Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

P. 212 - Camp Snoopy Coming in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Postby JasperKirk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:03 pm

I was at the park tonight and spoke with one of the higher-ups. They said that the new coaster is a "conversion" of Big Dipper. I assume this means it will be moved, painted, and possibly get new trains. I'm still glad to see some investment in the park, and I think that Camp Snoopy makes a lot of sense for the type of park it is.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby cparkes92 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:08 pm

As soon as I saw the Be-Bop Blvd. closure announcement, I was thinking new/expanded kiddie area as the existing kiddie rides are in that area of the park already
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:23 am

JasperKirk wrote:I was at the park tonight and spoke with one of the higher-ups. They said that the new coaster is a "conversion" of Big Dipper. I assume this means it will be moved, painted, and possibly get new trains.

I'm sorry, this is just funny. Better luck next time with that new credit, guys. :lol: :lol: :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby MIAfan88 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Cedar fair updated their website and this is their description. What are the shows they mention? Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I can't think of any. It's a nice blurb, that points exactly what it is. Interesting how they used "giant water park".
Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 11.47.02 PM.png

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:25 am

I attended this park on it's final day of the season. Being a pass holder I got to see them rip up be bop real quick over a couple weeks. All the cement, track station and stairs are gone
20190908_152032.jpg
Gonna change the look of area
20190908_152108.jpg
I'm curious if they are going to remove drummer boy or winki the whale since concept art shows it looping to that midway
20190908_152105.jpg
real question is what are they doing with big dippers current spot right at the entrance
20190908_152130.jpg
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!