Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby The username » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:38 pm

We need a launch coaster.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Lotologist492 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:39 pm

Railroad is operational again! They brought out the Texas locomotive. This is great news with Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park around the corner.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shoesfather » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:56 am

I think a freespin or raptor is likely. Would love to see either a re-tracking or a complete tear down and re-build by maybe Gravity Group of GASM for it's 50th anniversary in 2023. It's basically unrideable right now. Needs some work bad.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:13 am

I could see them (or translated to me wanting) getting a spinning coaster like the mr. six spinning coasters. They really only have 2 family coasters so that would add some variety in their lineup. But chances are their next coaster will be a free spin.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Postby The username » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:06 am

shoesfather wrote:I think a freespin or raptor is likely. Would love to see either a re-tracking or a complete tear down and re-build by maybe Gravity Group of GASM for it's 50th anniversary in 2023. It's basically unrideable right now. Needs some work bad.

I think it was confirmed earlier this year that they were going to do a complete retracking of gasm over a couple years.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kyndmusic » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:32 pm

The username wrote:
shoesfather wrote:I think a freespin or raptor is likely. Would love to see either a re-tracking or a complete tear down and re-build by maybe Gravity Group of GASM for it's 50th anniversary in 2023. It's basically unrideable right now. Needs some work bad.

I think it was confirmed earlier this year that they were going to do a complete retracking of gasm over a couple years.

I was told by Gene in marketing that it's a 5 year re-tracking plan that started this past year. That would make the 5th year 2023 for the 50th anniversary.

Postby chschris1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:55 pm

I think they should tear down Blue Hawk and put in either a launch coaster or a raptor in that spot. It is such a great spot for a good coaster and is totally wasted on that hunk of sh*t.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:02 am

Since I've been going most weekends with a very tall 3 year old, I've only ridden Scream Machine once this year. I grew up on this coaster and really love it, but it was BRUTAL this year. I'm glad to hear that re-tracking is in process as it really is a great classic coaster.

The last 2 Sundays being Bring a Friend Free have been frustrating. I'm hoping they are done with those!! Waiting an hour for Monster Mansion and keeping a three year old entertained is difficult :lmao:

Ass is another word for Donkey!

Postby tndank » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:41 am

GASM breaks my back if I'm in the back half of the train. Last couple times I've done row 3 or 4 and it's been pretty good. No real pain afterwards. Just my experience last few weeks.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:05 pm

chschris1 wrote:What do you guys think this park could feasibly get in the future? I am talking in terms of coasters and not flat rides. I personally would love to see a nice custom coaster maybe from Intamin show up here but it is very unlikely that will happen. Just curious of others opinions.

I agree that is currently unlikely but Six Flags has experienced so much change I wouldn’t rule anything out. 10 years ago the general consensus was no more big coasters. 20 years ago they were plopping down big coasters all over the place. 30 years ago they didn’t even have that many coasters and when they did start adding more, they would move them from park to park.

So who knows, in 5 years we could see anything really.

For the time being I would just anticipate medium sized coasters with short ride times, cloned models, or anything you’d call a big coaster on a budget.

I’d really love to see our park get a launched coaster though! Maxx Force is short but I feel like that’d be a great fit!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!