TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags [FUN] Corporate Discussion Thread

p. 91: Six Flags and Cedar Fair to enter "merger of equals" agreement, company will still be called "Six Flags"

Wow, that intro was cringy. I wonder if Michelin minds being name-dropped like that -- they're usually pretty protective of people claiming they're Michelin starred when they're not.

Jersey Devil Coaster looks exciting, although I'm a bit worried that it may be too low capacity for Great Adventure. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Nothing else really stuck out as being worth traveling for, but they should be nice upgrades for the locals.

None of the moderators posted that White Water Bay Oklahoma City has been Flagged as a Six Flags Park. 2020 it's going to be called Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Oklahoma City.

Ummm....

White Water Bay will become Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Oklahoma City when the park opens next spring for the 2020 season. The Largest Waterpark in Oklahoma is also debuting an exhilarating, new high-speed racing complex—Wahoo Racer—a multi-lane water complex that gives riders two uniquely different experiences. The park will also receive numerous upgrades and bright, tropical theming throughout.

Guys... Let's talk about how there was not ONE freespin OR super loop this year!!!

But for real, this seems like an awesome year for Six Flags! They really stepped out of their "cookie cutter additions" this year to try new things at different parks! Super excited.

The CEO was pretty funny during the video. I liked the campiness of it. Great Adventure is getting a pretty great looking coaster, Great America a really sweet water coaster, Over Texas and the Aquaman coaster looks fun but that was slightly underwhelming overall.

Putting this here since it pertains to all SF parks:

- The chain seems to be discounting the Flash Pass season pass a stupid amount. It's really going to be interesting to see what this does to stand-by lines. You're going to have a huge chunk of people that will have a FP Platinum that didn't before.

I swear, they never fail to make these announcement videos more corny every year. I love it. That ending was out of ****ing nowhere (see what I did there?)

This is definitely all-around one of the best years for the chain. Each park seems to be getting something unique or well deserved (like VIpere for La Ronde ).

Two of my dreams came true too - SFOG's Axis Arena and SFA's Dare Devil Dive are both getting axed. I have long thought that their removal would significantly improve the Gotham sections of each park, and what better fit than a Giant Discovery for the Dare Devil Dive plot? I'll be damned, SFA might be one of the worst parks in the chain, but it's the only one I can think of that doesn't have it's DC-themed rides inappropriately spread out all over the park.

Really, the only bad thing that happened this year is that the awful CraZanity name got another lease on life.

Wow! Totally excited about the Jersey Devil Coaster! Orange with grey supports were my go to color combinations on RCT. 12 rows of cars should add some nice ejector air to the last couple of rows, especially over that first drop!

Wish we had heard the actual height of the ride. Judging by the renderings it’s a good bit shorter than Nitro. Maybe 100-140ft range? Maybe more?

And who isn’t excited about the First American MACK Power Splash, themed to Aquaman! I feel like the video could have touted the half coaster/half water ride aspect better.

Must say there were some spot on predictions, like La Ronde, SFFT and SFOT; while some of the other things like the spinning wild mouse at SFDK and the various “booster” flat ride attractions came out of left field. Which by the way, do we expect those boosters to be an up-charged attraction? And is the new spinning wild mouse a NEW build?

Wish we had heard the actual height of the ride. Judging by the renderings it’s a good bit shorter than Nitro. Maybe 100-140ft range? Maybe more?

?

All of the rides stats are listed when you click on the link to the Great Adventure thread. Its 130 feet tall.

Guys... Let's talk about how there was not ONE freespin OR super loop this year!!!

But for real, this seems like an awesome year for Six Flags! They really stepped out of their "cookie cutter additions" this year to try new things at different parks! Super excited.

Maybe the Larson Loops have all pretty much saturated the chain? (Sorry, haven't paid much attention to which parks have them and don't have them at this point). Regardless, I, too, am glad to see there are no more of them this year! After finally riding Batman at SFDK, I can say I really like the Free-Spins but it's also nice to take a break from them as well.

I know usually the Six Flags additions get overshadowed by the bigger additions in other parks every year, but I'm always astounded about how they are able to give something new to every park, even the water parks. The only obvious outlier here is SFMM, but with WCR not being open yet, I totally understand why they wouldn't want to add yet another thing on their to-do construction list. It's been a few years since I've gone, but both Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park could definitely use some love, so I'm glad to see the park is planning on upping the ante with both of those events!

Some great (Jersey Devil, Power Splash), some good (nearly everything else), and then there's Magic Mountain, who doesn't even get a 2020 announcement, but a Fright Fest and Holiday In The Park press release. Poor baby.

although I'm a bit worried that it may be too low capacity for Great Adventure.

Isn't the S&S Free Spin even lower capacity? And I don't remember hearing anyone say that coaster was an issue.

Yup, of course people complained when Total Mayhem (now The Joker) was announced, You had to make multiple posts similar to this in the SFGAdv thread.

This is a low capacity ride in one of the most visited parks in the chain.

Oh god. Please. Don't. Say. "Low Capacity" again. Otherwise it's going to be another 768 pages of why it isn't a low capacity ride.

I really wish people could hear how incredibly stupid they sound when they keep claiming it's a low capacity ride. Two examples for you: Tempesto and Batman! Seriously, other than peak hours or peak days, I haven't heard about Batman at SFFT getting insanely long lines! Where is this info about it being such a horrible low-capacity ride coming from? I'll tell you - stupid roller coaster enthusiasts, that's where.

Some great (Jersey Devil, Power Splash), some good (nearly everything else), and then there's Magic Mountain, who doesn't even get a 2020 announcement, but a Fright Fest and Holiday In The Park press release. Poor baby.

Honestly, I don't care at all that SFMM isn't getting anything for 2020. WCR looks like it's going to be an awesome addition to the park, and I'd rather get a major coaster every 4-5 years than smaller additions every year. I also really like how SF is getting away from all the coaster clones with WCR/Maxx Force this year and Jersey Devil next year. Hopefully this trend of custom coasters will continue in the future.

Lots of great additions. I usually a big fan of JRA's videos every yeah but this was so weird this year. Loved the end though

I'll be damned, SFA might be one of the worst parks in the chain, but it's the only one I can think of that doesn't have it's DC-themed rides inappropriately spread out all over the park.

SFOG's are spread out, but at least they are all now in their own defined areas. You've got SUF and JL:BFM in Metropolis Park, the DC Superfriends kids area, and all the Batman themed rides in Gotham City.

I personally really wanted SFOG to get a freefly. It’ll be the only one in the southeast that’s for sure. However I’m happy with the much needed flat rides as well. A park can always use flats.

I honestly thought they were a shoe in for one, only big park in the chain to not have one.

• 1 month later...