TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

Also, yes, sigh...why do we make it so difficult with loose items here!?!?!

Theme parks here want to make a quick buck because they implement that their fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are the ONLY way to store your loose articles w/o getting ejected from the park.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually from what I understand the revenue from the lockers often goes to the locker company, not the parks. The policies are in place because they don’t want any possible inkling of liability if someone gets hit by a loose article.

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of going to Japan over Christmas time, I have done some googling but haven't found much information on nagashima spa land in winter . Does anyone know if the roller-coasters are open throughout winter? I have been to nagashima before so the main ride that I will want to get on is Hakugei.

• 3 months later...

Hakugei is insane. Like the best elements of all prior RMCs put into one perfect coaster

The outward banked wave turn just after the drop was my favorite element. Followed closely by the stall

And this sucker is GORGEOUS at night. In particular the interior structure

Got 8 rides on it today and could have done a few more

The thing flies once warmed up (and it ran pretty fast in the morning anyways)

If you get a chance to go? Note that it runs in the rain. And was extra special nuts. The ride today with TPR in the pouring rain is top two of the best coaster rides I’ve ever gotten

Highly recommended

The pre-lift section on this coaster is SO good! In the front you get little pops of air and the drop out of the station in the backseat gives airtime, too.

We rode first thing in the morning before park opening and it was already running soooo fast! What I enjoyed the most about this coaster were the inversions. I'm not a fan of slow barrel rolls and the one here is nice and whippy in every seat of the train. The zero g is taken at a perfect speed and really lets you get a nice weightless feeling while still being hugged comfortably in the train throughout. Hakugei serves up a variety of airtime which lets you experience the best of what RMC has to offer:

-A stunning steep first drop

-Double up

-Sideways airtime

-Double down

-Upside down airtime

-Sustained ejector

-Quick hits of ejector

There are even a few moments of laterals. Our ride in the rain had me keeping my eyes shut the whole time and that was certainly an experience. Surprise after surprise of unpredictable airtime, twists, and flips. If you ever get to visit Nagashima Spa land, I hope you get to ride in the rain because it's too much fun!

The B&M trains on Steel Dragon were so nice. I really wish Cedar Point would make this work on Magnum. I know they could come up with a cool design resembling the old trains. Steel Dragon had a great set of airtime on the return trip and the first two hills surprised me with how much they had; even in the front seat. It's the longest coaster in the world and it really feels like it thanks to the unrelenting speed sustained throughout the course.

Arashi was my first S&S free spin and man they really are wild. It was a fun experience but not something I had a desire to do more than once...which is exactly how I thought I'd feel, haha.

FreeFall was supposed to be closed during our visit but opened up. I love those 1st gen Intamin drop rides. There's something uniquely terrifying about the car transferring over to the drop track and having nothing but a steel grate to look down at.

Arcobat was a huge winner in my book and now I need to go ride Manta. Slow barrel rolls on flyers are my least favorite coaster element and I was so happy with the pace the inversions were taken on this ride. There was some airtime, too!

^ Arashi is amazing. On the other hand, it's awesomeness sort of ruins the ones back here that only spin 2-3 times.

I agree that I'd love to see the Steel Dragon trains on Magnum. The world needs more B&M clamshell restraints.

Hakugai sounds incredible.

Hakugai was great, as was Arashi, and loved Freefall.

the new shooting dark ride they got was fantastic too (well worth the 500 yen upcharge). . "Farm De Bang Bang!"

basically Toy Story Mania themed to a barnyard jamboree - the "guns" are giant carrots!

the star of the place is Hakugai tho.. the coaster is stunningly awesome.

(if I had to pick a negative about the coaster line up? Ultra Twister was pretty rough, 1 and done for me, and I used to love that ride at Astroworld).

IMG_1024.thumb.JPG.b535596da1843f6622576e299151f8c5.JPG

IMG_1028.thumb.JPG.00c8be14b80dc0ffb841fefdac50aaf8.JPG

IMG_1030.thumb.JPG.53e7d49d2ba913db3eb7bc1ab9608ccc.JPG

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nagashima has reopened! Yay! This is good news and gives those of us in other countries hope that there is a light at the end of the closure tunnel.

https://www.nagashima-onsen.co.jp/resort/info/2019-ncov.html

40139b5047074e0ca0ff68b563820a73.jpg.37ce8f54393ad109789f479fd20c00fc.jpg

There are of course some special restrictions and procedures in place but it's a step in the right direction.

We will open some outdoor attractions, restaurants and shops

(Please understand and cooperate with temperature measurement at entrance, suspension of indoor attractions, prevention of various infections )

-------------------------------------------------- -----------

* In order to strengthen measures against infectious diseases, we will measure your body temperature (measurement temperature) at the time of entry, and we will refuse entry to those who have a fever of 37.5 degrees or more and those who are not feeling well.

◎ [Cancelled] Spring Break Event 3 / 20-5 / 10 " Body's Mystery Great Adventure " (3/12 added)

> ※ (postponed) The holding time has been changed and it will be held from April 25 to May 10.

◎ 【Cancelled】 Daydream Festival Japan (added)

* For details, please check the official announcement on the organizer's website and other websites . https://daydreamfestival.jp/

-------------------------------------------------- -----------

We will continue the following measures.

◎ Indoor attraction facilities closed

・ Haunted House, Ranch de Bang Bang, Fishing Spirits, etc. Click here for details >>

We apologize to the customers who have been looking forward to it, but we would appreciate your understanding for infectious disease control.

◎ Events canceled ・ Character contact greeting etc.

◎ Awareness-raising activities such as measures against infectious diseases and cough etiquette In order to prevent infectious diseases, each visitor should cooperate thoroughly with hygiene measures such as cough etiquette and hand washing .

◎ Staff's hygiene management, infection prevention measures and health management In addition to daily cleaning for the purpose of hygiene management, staff cleans and disinfects with alcohol and antibacterial detergents in a timely and appropriate manner. We also carry out infection prevention measures and health management. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

* We will continue to review and update the content in light of the situation. Please check the website before visiting. We appreciate your understanding.

Edited by SharkTums

^ So for some Americans, this is going to become another "invasion of privacy" crap, I hope not?

I think it's a fine idea, and have gone through the airport "tube" thing. No big deal. But for others....

I suspect the decision to reopen will be reversed. Lots of pressure not to cancel the Olympics.

Spain kept open lots of big events over the past month and now they are in really bad shape.

S. Korea seems to have handled this better than Japan. They've done as much testing as any country and may have a grip on the grippe.

And of course much of East Asia has had mask wearing in public as part of the culture for along time.

https://japantoday.com/category/national/amusement-parks-to-resume-some-operations-in-virus-hit-japan

https://japantoday.com/category/national/japan-testing-for-coronavirus-at-fraction-of-capacity

"don't test, don't tell"

It's good to see Japanese parks opening again, but I wonder if this does not give a false sense of security. On the one hand Japan and its society have the characteristics to deal with the virus efficiently, but on the other hand, the Japanese government has been accused of barely testing people and in a certain way downplaying the situation around the virus to show that the country is doing fine and that the Olympics do not need to be cancelled. I agree with the user above me, it would not surprise me if the decision will be reversed at some point. I hope that I am wrong though, and that Japan really has the virus under control already.

I mean Korea was at one point the second most infected country after China, and the biggest parks here never closed. And the numbers spiked and went down without the parks ever closing.

I worry we may have a second outbreak since we've been hitting double digits and the curve is down, but that's because people have become too relaxed and have been complacent, crowding the cafes and restaurants, and I see less and less people without masks outside compared to 3 weeks ago. I think the danger here will be that if it outbreaks in the parks, not them being open themselves. Which by the looks of all those rules and restrictions Japan have, unlike Korea they are well aware things are better but not out of the woods.

Our cinemas have just started cutting off every other row, and the numbers entered triple digits again so I'm hoping people will take more precautions again. It will be over-confidence and people being careless that the threat is gone that will cause parks to be closed again.

^ How cool to hear your cinemas doing that, seating wise. Hope it works out. Too bad

main theatre productions (U.S./Canada included) and movie complexes

can't figure out similar configurations, in their respective theatres.

And then there's the sizes of casts, onstage....

But the less sized groups of people, the better for now, I agree.

I suspect the decision to reopen will be reversed. Lots of pressure not to cancel the Olympics.

Spain kept open lots of big events over the past month and now they are in really bad shape.

S. Korea seems to have handled this better than Japan. They've done as much testing as any country and may have a grip on the grippe.

And of course much of East Asia has had mask wearing in public as part of the culture for along time.

https://japantoday.com/category/national/amusement-parks-to-resume-some-operations-in-virus-hit-japan

https://japantoday.com/category/national/japan-testing-for-coronavirus-at-fraction-of-capacity

"don't test, don't tell"

I think they are opening stuff back up in order to prove it’s safe for the olympics to proceed

I thought I read that there was an IOC meeting today to try and figure out what to do about the Olympics. Even if Japan is doing great, I don't see how they could bring in people from countries around the world by July. I feel SOOOO bad for Japan as I know how important this was both financially and spiritually for them.