TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Does the park close lines early, e.g. will they shut down an hour long Cyclone line when the park is open for 30 more minutes?

Their policy is that the line closes at the park closing time. That being said, I’ve seen them close things off early. Usually not more than 15 minutes early and I think that’s just ride ops making their own call against policy.

That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if they closed off an extremely long line early. Also, if a coaster breaks down near or after closing they usually shut down for the night and send everyone home. This has happened to me many times at Goliath. Sometimes it seemed a bit suspicious like the ops just were not in the mood lol.

Fright Fest has returned but the weather still says 'summer!' After a couple visits, here are my thoughts on this year's haunt lineup:

MADELINE MENDOZA'S CASA DE MUERTE: (Fearman's Manor building) Changed up a little but essentially the same 3D type haunt. Decent but not very scary; best for the younger guests

ZX-1: (Axis Arena) Maze layout changed significantly. Good solid haunt, made better thanks to the removal of the Siri-type voice that repeats over and over while in the queue. May be the final year this haunt occupies this building although some of the park employees are uncertain about the fate of the arena and whether it will be removed next year.

ALIEN ABDUCTION: (near Goliath) Same as last year. Very decent. Even the building still smells new.

CAMP SLASHER: (next to Pandemonium) Similar to last year but due to the addition of Pandemonium, this haunt has been relocated to an unused area of the parking lot next to the Go Karts. This is one haunt that is not quite as good as last year IMO due to the new location.

PIGGY'S BLOODSHED (Thunder River) New haunt this year. This one is pretty graphic and probably not recommended for younger guests. Some of the scares are new but it is one of the shorter haunts.

DR. FRIGHT'S DEAD MAN'S PARTY (Crystal Pistol) Same show as before; not much to say other than after 25 years, this show still rocks!

THE UPRISING: NIGHTLY CALL OF THE DEAD and DEMONATRIX UNLEASHED (Dare Devil Stage) Essentially the same shows as 2018

The railroad was operating as normal, not as any type of haunted attraction. The scare zones are decent this year, somewhat different than 2018. Oddly enough, the new ScreamPunk District was still playing the Steam Punk music while the rest of the park was playing the usual Fright Fest soundtrack. The Bad Bob show was back although I did not get a look at it.

Diamond Elite members pick up their free haunt wristbands at the membership lounge, where the skip-the-line passes are also available.

Another observation with the dining passes is the park has gotten very generous and lenient with regards to hours. On the past few visits the cashier scanned my pass and gave me my lunch pass even though it was much later in the day. Today (Friday), there would not have been a lunch but the cashier again allowed me to use it first. It is nice to see the park being accommodating in this regard. The food lines were not bad at all. The park was pretty busy though, due to BAFF.

Forget Pumpkin Spice, with summer hanging on, I could use a pumpkin-collata!

20190927_200613.thumb.jpg.3d71d964beb3987083e48e8c58ff8e9b.jpg

This was really cool! The usual tombstones are replaced with 100's of Jack 'O Lanterns!

20190927_215406.thumb.jpg.bb640c9678818204fe98da871b0939ea.jpg

The one truly new haunt this year: Piggy's Bloodshed...be forewarned...it's graphic!

Had a limited amount of time but got in two rides on Cyclone and one on Justice League (stuff that opened since I was last there of interest to me). Really impressed with Wicked Cyclone. I know, "it's short" - but that layout is really excellent. Nonstop action/good pacing and a lot of good visual elements with the mix of inversions and such.

Really impressed with Wicked Cyclone. I know, "it's short" - but that layout is really excellent. Nonstop action/good pacing and a lot of good visual elements with the mix of inversions and such.

Twisted Cyclone.

Wicked Cyclone is a similar RMC rework in New England. I think TC is a better ride though.

Twisted Cyclone.

Wicked Cyclone is a similar RMC rework in New England. I think TC is a better ride though.

... do you feel better now? Personally I confuse these RMC names constantly. Wicked / Twisted / Cyclone / Colossus... Brit usually calls the thing in New England Wicked Twister. I don't even blame her.

Personally I confuse these RMC names constantly. Wicked / Twisted / Cyclone / Colossus... Brit usually calls the thing in New England Wicked Twister. I don't even blame her.

I do wish they'd be more original with the names.

Looking at the calendar and it shows the park is open on Monday, October 14th. Is there something special going on that day? I was thinking that if it wasn't some sort of bring a friend free nonsense I'd take the day off and go for a few hours. I go every weekend with the little man, but would like to ride some of the headliners a bit this season.

Any thoughts??

David

Edit to add: if the park is indeed open that Monday, if anyone wants to meet up for a while to ride that would be cool!

^Awesome! Thanks. I always forget Columbus Day as I usually have to work. I wonder if it will be super-busy? Either way I think I'll go for a while. It's only about 20 minutes away for me and I have some vacation time to burn

^Awesome! Thanks. I always forget Columbus Day as I usually have to work. I wonder if it will be super-busy? Either way I think I'll go for a while. It's only about 20 minutes away for me and I have some vacation time to burn

The park has typically been open on Columbus Day these past several years as it is a school holiday, although the Fright Fest activities may not be happening. I would not expect a busy park at all, but a good day to catch up on rides.

^ I'm looking forward to going on Monday. Funny - you can't reserve parking for Monday.

I wouldn't trade going to the park with my little guy for anything, but I have to admit, I've ridden the Mine Train, Log Flume, Hanson Cars and Monster Mansion enough this year to last a lifetime . I need some Mindbender, Twisted Cyclone and Goliath in my life right now. I would have added Scream Machine to that list, but my one ride earlier this year was enough to tell me that I'll wait until some of those potholes are addressed before riding again.