Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys My Ass!

Postby Rockman89 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:42 pm

Is it just me, or does that train seem ridiculously long? 32 people in one train with 2 accross seating? Maybe that's normal, but it looks long to me.

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Postby SLUSHIE » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:57 pm

okinawaboy11 wrote:No, your right, it has an extremely long train. 6 cars I belive. The average is 3-4 with a 3-bench.

Everybody likes an S&S!

Postby Thrillrider15 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:50 pm

I just heard about The Wild Thing testing a few hours ago. The sad part is, is that my friends told me about it (and they're not amusement park fans :oops: ), before I heard about it. But I guess the newspaper gives the information first, instead of the internet (so I'm not that frustrated that they found out before me). And also, it would have also helped if I hadn't been outside all of the last couple of days. But oh well.

Anyways, this is good to hear that The Wild Thing is testing again. I'm guessing that it will be operating again when I visit Valleyfair! in eight days. :)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby guitarplayer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:07 pm

Yeh, I got an email from Valleyfair today saying it was supposed to be open today, not sure if it was though. I'll be going to check it out soon after I get out of school, hopefully in a couple weeks.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby the_rock401 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:09 am

Well, it appears that the crash hasn't diminished Wild Thing's popularity any. Line out of the station and filling up over half of the queue maze, as of 11:30 AM today.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:43 pm

^No one was seriously injured or killed and the PR people at VF appeared to have a good "damage-control" in (not) having false rumors about the incident. I think the general public is confident that the problem was resolved and believe the ride is safe.

Everybody likes an S&S!

Possible 2007 Attraction Markings spotted at Valleyfair!

Postby Thrillrider15 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:36 pm

It was released today at www.screamscape.com that there have been spotted by a park guest, some markings in the ground. You can read more about it here (scroll all the way down the page): http://www.screamscape.com/html/valleyfair.htm

Does anybody have any clues on what this could be (If it is an attraction)? :?r
I currently have 16 coaster credits.

My latest video creation
Check out my other video creations

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:11 pm

The markings are quite possibly similar to the BGE 07 project.

Orange markings can indicate either: undergound electrical conduit and/or some sort-of propane lines. The yellow markers may indicate any phone service lines (blue lines are usually water-type piping).

Perhaps the track/supports starting to show up in the B&M (Ohio factory) lot maybe for this ride (or the BGE -ride). A friend told me the track was a "faded" beige-orange color and a couple of supports showed up (painted and unpainted)-some supports showing a grey-silver color (perhaps the primer-base). I stated this on the BAZ site.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:22 pm

^Wasn't the beige-orange colored track rumored to be BGE's coaster?

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TheGreatOne » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:51 pm

It's a Wild Thing ejection simulator...named Thunderhawk.
Career Tic-Tac-Toe Record: 13 wins-3 losses -15 ties

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!