TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Goliath, Twisted Cyclone, and Superman don't allow loose articles except drink bottles.

Saturday is a members day event as well. If you are a member you can get in at 8:30 to ride Scorcher, Goliath, and DDD until park opens at 10. I would imagine it will be fairly dead. Mornings there are slow. Protip: They rarely ever make you walk around if there are empty seats. You ride Goliath a bunch early in the day without leaving the station a lot of the time.

invest in cargo shorts with zipper pockets.

you'll never need a fluffy bunny. . I rode everything last monday, without ever needing one. Phone/keys in one zipper pocket, wallet in other.

Before I call and ask tomorrow I'd thought I'd ask here first please. Does anyone know if we can activate our 2020 SFOG season passes over at White Water? If so does this count for the upgrade us to gold, benies, etc?

Thanks!

I’m almost positive you can activate at either park and get all your benefits just fine. I think it says that somewhere in the long season pass purchasing page on their site.

Before I call and ask tomorrow I'd thought I'd ask here first please. Does anyone know if we can activate our 2020 SFOG season passes over at White Water? If so does this count for the upgrade us to gold, benies, etc?

Thanks!

I’m almost positive you can activate at either park and get all your benefits just fine. I think it says that somewhere in the long season pass purchasing page on their site.

I'm going with YES since it says you can when buying.

"Pass card must be picked up at Six Flags Over Georgia or Six Flags White Water..."

Thanks. I called just to make usre and they said it was fine to activate at White Water. In the Season Pass printout it says:

Use by 9/29/19 to receive free Gold and parking. Pass card must be picked up at Six Flags Over Georgia or White Water before visiting other parks.

Then directly below it says:

Gold upgrade will expire if your pass card is not picked up at Six Flags Over Georgia by 9/29/19. No mention of White Water.

I don't know what the deal was but when I went to the park on Sunday (9/8) it was PACKED. Twisted Cyclone was closed all day (or atleast from noon when I arrived till about 4pm when I left). Acrophobia went down as I was in line and it also stayed closed for the rest of the day. As I was leaving, I saw maintenance riding the catch-car up to the top. Considering how hot it was, I believe something up there may have overheated.

The SFRR was still closed as well. Spinsanity was closed with a sign mentioning the two attractions coming to Gotham City next year. The seats were also removed. This confused me since I thought the rides were going in the Axis Arena's area.

We only rode Batman and Goliath before the heat became too much to handle.

There also was alot of confusion when trying to get food. If anyone plans on upgrading or adding perks onto their passes or memberships, make sure you go to the gate afterwards to have your pass scanned before attempting to use any of the add-ons. Especially the dining plans. There were guests constantly holding up the lines because their dining plans weren't activated. If a pass is not scanned at the gate, you can't use the pass in the park. And arguing with the cashier isn't going to make the pass work. I'm surprised that they weren't told to have the pass scanned at the gate while they were getting it processed. When I upgraded my membership, that was one of the first things I was told.

I didn't make it to the back of the park but I'm sure it was crowded back there as well. I knew it was going to be an upsetting day when I saw the queue house for Monster Mansion almost completely full.

I don't know what the deal was but when I went to the park on Sunday (9/8) it was PACKED. Twisted Cyclone was closed all day (or atleast from noon when I arrived till about 4pm when I left). Acrophobia went down as I was in line and it also stayed closed for the rest of the day. As I was leaving, I saw maintenance riding the catch-car up to the top. Considering how hot it was, I believe something up there may have overheated.

The SFRR was still closed as well. Spinsanity was closed with a sign mentioning the two attractions coming to Gotham City next year. The seats were also removed. This confused me since I thought the rides were going in the Axis Arena's area.

We only rode Batman and Goliath before the heat became too much to handle.

There also was alot of confusion when trying to get food. If anyone plans on upgrading or adding perks onto their passes or memberships, make sure you go to the gate afterwards to have your pass scanned before attempting to use any of the add-ons. Especially the dining plans. There were guests constantly holding up the lines because their dining plans weren't activated. If a pass is not scanned at the gate, you can't use the pass in the park. And arguing with the cashier isn't going to make the pass work. I'm surprised that they weren't told to have the pass scanned at the gate while they were getting it processed. When I upgraded my membership, that was one of the first things I was told.

I didn't make it to the back of the park but I'm sure it was crowded back there as well. I knew it was going to be an upsetting day when I saw the queue house for Monster Mansion almost completely full.

Sunday 9/8 (as well as 9/15) is a bring a friend for free day which is why it was packed.

I agree about maintenance lacking this year. I'm still 0-2 for Spinsanity both times while in line. One was for biological and the other was mechanical. I was at White Water last Sunday and it was pretty quite until the church goers started to arrive around 12:30. White Water had a bunch of rides closed until 12:30 which is crap.

One thing I have to give SFOG credit for this year is how much easier it is to get a refill.

Spinsanity was closed with a sign mentioning the two attractions coming to Gotham City next year. The seats were also removed. This confused me since I thought the rides were going in the Axis Arena's area.

they are going there.

the sign notes that the two new rides will be joining the Gotham line up along with the "rebuilt" Spinsanity.

if I had to guess? they are going with the next Gen Tilt-A-Whirl, like the one that SFFT has (also called Spinsanity).. thos things spin a TON.

yeah, it's odd seeing the ride with no cars on it tho, and only the "hoods"

these pics are from 9/2

IMG_8911.thumb.JPG.b0b8f9aa1ad89dc9a1a78c6f32c145e0.JPG

IMG_8910.thumb.JPG.f22ff7fed1fcc56b05d6a0ba5a06dbc3.JPG

What do you guys think this park could feasibly get in the future? I am talking in terms of coasters and not flat rides. I personally would love to see a nice custom coaster maybe from Intamin show up here but it is very unlikely that will happen. Just curious of others opinions.

I could see them (or translated to me wanting) getting a spinning coaster like the mr. six spinning coasters. They really only have 2 family coasters so that would add some variety in their lineup. But chances are their next coaster will be a free spin.

I think a freespin or raptor is likely. Would love to see either a re-tracking or a complete tear down and re-build by maybe Gravity Group of GASM for it's 50th anniversary in 2023. It's basically unrideable right now. Needs some work bad.

I think it was confirmed earlier this year that they were going to do a complete retracking of gasm over a couple years.

I think a freespin or raptor is likely. Would love to see either a re-tracking or a complete tear down and re-build by maybe Gravity Group of GASM for it's 50th anniversary in 2023. It's basically unrideable right now. Needs some work bad.

I think it was confirmed earlier this year that they were going to do a complete retracking of gasm over a couple years.

I was told by Gene in marketing that it's a 5 year re-tracking plan that started this past year. That would make the 5th year 2023 for the 50th anniversary.

Since I've been going most weekends with a very tall 3 year old, I've only ridden Scream Machine once this year. I grew up on this coaster and really love it, but it was BRUTAL this year. I'm glad to hear that re-tracking is in process as it really is a great classic coaster.

The last 2 Sundays being Bring a Friend Free have been frustrating. I'm hoping they are done with those!! Waiting an hour for Monster Mansion and keeping a three year old entertained is difficult

What do you guys think this park could feasibly get in the future? I am talking in terms of coasters and not flat rides. I personally would love to see a nice custom coaster maybe from Intamin show up here but it is very unlikely that will happen. Just curious of others opinions.

I agree that is currently unlikely but Six Flags has experienced so much change I wouldn’t rule anything out. 10 years ago the general consensus was no more big coasters. 20 years ago they were plopping down big coasters all over the place. 30 years ago they didn’t even have that many coasters and when they did start adding more, they would move them from park to park.

So who knows, in 5 years we could see anything really.

For the time being I would just anticipate medium sized coasters with short ride times, cloned models, or anything you’d call a big coaster on a budget.

I’d really love to see our park get a launched coaster though! Maxx Force is short but I feel like that’d be a great fit!

^^^ A Maxx Force type ride would be so perfect for this park. Same could be said for Carowinds as well. I agree with you though. Anything is possible with Six FLags. I do think they will continue to be the "discount chain" for the foreseeable future though as it seems to be working for them.