Photo TR: Adam's Return to Japan & 1st visit to Hong Kong

P. 3: Osaka Aquarium, Osaka Castle, Dotonbori & more!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Photo TR: Adam's Return to Japan & 1st visit to Hong Kon

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:41 pm

Oh Adam, you make it so difficult for me. We aren't planning to visit TDS and TDL until....2025. <sniff>
Reading through your trip there (and Bert's recent one too, I will admit) just makes it all the more
a - go - nizing a wait, until then. <sighs>

Still, it's very nice to see what's new (or in the process of, like Soaring was, for you) at both parks.

And the food - mmmmmm. All food in Japan is pretty special to us. And your photos/captions easily proved that.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:57 pm

Great report! It's clear Japan takes Easter very seriously with all that theming.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Efteling & Parque de Atracciones Madrid

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:15 am

Adam, great photos and description of that makes TDS so special. It really is a park that surprises and delights from the moment you enter. It's so cool to read reviews from people who have gotten to visit more than a couple times and hear that the experience never wavers.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:30 pm

I don't think there's any such thing as a bad view at Tokyo DisneySea--such a beautiful, photogenic park.

Dang--now I have to go back and try one of those pork rolls. ;)

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Always nice to see some DisneySea. It's always nice to see anything out of Japan period, but Tokyo Disney especially.

Since you mentioned the old school Fastpass system, you saw the very last of it since Soaring's opening was also when the resort introduced its new Fastpass system. It's like California's system (where you can either use your phone to grab a time slot, or grab a reminder slip the old school way), but without the upcharge to use the mobile app. Unfortunately, the Tokyo Disney app is currently only available on Japanese app stores with no international releases. I'm hoping a version for international visitors makes its way to other app stores in the not too distant future, but for now, you have to have a Japanese account to use the app.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Photo TR: Adam's Return to Japan & 1st visit to Hong L1

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:17 pm

After our amazing day at Tokyo DisneySea, I was thrilled to be heading back to Tokyo Disneyland. While DisneySea is obviously the main draw for me to the Tokyo Disney Resort due to its totally unique experience, Tokyo Disneyland is without a doubt the best castle park (overall) I've been to... It manages to combine many of things I love about Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom, while featuring some unique experiences (like Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Monsters Inc.), all presented with the warmth and care of the Tokyo Disney Cast Members. Just an amazing experience in every way.

As I mentioned in the last update, we were here just days before the start of Easter 2019 at the parks, so while park decor, food and merchandise was already set up for the season, the park's offerings were the regular experiences found when the park isn't celebrating a special event. This was a plus for us because we really wanted to see the park's new daytime parade Dreaming Up which wouldn't be running during the Easter celebration.
1.JPG
I think Tokyo Disneyland's entrance experience is the strongest of any castle park around the world. You enter the World Bazaar through this structure and world outside the berm is behind you.
2.JPG
I've spent hours roaming World Bazaar and there's so much to love.
3.JPG
Obviously this was going to be our first stop...
4.JPG
Pooh's Hunny Hunt stands as one of the greatest Disney attractions ever, even after its innovative ride system has been used and updated for attractions around the world.
5.JPG
There is just much taking place in each room of the attraction...
6.JPG
The detail is overwhelming.
7.JPG
Just incredible.
8.JPG
The Heffalumps and Woozles scene is absolute perfection.
9.JPG
So much to take in!
10.JPG
A sweet ending...
11.JPG
Cute!
12.JPG
So much cute Pooh merch!
13.JPG
Where do you go after experiencing one of the best attractions on the planet? Great American Waffle Company, of course!
14.JPG
I didn't get to experience this bliss during my first visit to Tokyo Disneyland (I honestly don't know how I missed it considering how much food I tried last time around), but I wasn't going to miss it this time. And the wait (approximately two years and 45 minutes) was well worth it!
15.JPG
I love Tokyo's commitment to spontaneous entertainment throughout their parks. It adds energy to the quietest of corners throughout the lands.
16.JPG
Space Mountain wasn't open during our last visit, so I wasn't going to miss a chance to experience it this time around.
17.JPG
It took every ounce of me not to bring this giant Baymax plush back to Florida.
18.JPG
Baymax Easter Egg found.
19.JPG
While Star Tours itself is the same as its stateside counterparts, the show building and its extended queue are unique and gorgeous.
20.JPG
I am enamored by this building.
21.JPG
More random entertainment!
22.JPG
Of course our first Fastpasses for the day brought us back here.
23.JPG
it's a small world was also closed for refurbishment during our last visit. I was genuinely excited to experience this one during this trip.
24.JPG
In case Larry needed this...
25.JPG
Or this.
26.JPG
We had just seen Book of Mormon earlier this year so...
27.JPG
Attraction poster...
28.JPG
WHAT A GORGEOUS LOAD STATION!!!
29.JPG
I'm in love.
30.JPG
During its refurbishment, it's a small world received the character overlay that has come to most of these attractions (only Magic Kingdom's remains character free at this point). I was surprised to see a character as current as Moana already included.
31.JPG
Cinderella and Prince Charming...
32.JPG
Alice and the White Rabbit.
33.JPG
Merida and the triplets (as bears) from Brave...
34.JPG
Rapunzel from Tangled...
35.JPG
Pinocchio!
36.JPG
It was cute to see Hercules and Pegasus represented in the attraction. You don't find much related to this film in the any of the parks.
37.JPG
Lilo and Stitch...
38.JPG
Time for one of my favorite meals...
39.JPG
Pork Katsu Curry at Hungry Bear Restaurant. Just incredible.
40.JPG
And another favorite of mine...
41.JPG
The Enchanted Tiki Room: Stitch Presents Aloha e Komo Mai! is charming and unique.
42.JPG
To be totally honest, I wouldn't mind this version of the show finding its way to Florida...
43.JPG
Best Jungle Cruise is best.
44.JPG
I love all of the subtle gags in the queue.
45.JPG
Look at this beauty!
46.JPG
Hidden Mickey found!
47.JPG
I love these caution signs at the loading dock.
48.JPG
These need to be on t-shirts.
49.JPG
Ready to take a ride?
50.JPG
Our vessel for this Jungle Cruise...
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Photo TR: Adam's Return to Japan & 1st visit to Hong L2

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:18 pm

(Continued)
51.JPG
There's something that happens in this scene, only in the Tokyo Disneyland version and it is magical. And I won't spoil it.
52.JPG
Still funny, no matter where you are.
53.JPG
I love these added details found throughout the ride.
54.JPG
The fog effect is quite effective.
55.JPG
HIPPO JAWS!!!
56.JPG
Beautiful.
57.JPG
I might own two full sets of these totems now... I might.
58.JPG
Let's Party Gras! is a fun show in Adventureland.
59.JPG
I love how the classic architecture of Tomorrowland is still in place today at Tokyo Disneyland.
60.JPG
Thank you Fastpass!
61.JPG
This will be a delicious and refreshing experience!
62.JPG
The escape pod is actually a chicken exit! Amazing!
63.JPG
Similar yet different.
64.JPG
Esmeralda was roaming Fantasyland during our visit.
65.JPG
I now present to you... The backside... Of... CASTLE!
66.JPG
A look back towards World Bazaar from the Castle Forecourt.
67.JPG
I've always appreciated the darker paint scheme found on the castle brickwork here compared to the one found at the Magic Kingdom.
68.JPG
Beautiful.
69.JPG
Usatama!
70.JPG
Easter desserts with Easter souvenirs!
71.JPG
Delicious and adorable!
72.JPG
What do you do while you're waiting for the parade to come? Bakery picnic!
73.JPG
Dreaming Up replaced Happiness is Here in two ways, in that it actually was the replacement for the former parade, and that it is now my favorite daytime parade I've seen.
74.JPG
Alice in Wonderland is the inspiration for one of the grand floats in the parade.
75.JPG
Pinocchio inspires another...
76.JPG
The princesses get a beautiful float of their own.
77.JPG
Beauty and the Beast is quite fun.
78.JPG
I love how big Winnie the Pooh is in Japan.
79.JPG
Big Hero 6!
80.JPG
Mary Poppins and Peter Pan share a float, and it is one of the best in show.
81.JPG
Westernland is especially gorgeous at this time of day...
82.JPG
Who doesn't love Big Thunder Mountain?
83.JPG
What a view!
84.JPG
Easily the best version of Splash Mountain in existence.
85.JPG
I finally found Tony Solari!
86.JPG
Time for Dream Lights, the best nighttime parade in existence!
87.JPG
It is like the Main Street Electrical Parade but amped up and updated regularly with new floats.
88.JPG
Classic Disney nighttime parade iconography...
89.JPG
One of my favorites!
90.JPG
The Genie is incredible!
91.JPG
The new floats fit perfectly in the show, and keep the parade experience current for newer generations.
92.JPG
The finale of Dream Lights is absolutely breathtaking.
93.JPG
Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland was a special fireworks show honoring the 35th anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland. The Tiki Room segment was my favorite part of the experience.
94.JPG
There was no shortage of fire during the show.
95.JPG
Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek is just plain fun.
96.JPG
And adorable too!
97.JPG
On the way out I spotted something peculiar...
98.JPG
I hadn't seen the entrance to Club 33 in Tokyo Disneyland before this visit.
99.JPG
Stunning.
100.JPG
Sadly it was time to head out...
101.JPG
See ya...
102.JPG
Real soon.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby bert425 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:40 pm

^ I love this update, thanks so much for sharing!

Brings back some incredible memories - in particular of Pooh's Hunny Hunt, and the Mickey Waffle.

we didn't get to see Genie, although caught the parade 3 times - he was broken and being repaired all 3 times I was able to see (just bad timing, unfortunately), but the rest of that parade is stunning!

Even if the "adult Pete" sitting in Elliot's hands is kind of terrifying (I thought every time I saw it). . LOL
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:37 pm

Great report! I really wish Magic Kingdom's it's a small world had the characters integrated into the ride. It'd make me ride it more.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Efteling & Parque de Atracciones Madrid

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Great report of TDL! It's so cool to see how the park looks slightly different throughout the year and the changes that have been made since we were there. A lot of details I missed/didn't notice, too!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!