Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

P. 236: Black Mirror Labyrinth is coming to Thorpe Park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Awesome. Thanks!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:20 am

It has been announced that Black Mirror Labyrinth, a new themed maze experience is coming to Thorpe Park!

ERnP6Y5X0AAT5nl.jpg

https://www.shortlist.com/news/experience-black-mirror-irl-with-thorpe-parks-new-labyrinth-experience-401899

As most Netflix fans will attest, Black Mirror has undoubtedly been one of the stand-out shows of the past decade.

So, when some bright spark over at Thorpe Park decided to combine Charlie Brooker’s warped world with the realities of a theme park, it’s safe to say they had our attention.

Based on, you guessed it, none other than the dark and technologically sinister show, Thorpe Park’s latest attraction is set to swap g-force for digi-force.

Black Mirror Labyrinth is the world’s first live Black Mirror experience and takes visitors on a journey they describe as a ‘a sensory-defying dimension’.

As the name would suggest, the new concept involves a maze combined with ‘cutting-edge visual technology’ that’s set to merge the lines between fiction and reality.

Set to open at Thorpe Park in late March, the new experience asks: “will you keep your grip on reality or will you lose yourself in the digital mainframe?”

In basic terms, it means that this labyrinth is set to be an experience that will hit a little too close to home.

In addition to the Black Mirror Labyrinth, the park has also announced the return of the park’s Fright Nights - set to scare any self-respecting horror fan.

Set to join Derren Brown's Ghost Train and The Walking Dead: The RIde, Black Mirror Labyrinth will join a host of exciting (and goosebump inducing) rides.
black-mirror-live-experience.jpg
theme-park-black-mirror-experience.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:32 pm

I'm curious if this is just a deeply-themed mirror maze or if it will be a larger experience kinda like Ghost Train. I hope it turns out awesome, either way. Black Mirror is great but I'm struggling to see how they can sell their IP as a theme park attraction.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:48 am

^Everything I've seen online indicates that this is replacing the previous The Walking Dead walkthrough experience, so I think it'll be along those same lines.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:56 pm

A man has been seriously injured in a stabbing at Thorpe Park following an altercation between two groups.

The man in his 20s was slashed in his stomach on a footbridge near the exit of the resort in Surrey shortly before 17:00 BST.

The theme park said on-site medical staff were at the scene "within minutes".

Surrey Police said two men in their 20s had been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

Visitors were locked down inside the park while police attended, with pictures on social media showing crowds building up as the bridge was cordoned off.

Police said two groups of people were involved in an altercation on the bridge close to the park's exit.

One man was treated for a slash wound to his stomach and is in hospital in a serious condition, the force added.

'Excellent track record'
Det Insp Andy Greaves appealed for witnesses and said officers were tracing "all those believed to have been involved".

"I'm keen to hear from anyone who saw what happened or who has video footage of this assault," he said.

"The two groups of people were close to the exit inside the park on the bridge when the assault took place."

South East Coast Ambulance Service said it was called to the park at about 16:50 following reports of a person with an abdominal injury.

Paramedics treated one person who was taken to a London hospital.

Thorpe Park said its on-site medical staff provided emergency first aid and said it was helping police with inquiries.

"The health, safety and security of our guests is our primary objective. We have an excellent security track record and have never had any incidents of this kind in over 40 years," a spokesman said.

Thorpe Park reopened on 4 July after being shut due to the coronavirus pandemic.

SOurce

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:42 pm

Morons. Both groups.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:15 am

Scum. What normal person goes to a theme park with a knife? I literally hate the kind of people this park attracts now. The single bridge in/out of the park clearly caused bit of a problem here in that there was a crowd of people who couldn't leave the park, but also maybe meant it was easier to track down the people responsible.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:40 pm

^I actually read on some other news sites that Thorpe went and reopened rides to try and accommodate guests that were not allowed to leave due to the police activity.

And yeah, this is dumb. Although I'm kind of shocked that Thorpe didn't have metal detectors?

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:50 pm

Yeah, although parks here don't generally use metal detectors at the entrance, Thorpe Park has really needed them for a while now. I've not visited for a few years so maybe it's changed, but on my last visit you were just randomly selected to be screened, it was never mandatory to go through them.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!