spreadsheet view to make the last few changes to your ranking when you have 506+ coasters in your list?

Spreadsheet view seems to be working for me. Thank you!

Is it too late to add West Coast Racers into the poll this year?

Yes, especially considering that it doesn't open to the general public until 2020.

I hadn't checked my listings because I didn't get to ride anything new but looking at the rides noticed some missing. Probably too late for any Korean voters (I haven't ridden them yet) but worth a mention for next year, the Zamperla Thunderbolt from Robot Land and the Mack spinner from Shinhwa World are both missing from the poll.

It's the last chance to vote!

coasterpoll.com

Voting for the 2019 TPR Coaster Poll closes January 15th at 11:59 PM Eastern time! If you have finished arranging your coasters, remember to click the green "Done Ranking" button to lock in your vote!

Probably too late for any Korean voters (I haven't ridden them yet) but worth a mention for next year, the Zamperla Thunderbolt from Robot Land and the Mack spinner from Shinhwa World are both missing from the poll.

Thanks for that Garet, it was an oversight not to include them. They'll be on next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Any change you can make the "Finished ranking" button save your work before submitting the ranking? I put in quite a bit of rearranging to my list, pressed finished ranking, and none of the changes were saved because I didn't realize I'd need to press the save button

That may be a bug... Your rankings and your list should always save automatically a few seconds after you change something. There should be a little green popup (with text we need to change) on the top right of the window when your changes save. The "Done Ranking" button merely locks your rankings in for the poll calculation.