Finally, here is some info on some additions and changes for 2019!Brand-new coasters for 2019
Alien Taxi - Trans Studio Action Zone
Batman The Ride - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Big Top - Oriental Heritage Changsha
Celestial Gauntlet - Oriental Heritage Changsha
Copperhead Strike - Carowinds
Delvin Kileri - Wonderland Eurasia
Dragonflier - Dollywood
Dueling Dragons - Guangzhou Sunac Land (separate entries for red side / green side)
Dynamite - Freizietpark Plohn
Falcon - Wuxi Sunac Land
Flight of the Himalayan Eagle Music Roller Coaster - Happy Valley Beijing
Flying Dragon - Oriental Legend Handan
Fury - Bobbejaanland
Gold Rusher - Tatzmania Löffingen
Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure - Islands of Adventure
Hakugei - Nagashima Spa Land
Kentucky Flyer - Kentucky Kingdom
Lightspeed - Wonderland Eurasia
Maxx Force - Six Flags Great America
Mystic - Walibi Rhône-Alpes
Nid des Marsupilamis - Parc Spirou
Panic Coaster Back!? Daaan!! - Tokyo Dome City
Phoenix - Adventureland (Iowa)
Power Splash - Happy Valley Shenzhen
Steam Racers - Wuxi Sunac Land
Steel Curtain - Kennywood
Stress Express - Silk Road Dreamland Jiayuguan
Taiga - Linnanmäki
Tigris - Busch Gardens Tampa
Untamed - Walibi Holland
Volare Hiz Kizagi - Wonderland Eurasia
Wilkołak - Majaland Kowanty
Yukon Striker - Canada's Wonderland
Zadra - EnergylandiaCoasters that opened too late in 2018 to be ranked on last year's poll
Insomnio - Kataplum
Steel Dolphin - Shanghai Haichang Ocean Park
Torbellino - Parque Diversiones
Wilde Hilde - Schwaben ParkCoasters added to the poll because coasterbill just HAD to have them
Cyclone - Wonderland Amusement Park
Wild Chipmunk - Lakeside Amusement ParkCoasters that have re-opened in the 2019 season after being defunct / SBNO
Colossos Kampf der Giganten - Heide Park
Euro-Star - TravelingCoasters that have been left out of previous polls by mistake
Twisted Typhoon - Wild AdventuresSome notes on this list:
New coaster poll protocol for standing but not operating (SBNO) coasters:
- All parks in the Dalian Wanda family of theme parks have changed ownership, and all of their names have been changed to reflect this. This will not affect the coasters themselves, but keep this in mind if you've been referring to certain parks as "Wanda" parks.
- Colossos at Heide Park is now on the list and can be ranked! It's been given its new name, Kampf der Giganten. Colossos has always been a popular coaster so please, if you've ridden it, rank it! Also, see the note item below regarding SBNO coasters.
- Dueling Dragons at Guangzhou Sunac Land is treated as two separate entries and each side can be ranked individually if you've ridden it. This is not typical of our procedure for racing / dueling coasters on the poll but the two experiences are different enough from each other, much like Battlestar Galactica at Universal Studios Singapore.
- The Vekoma Space Warp coasters are grouped together as a clone even though the "hyper" variant has a lift and extra length. This means that Formula at Energylandia is now considered a clone under the "three installations" rule. If Vekoma ends up building three of each variant (launched / lift), we'll split them off further.
- Euro-Star, the (in)famous traveling inverted coaster, is now on our list and rankable! It's listed under the "Traveling" park like the other major traveling coasters.
- The five coasters inside the newly-opened Nickelodeon Universe in New Jersey have not yet achieved consistent operation, so they will be excluded from the poll entirely.
- West Coast Racers at Six Flags Magic Mountain will also be excluded from the poll, even if it opens in 2019.
- Vortex at Kings Island is still rankable in this poll, as it operated for the entire season.
Announced new-for-2019 coasters that will NOT be included on the poll
- If a roller coaster that was previously listed on the poll goes into a standing but not operating (SBNO) state, and it's assumed that the coaster will operate again eventually, you will still be able to rank it like any other coaster. However, during any season(s) where the coaster is SBNO, it will not be calculated in the final ranking and will not show up on the final results.
- Quimera, the Schwarzkopf Dreier Looping coaster recently involved in an accident, will now be excluded from final results since it has become SBNO. However, you can still rank it if you've ridden it and it won't be removed from your lists.
- Colossos at Heide Park was SBNO before we began the poll for the 2017 season, so it never received a listing. Since that coaster has reopened, it now has a listing, it can be ranked, and it will be included with the results like normal.
- Any coaster that is SBNO as a result of an upcoming conversion, such as with wooden coasters being re-made by Rocky Mountain Construction, will be eliminated from the poll entirely as the "old" coaster is effectively defunct.
Boomerang Hyper Coaster - Trans Studio Action Zone
Canavar Dalga - Wonderland Eurasia
Dragonfire - Adventure Island Qatar
Launch Coaster - Sun Tzu Cultural Park
Mission Ferrari - Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
Nickelodeon Slime Streak - Nickelodeon Universe New Jersey
Relámpago - Mundo Petapa
Sandy's Blasting Bronco - Nickelodeon Universe New Jersey
Shredder - Nickelodeon Universe New Jersey
Timmy's Half Pipe Havoc - Nickelodeon Universe New Jersey
TMNT Shellraiser - Nickelodeon Universe New Jersey
West Coast Racers - Six Flags Magic MountainPlease help us out!
If you see a coaster on the poll that has closed and shouldn't be there, or if you see a roller coaster that was re-named and it's not reflected, please let us know!coasterpoll.com
And, as before, please let us know if you have any questions!