Robb & Elissa Go To Japan & Don't Ride Any Roller Coasters!

Part three posted! Click:
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Robb & Elissa Go To Japan & Don't Ride Any Roller Coaste

Postby robbalvey » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:56 pm

I have uploaded a higher quality video of the 35 Happiest Celebration Street Projection Show. This show seriously was FANTASTIC! And they ran different projections in World Bazaar throughout the night. In this video there are three different shows:

1. "Celebration Street" (Brand New Day)

2. "Goodnight"

3. Classic fairytales.

I also included a slightly longer version of Brand New Day at the end because the show and the song is awesome!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:17 pm

Wow. More Wow. Just wonderful, all of it! The tech to show all of this just gets better and better when Disney does it. And I always love when they go into that deep blue on the buildings and all around. And everybody grabbing the mylar tinsel and confetti, LOL! Cheap souvenirs I approve of!

Thanks for getting all of this to show us, Robb!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:06 pm

I am as green with envy as Gelatoni -- for all things Japanese! But perhaps what cracks me up most is its stuffed animal culture!

So here is a REAL serious question:  when choosing your ShellieMays and Duffys et al, do you first examine the expressions on their little faces? How their little mouths turn up?  Droll? Or innocent? Or perhaps all-knowing?  I'd probably be in the shop for ages lining them up for comparisons.

Then again, I AM ALSO partial to Elissa's 'slightly depressed-looking' Shrimp!  That bland little mouth is so dang RIGHT for those certain mornings!  So perfect to wake up to!

Thanks guys for all these awesome photos!  They are truly MUCH APPRECIATED!

Alice =)

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby The Great Zo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:57 pm

robbalvey wrote: I took 2,700 photos on day one!!!

jedimaster1227 wrote:I came back from our last Asia trip with 17,000 photos... So at least 35% of those were trash can photos! ;)

I suddenly feel better about my own photography habits. :lmao:
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:41 pm

ObeyTheShihTzu! wrote:I am as green with envy as Gelatoni -- for all things Japanese! But perhaps what cracks me up most is its stuffed animal culture!

So here is a REAL serious question:  when choosing your ShellieMays and Duffys et al, do you first examine the expressions on their little faces? How their little mouths turn up?  Droll? Or innocent? Or perhaps all-knowing?  I'd probably be in the shop for ages lining them up for comparisons.

Then again, I AM ALSO partial to Elissa's 'slightly depressed-looking' Shrimp!  That bland little mouth is so dang RIGHT for those certain mornings!  So perfect to wake up to!

Thanks guys for all these awesome photos!  They are truly MUCH APPRECIATED!

Alice =)

Great question! Yes, people take their time examining the stuffed animals to find the 'perfect' one.

And also yes, my shrimp is the best!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:28 pm

robbalvey wrote:I have uploaded a higher quality video of the 35 Happiest Celebration Street Projection Show. This show seriously was FANTASTIC! And they ran different projections in World Bazaar throughout the night. In this video there are three different shows:

1. "Celebration Street" (Brand New Day)

2. "Goodnight"

3. Classic fairytales.

I also included a slightly longer version of Brand New Day at the end because the show and the song is awesome!

The quality of the projections/mapping is seriously impressive. Thanks for filming and posting!

I think Gelatoni will be my pick. I hope you like Tower of Terror, Gelatoni.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:40 pm

SharkTums wrote:Let me know when Duffy adds an adorable shrimp tail that is depressed and likes to stay in the corner to his list of friends. Then I will happily carry one around the park.

No wonder Sumikko Shrimp looks depressed.  Duffy & gang get all these cute costumes, and, now, a new Sweet Dreams line, while that cool-looking Shrimp has little to look forward to beyond Nori, sushi rice, wasabi, and a dab of Kikkoman...in a corner of course.... :|

Alice

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:09 pm

REGISTER an account on the TPR forum to post your comments below!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so where did we leave off from the last update?

001.JPG
Ahh, yes. ShellieMay and I were hanging out at Tokyo DisneySEA...

002.JPG
We took many rides on Journey to the Center of the Earth...

003.JPG
and now it's time to head to someplace a little bit different... The Arabian Coast!

004.JPG
Quite possibly my all-time favorite Disney dark ride is Sindbad's Storybook Voyage. I'm going to post a video of it below, but I have to be honest, it's just one of those rides that doesn't seem as "special" watching on video, but it is just amazing when you are there!

005.JPG
Around the corner we find... *gasp* ... A ROLLER COASTER!!!! But this is a report without riding roller coasters, so we will just LOOK at it but not ride it.

006.JPG
LOOK! SEE!!!! Pretty? Yes?

007.JPG
Honestly Raging Spirits is one of those coasters that *LOOKS* amazing... but rides just "okay." It's not rough or anything, it just is sort of "there."

008.JPG
But people are having fun on it and that's all that matters, right?

009.JPG
Oh yeah, it does one of 'dem loop-de-loopy things.

010.jpg
Hello Tokyo Disney popcorn! How I love you so sooooo much!

011.jpg
Can I just point out for a second that not only is a full bottle of Coke at Tokyo Disney only about $2....

012.jpg
...but every bottle you get is wiped off and served to you nice and clean. I mean, why would you want a wet bottle, dripping with ice and whatever else the bottle was in when it is handed to you, right? (US parks... take notes here!)

013.jpg
These Donald feet and Mickey hands headbands were new and all the rage during our visit. They finally did make it out to the US a few months later. They're cute!

014.JPG
As far as merchandise goes, for years they didn't have a shirt that just said "DisneySEA" or "Disneyland" on it, but now they do!

015.JPG
I do love the Tokyo Disney merchandise. It's so loud and obnoxious but I love it!

016.jpg
If you are "Happy as a Rainbow" they've got a shirt for you, too!

017.JPG
I never get tired of just looking at photos of this park. Everywhere you look it's just amazing!

018.JPG
Hello, Aquatopia....

019.JPG
For years I've been calling Aquatopia the "most amazing POINTLESS ride ever made" but that's not true... it DOES have a point...

020.JPG
...and that is to make you HAPPY!

021.JPG
It is IMPOSSIBLE to come off this totally pointless ride smiling and grinning as big as possible. It seriously is one of my favorite rides of the entire resort....and I have no idea why! lol

022.JPG
When the line is 30 minutes for Aquatopia, running both sides, you know it's a busy day at the park!

023.JPG
Hey! Look who we found!!!

024.JPG
We love you ShellieMay!

025.JPG
Let's go play with some toys....

026.JPG
There are some people who find this entrance to Toy Story Mania really creepy...

027.JPG
I think it's awesome. I love the Disney-themed throwback to the classic "Luna Park" style entrances. And this area looking amazing at night!

028.JPG
And yes, that says 150 minutes. Toy Story Mania is still CRAZY popular in Japan! Let's be honest, there is where the likes of Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, and Konami come from.... The Japanese LOVE their video games and this attraction is a perfect example of that!

029.JPG
So when we do a "full day" at one of the Tokyo Disney parks, we normally will escape during the afternoon peak times and head out to one of our favorite local areas because the parks can get VERY busy and you sometimes need a break! I'm kind of intrigued by the "Human-Related Incident" that was causing a train delay today!

030.jpg
About 15 minutes away from Tokyo Disney is a fairly large shopping area called LaLaPort. It's a great area to just chill at and has some of our favorite shops in Japan... such as....

031.jpg
The Disney Store!!! Yes. We left Tokyo Disney to go to The Disney Store. DON'T JUDGE!!!!

032.jpg
They are cactuses. WHY ARE THEY CACTUSES!!! PLEASE! SOMEONE!!! TELL ME WHY THEY ARE CACTUSES!!!!

IMG_1634.JPG
WHY. ARE. THEY. CACTUSES?!?!?!?

033.jpg
They had a special line of Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers stuff and that's amazing!

034.jpg
This now sits in our house.

035.jpg
Gadget is so hot....and she has a roller coaster. So yeah... instant furry girlfriend material right there!

036.jpg
Capsule machines will always be a part of Japanese culture that I love. You can just find the weirdest most amazing stuff in them. For example...

037.jpg
HATS FOR CATS!!!!

038.jpg
Hats for cats has been a "thing" in Japan for a couple of visits now. Do we think the cats like the hats? They never look that pleased to be wearing them in the photos....

039.jpg
Animal Crossing fans... tell us what this is!

040.jpg
We took a quick look into Daiso to get Kristen some clay.... and poop.

041.jpg
We may or may not have visited every single Pokemon Center in the country of Japan.

042.jpg
I mean... gotta catch them all... right?

042a.jpg
"You want to buy a Tower Records, Eduardo?" Yes, they still exist in Japan!

043.JPG
I love all the town mascots in Japan!

044.jpg
I guess this is "Elderly Funassyi???"

045.jpg
Did you ever see Lost In Translations where Bill Murray goes to Japan as a "washed up actor" to do ads for a beverage company?

046.jpg
Well... that really exists! lol And while I know this George Clooney Nespresso ad was more than just in Japan, I don't know why but as soon as I saw it, it just made me think of Lost In Translation! *GREAT* film, BTW. If you haven't seen it, and you're interested in Japan, you NEED to see it!

We'll end this part of the trip report here! Next up we head back to DisneySEA for some night time, volcano exploding fun! Now....

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:21 pm.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:14 pm

And now I need to watch Lost in Translation again!!!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:20 pm

Quite possibly my all-time favorite Disney dark ride is Sindbad's Storybook Voyage. I'm going to post a video of it below, but I have to be honest, it's just one of those rides that doesn't seem as "special" watching on video, but it is just amazing when you are there!

Yep... Infectious song, an incredible number of animatronics, Chandu... There are few Disney attractions I would go as far as to call “perfect” but this is among them.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!