TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

he told us that Pandemonium is staying. . . "but. . . "

so I'm wondering if maybe a retheme? it's about time, honestly, that skater theme doesn't really "fit" the boardwalk anyways.

Turns out there is a slight chance I could make my first visit to the park the weekend of September 13th. I know that's a fright fest weekend and would expect crowds, but is it possible to do a weekend at the park, hit up everything (minus the houses) without Flash pass? I would likely do Friday night, all Saturday, Sunday morning/early afternoon.

^ that's plenty of time. . especially if you don't do the haunts (as that will be where the lines are).

keep in mind - not everything is going to be open (in particular, White Water Bay area is closed for season already (the prior weekend is the last, tho they are short staffed now anyways so a lot in there isn't running), and at least one coaster (Pandemonium) will shut down WAY early, as they use the queue area for a haunt . . same is true of Roadrunner Express (tho the haunt goes behind the queue area).

but yes, that's more than enough time, even without flash pass.

expect big lines for Iron Rattler (tho will be back to two trains by then), Wonder Woman (capacity), & Joker (new Hotness)

ETA: Texas is really big on "church". . so the best ride time you have will be Sunday Morning.

so if were me? I'd just go all day Sat & then back on Sunday until about 2pm. but if you're there? hit Friday night too, and if the Fright Fest shows are already running (not sure they started yet that early in Sept), make sure to catch a couple, they are good fun - tho they are almost all just "monsters" singing catchy 80's / "spooky" tunes

hmm. . based on latest updates from Mr. Siebert on FaceBook, he really does seem to be implying that at least one of the two big outdoor theaters (which happen to be next to each other) likely will be going.

if that's the case, it really does open up a good chunk of land, and tho everyone (including myself) was thinking coaster of some sort. . . now I'm wondering if we might get a new "area" . . say something Steampunck/Screampunk inspired.

heck, even if just the Sundance Theater that is removed? that's plenty of space for a new area, that could include a few flats.

guess we'll see on Thurs!

^^Sorry I've been so late on thanking you, Bert, but I was hiding my face in embarrassment because I somehow forgot that SeaWorld, which is adding some GCI hotness next year, is ridiculously close to Six Flags. So thank you for the advice, but I've officially postponed my trip to next year and go to SeaWorld, too.

Alright. Every August I throw my predictions for SFFT's new ride. So here goes.

I have been looking at the Six Flags Fiesta Texas map and been speculating on what we could possible be getting for 2020. Unfortunately, Jeffrey has been a little more quiet this year and there is also less prototype coasters in development, which Fiesta Texas seems to get a lot of. So my guesses are pretty vague.

Option 1: Removal of Sundance theater and the addition of a new ride. This goes along with the rumors that the new ride is coming to CrackAxle Canyon. Removing the theater would free up a bit of space, not enough for a big roller coaster or anything, but maybe one or two flats. The likely option.

Option 2: Removal of Boomerang and the theater close to it. A complete overhaul of the surrounding area. Replacing Boomerang would be a roller coaster that travels around the area, moving over the pathways. Don't have an exact idea on what kind of coaster type it would be, but probably something smaller. Something like this would really make a great entrance when guests move to the rest of the park (and yes, I know goliath gets most of the attention already). Unlikely, but I could still see it happening.

Secretly, I'm just hoping for a 199ft psuedo-hyper.

World's Tallest Ride Of Its Kind!

Debuting next summer at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Daredevil Dive Flying Machines, the World’s Tallest Ride of Its Kind. Guests will experience the thrills and sensations of weightlessness through aerial banks, loops and dives, all while seated in a retro four-seater steampunk flying machine. Sharply turning right side up and upside down, riders will break from formation and maneuver into aerobatic dogfights during the barnstorming journey, as they soar nearly five stories above Crackaxle Canyon.

ddd001-2_2.thumb.jpg.7c493ea22518ae0cebd0a1722056698c.jpg

ddd002_2.thumb.jpg.5c4c94ce1844804f5ae0e44564304108.jpg

ddd003_1.thumb.jpg.2274d82da7a6d9319ac1380b8334e046.jpg

ddd004_0.thumb.jpg.418b7505a50127d7efeb30a13d417b59.jpg

I still remember seeing the TPR video about one of these, and I thought it looked really cool then. This one looks even better! Great addition for SFFT, and contrary to what some people are saying at the moment, I think it was an excellent teasing campaign by Jeffrey Seibert, and a great way to hype up people for a pretty unique and thrilling attraction!

Oh, and RIP Texas Gunslinger! This will definitely be a more picturesque use of that pad!

YESSS!!! Air Races coming to the Six Flags chain! I had a sneaking suspicion 2020 could finally be the year (with all the Zamperla additions, you had to think this was only a matter of time).

As a person who’s home park gets flats every year, this is exciting news! Hopefully one will now come our way in the next few years.

This looks like a really solid, well-themed addition.

It looks neat. I would have much preferred a new Wooden coaster in the boardwalk section, but this looks like a solid addition overall. Crackaxle Canyon has been sorely lacking in the flat ride category ever since they replaced Wagon Wheel with the slingshot ride. I can see why the would go a few years between coasters with a few flat rides. They were on a tear with the coasters for a while.

I rode the one in Tivoli a few years back. Fun and unpredictable.

Have they actually released how TALL it actually is, compared to others of it's kind?

2061568563_ResizeofIMG_4735.JPG.41b0ce01cdf4f8a4de3944e617fde8a6.JPG

This one I rode. TPR 2014 Scandi Tour.