TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Orion and Candymonium have topped off their lift hills. Pantheon making big progress. Iron Gwazi almost done. Other major 2020 coasters well into vertical construction.

Six Flags: "I think we should start digging now, right?"

You not wrong though.

Kinda. Six Flags typically makes general attempt at opening new rides around memorial day, but regularly takes longer than that date (SFMM is the exception, as their 2020 ride looks to be opening in winter!). If everything goes right, SF sometimes soft opens rides a week or so early for members and pass holders. RMC is generally good at getting things done on time, so I'd say there's about a 60-70% chance it will open in May

Kinda. Six Flags typically makes general attempt at opening new rides around memorial day, but regularly takes longer than that date (SFMM is the exception, as their 2020 ride looks to be opening in winter!). If everything goes right, SF sometimes soft opens rides a week or so early for members and pass holders. RMC is generally good at getting things done on time, so I'd say there's about a 60-70% chance it will open in May

The new ride at MM - West Coast Racers was scheduled for 2019. Not sure if they'll make it.

I have to say its nice that they didn't cut down a f*ckton of trees for this, judging by the recent photos it should be tucked back in its own semi-wooded area like a Jersey Devil themed coaster should be.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, we’re making fun of Winterfest at Carowinds?

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aadab53c15cf49871b47226ba9e09461f4e635a49&rid=giphy.gif

I felt so safe yesterday walking by the palm trees by Intimidator in a T shirt looking at all of the closed rides. Nice to know that I was finally at a park that cares about my safety.

Edited by coasterbill