TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Sounds like a good time! Six Flags for the win, cold temperatures bedamned. Still amazes me that Six Flags continues to give 0 shits about temperatures or manufacturer errr guidelines?

Hoping to get back to HITP since Wonderland's event doesn't look like any fun. I cancelled my membership and it expired Oct 30th, but supposedly I still get 3 months free even though there is literally no mention of this anywhere (I think that's the point lol) so hopefully I can make use of that.

Nice report Bill. I apparently missed you guys by just a day as I was there on Saturday with the family, it was also only our second visit of the season. My daughter hit her 44" height requirement so she's now the newest inductee into the Cult of Skull Mountain.

She's only 4 but she's been hardcore into Halloween and spooky stuff since the end of August, so we promised her one more weekend of "bonus Halloween". We bit the bullet and tried out the mazes. Yeah, they were pretty much uniformly terrible, some more so than others. I think the only one we actually really enjoyed was Reflections of the Dead, but that's mainly because we enjoy the mirror mazes. That being said, this was still only the second worst haunt we did all season. Kudos to Bayville Scream Park in Long Island for being the suckiest of the sucks. Favorites were probably a tie between Dorney and the Elysburg Haunted House out near Knoebels (we didn't end up making it out to Kings Island this year, unfortunately).

Now that that's over and done with... bring on the hot chocolate! Let's get our Holiday in the Park on!

All right, first trip report of cold season. 33 though...wow. 61 here last weekend, we had to break out the light jackets. Good on y'all for not letting the cold faze you.

And you're correct on apple beer. Cider is great. Beer is great. Apple beer is a monstrosity.

Next time I go will be Autism Day 2020. Jersey Devil won't have opened yet, but I'm not planning to go on it because I can't do anything with steep drops (I haven't done Nitro yet even if my friend has went on it.)

RIP my love of Cyborg: Cyber Spin. Killed by freaking hangtime.

Yeah they've really lightened up on their camera policy -- NOT. Yesterday they stopped the lift on Nitro and the whole ride, since they stopped loading as well. I hear "oh no it's broken" and I say loudly "probably someone with their phone out" and look behind me and a woman is holding her phone to her, not even using it at that moment. Maybe if she had immediately put it away they would have just started it back up. Instead, without saying anything over a PA that I could hear, they sent someone up to confiscate it while everyone involved waited.

Really crowded yesterday compared to past years same day deadness. Toro ran, but one train ops.

Yeah they've really lightened up on their camera policy -- NOT. Yesterday they stopped the lift on Nitro and the whole ride, since they stopped loading as well. I hear "oh no it's broken" and I say loudly "probably someone with their phone out" and look behind me and a woman is holding her phone to her, not even using it at that moment. Maybe if she had immediately put it away they would have just started it back up. Instead, without saying anything over a PA that I could hear, they sent someone up to confiscate it while everyone involved waited.

Really crowded yesterday compared to past years same day deadness. Toro ran, but one train ops.

The camera policy to which he was referring was the fact that several years ago, the park was banning people from even bringing in any sort of standalone DSLR camera. And depending upon the day and the security guard, you could get any sort of reasoning for it, such as "no professional photography allowed", to "no interchangeable lenses", to "no lenses longer than three inches". This has no bearing whatsoever on phones with cameras, and of course doesn't change the fact that it's still against park policy to ride with phones out.

Also, even though I've seen those shots posted elsewhere on the net over the past few weeks (they really get spread around on the socials, no?), they are still some breathtaking photos. I still don't understand how those Toro hills lined up that perfectly.

This park has always looked long and hard at my digital camera, but they've always allowed it into the park.

The only issue I've had with photography was being told not to take pictures of a ride under construction by a security guard. I didn't climb a fence or anything. I just took a picture from a midway and was told, "There is a fence there. Can't you see we don't want you taking a photo of that?"

Also, even though I've seen those shots posted elsewhere on the net over the past few weeks (they really get spread around on the socials, no?), they are still some breathtaking photos. I still don't understand how those Toro hills lined up that perfectly.

Yeah. So many people have reposted the Toro hills and Wonder Woman/Batman shots. Some with my permission and I’m sure a ton without. I post them to Reddit, my coaster instagram and here because I genuinely enjoy taking these photos and I like the challenge of getting uncommon or unique angles you don’t see too often.

^ Thank you. I look forward to checking it out on Sunday, it will be the first holiday event I've been to, and my first time at the park. A bit of a bummer that I won't be able to hit Kingda Ka and El Toro, but I'm happy that I'll have the opportunity to make it to the park at all.

I noticed yesterday part of the path where Joy to the World will be was blocked off, It guess they were still setting up that section in it's new location this year.

Yesterday was one of the best visits to the park I have had in over a year. Even with many NJ schools in session I thought with the temperature reaching almost 70 degrees, NYC and Philadelphia school districts closed, bring a friend free and free admission for military there would be some crowds. The only rides that had more than a 5 minute wait were Kingda Ka and The Skyway. It was a lot of fun to just walk around the park knowing you can just walk onto almost any ride and in most cases re-ride as much as you wanted. Almost all food stands were open and it didn't look like any rides were closed except for breakdowns and the rides done for the season like the water rides.