Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:10 pm

My money is on scheduled ride closures in May, June, September, October! ;) :lmao:

No clue what they're up to!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:25 am

operative_me wrote:Cedar Point will be making a "big" announcement tomorrow at 11am. You'll be able to watch it here:
WKYC.com Cedar Point Announcement

So expect tomorrow to be another great day of idiots with crazy unreasonable expectations to melt down on social media.

It'll be a few more events, actual details on the boat ride they had just greenlighted (which apparently has next to no budget) and Forbidden Frontier Adventurewhatever being relegated to a tombstone for Halloweekends.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:21 am

coasterbill wrote:If it’s not singing mushrooms this time I’ll be pretty disappointed.

it just might be.

Tony on Twitter hashtagged his post about the announcement with:

#notpolerhypergigaaquahyperetc

bwaaaa-haaaaa-haaaaa

here's the full post from last night:

Tony Clark
It’s not a coaster. It’s a collection of things. A party. Fun for all ages. A celebration of our past and a look to the future. Sleep well. See you at 11 am.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:41 am

My bet would be about the food/and drinks that they will be bringing back that have long since gone. what the plan is for the resort that they bought, and other little shows and touches that will be going on this year. Maybe he will talk about the pass perks.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby operative_me » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:20 am

Good news for Coasterbill, they will have a vintage Sky Ride T-shirt this year.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:48 am

If I worked at Cedar Point, reading the awful, entitled, whiny comments on this Youtube Livestream would make me want to close the park forever and move to the moon.
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:50 am.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:06 am

coasterbill wrote:If I worked at Cedar Point, reading the awful, entitled, whiny comments on this Youtube Livestream would make me want to close the park forever and move to the moon.

^I'm right there with you. I'm really impressed at the scope of this year's investments— so many areas of the park are getting improvements and nice little touches.

Am I about to drop a $100 on a Legacy Walk Brick, (read in a Minnasotian accent) you bet ya!

Postby coasterbill » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:19 am

Cedar Point's 150th Anniversary

Cedar Point has announced a ton of new offerings and upgrades for their 150th anniversary!

385dadc1-d7ec-492e-8ac4-de6e30fc81f5_750x422.jpg

Snake River Expedition

Trapper Dan needs your help! Embark on one of his riverboats and be a part of the adventure. Help the crew complete a secret mission, smuggling valuable bounty to safer waters. What is it? We don’t know – and it’s best you don’t ask! Beware of a few surprises, twists and turns around every bend – it’s not always smooth sailing. Snake River Expedition is scheduled to open May 9.

97c71e51-46fb-45a4-b863-4b4f8ad63add_750x422.jpg

182b1db2-6411-4276-a4a5-e9c78cb69fa2_750x422.jpg

Food & Beverage

A heaping cup of new and a dash of nostalgia combine for the perfect food & beverage recipe! We’re rolling out the new French Quarter Confections, The Mac Shack mac & cheese bar, an all-new Corral and The C.P. Juice Co., featuring the park’s well-known fruit juice bottles of orange, grape, lemon and apple. But there’s so much more we’re serving, so get your napkins ready – it’s time to dine!

1afdc026-35be-4dca-b626-73b26200186d_750x422.jpg

Town Hall

Learn more about Cedar Point’s unbelievable history and see how the park transformed from simple bathing beach to massive multi-day resort destination inside the reimagined Town Hall. You’ll also get a glimpse of previously unseen artifacts that include ride blueprints, logo development sketches, concept renderings, scale models, recreated displays of icons like Jungle Larry’s African Safari, Fascination, breathtaking photography and more.

dd705306-d5c1-44c9-aa36-f8e1dbf5253c_750x422.jpg

Celebrate 150 Spectacular

It’s a party fit for a sesquicentennial! See the park’s iconic turning points, innovations and moments in this new multi-sensory nighttime parade with over 100 performers and illuminated floats moving to an original score along the Main Midway each night. The Celebrate 150 Spectacular culminates with an epic street party in Celebration Plaza with performances, dancing, pyrotechnics and music throughout the night! The Celebrate 150 Spectacular runs June 12 – August 16.

Untitled.jpg

Ticket of a Lifetime

An exclusive ticket that can't be found anywhere on Earth! Beginning in February, guests can enter for a chance to win a Ticket of a Lifetime - a ticket that affords them free admission to Cedar Point for the rest of their lives! 150 winners will be chosen throughout 2020 and each winner can enjoy the ride with three select family or friends for a total of four Tickets of a Lifetime per winner. Guests will have the chance to win both online, outside the park and at Cedar Point. Complete details coming soon. Ticket of a Lifetime promotion not open to residents of NY and FL.

They've also announced new merchandise, anniversary guest experiences, bands in residence and more!

Cedar Point
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:21 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:23 am

While none of these things alone would get me to return to the park, this would be something I'd love if I were a local and grew up with the park.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Halloween Horror Nights & Universal Studios Florida

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby operative_me » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:29 am

I am happy to see Snake River Expedition. Western Cruise/Paddle Wheel Excursions was a nice memory from my childhood, I'm glad to see it returning in some form.

I don't know why so many people were expecting a Winterfest announcement. I like how when asked, Jason McClure basically laughed it off and said go to Kings Island.

It is a balmy 27 degrees here in Northern Ohio, with winds blowing about 25 mph, making the windchill about 6 degrees. I could go on why I think Winterfest would be a tough go at CP, but you all already know.

Now excuse me I'm going to go drop $100 on a brick.

PreviousNext