TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

^ I agree. Even though I rarely ride Blizzard River, it's extremely popular.

This park has gotten some great additions as of late. I still think they need to put something in the water park first before they get another coaster. I think it has been 7-8 years at this point since Hurricane Harbor got anything.

I would love to see Blizzard River getting replaced with a Max Force type ride. Although it's probably not going to happen anytime soon. As for Goliath, I'm sorry but that ride NEED TO GO! It's been going to shit ever since they got the new trains.

Or they could do a massive refurbishment like Wildwood did with the Nor Easter

I would love to see Blizzard River getting replaced with a Max Force type ride. Although it's probably not going to happen anytime soon. As for Goliath, I'm sorry but that ride NEED TO GO! It's been going to shit ever since they got the new trains.

Or they could do a massive refurbishment like Wildwood did with the Nor Easter

Hey now...they already somehow magically cured Mind Eraser of all its ills, lets not get too carried away. It would take some kind of act of God to get goliath running smoothly again.

Hey check out the Banana Splits at SFNE. I never knew about this; it's from years ago as the Cyclone is still the Cyclone (I loved that ride, btw!) This popped up on my youtube probably after looking at Banana Splits videos after the movie came out (liked it) and the news of Coney Island in Cincinnati. Those 2 searches spit this out! The Banana Splits original intro was shot at Coney Island, as well as SFOTexas... With one episode shot at Kings Island years later. Getting off topic... but that's what youtube does!

(Off topic) I had no idea what the Banana Splits were, but upon some research this movie thing sounds awesome:

The plot follows a family attending a taping of The Banana Splits television series, but trying to survive when Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky become murderous upon learning of the cancellation of their show, starting a killing spree around the studio.

^Good deal. Just a note: this is a direct-to-video low budget/goofy movie. Right up my alley - but not for everyone. I'd suggest watching some old Banana Splits episodes to get to know them; this movie is probably biggest with people close to my age. When I was little, the Brady Bunch was always on; as old as it already was, it was great. The Banana Splits were even older than the Brady Bunch! Seriously dated, but great stuff.

A new topic might be in order

Minutes from the Agawam Town Board confirm a ride will be removed for Supergirl. It doesn't say Kryptonite Kollider, but it makes too much sense.

Meeting Minutes

Maybe they'll remove Goliath and put Kryptonite Kollider in its spot...since it doesnt look way out of place on a much larger pad or anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Was at the park for fright fest on Saturday, lines for food were crazy and lines to get the maze passes were mobbed. We were in the main line when you walk down main street and the guy was directing people to other locations so we went to the location by the midnight mansion haunt. There was only one person handling all the sales so the line didn't move and we ended up moving back to the main street line which moved way faster.

Haunts themselves seemed a little lacking in the scares and I'm normally very easily scared. The props were amazing though and my favorite maze was the tales of terror one since it was all based on stories like 3 little pigs, hansel and gretel. The circus 3D was actually really boring and I hate clowns so I was surprised.

Overall, it was pretty good and I do want to go again and VIP was seriously necessary to hit all 5 mazes.

So the park was mobbed, lines for food were crazy, lines to get maze passes were mobbed, it was chaotic and unorganized, the Haunts were lacking scares and actually really boring.... but overall it was pretty good?

alrighty.gif.96b9c94bf65424082d703ac1dcea5978.gif

So the park was mobbed, lines for food were crazy, lines to get maze passes were mobbed, it was chaotic and unorganized, the Haunts were lacking scares and actually really boring.... but overall it was pretty good?

[attachment=0]alrighty.gif[/attachment]

Lol I know it's dumb but it wasn't terrible. Yes, lines were bad for everything and haunts were boring but I had a good night and that's all that matters. At least I didn't have to pay to get in, then I'd be pissed.

• 2 weeks later...

I like how all the coffin challenges this year have their unique twists. SFNE is taking that literally with the Wheel of Fright.

Per WWLP- Link

What does the 30-hour Coffin Challenge entail exactly?

According to Six Flags spokesperson Jennifer McGrath, the park introduces the “Wheel of Fright”. The six participants will be required to complete a random selection of challenges every two hours starting at noon throughout their 30-hour ordeal.

Some of the new challenges include:

• Being blindfolded
    Riding thrill rides
    Eating insects
    Holding a snake
    Eating baby food and so much more!

The one who survives the challenge will receive a check for $600, a pair of 2020 gold season passes, a pair of 2019 haunted house passes, a pair of ride Exit Passes (premium ride access).

Cyborg Hyper Drive was great! Sadly the ride was too loud so I didn't get to hear anything Grid was saying. I liked the spins at the end the best!

Six Flags is fucking cheap. They're trying to have this goddamn themed ride with a storyline and they do the one thing that you shouldn't do in this situation - not turn up the volume. I am going to boycott the chain until they turn the volume up.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been a big advocate for the front row on Superman, but after my rides tonight I think I may like a back a smidge more. The airtime in the spaghetti bowl portion caught me off guard with its strength.

I also tried SFNE's haunts for the first time. I've never done them since they're an upcharge ($35) and I never hear anything positive. Since my membership got me a free wristband I gave them a whirl.

And wow were they bad. I did Midnight Mansion first and thought that was one of the worst haunts I've ever done. And the sad part was that it was the park's second best haunt. The only one I thought was decent was Aftermath, mostly because the wooded setting really helped the theme of a zombie apocalypse.

Here right now. Very busy as expected. Superman, Riddled, Goliath, and Cyclone all approaching 2 hour lines. Kind of leisurely wandering around hitting small lines like Crime Wave, Kontiki, and Tomahawk. Even Thunderbolts usually trusty 30 minute line is almost an hour.

Edited by Zand

Is Wicked Cyclone still on one train like yesterday?

Yeah...walked up there around 9:30 and the line was almost full. Wouldve been a long wait with one train. It was nice that they put a sign out front explaining that this was occurring.

Did get a Superman ride later on tonight. Line died down to the final set of switchback, although had a very quick breakdown and then had to deal with exit passes almost every train. It was hauling tonight for sure.

Rode some of the older flats for the first time in years. Got a nice long cycle on Crime Wave. Rode Kontiki for the first time in many years, was very surprised at how smooth it is tracking. Glad theyre taking care of it considering 98% of the park patrons have no idea its even there.

Also first time on Tomahawk in many years. Its almost laughable how low to the ground it stays now, but at least they run it at max spin for a good while.

Last time I rode it, it spun moderately and then spun fast the other way for about 5 or 6 swings when it was at max height. Now it spins at that max speed for a good minute but like I said, nowhere close to as high as it used to get. Haven't been on Canobies in a long time either but from what I remember they both spin at about the same speed.

Park is closed today so turns out yesterday was the de facto closing day. Glad I got that last Superman ride in.