TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Are they relocating Goliath to the surface of the sun?

No, hopefully La Ronde.

Maybe they are just going to relocate SFMM's Green lantern right next to Joker.

Makes perfect sense since we already have two boomerangs, two wipeouts, and two frisbees.

I was also there for the first time this Monday from Fiesta. Good time. Got the red egg. Scored TC FROTD. Superman was intense but not sure why it held so many golden ticket awards. Gauntlet mouse was a huge mistake to go on. Cyborg was good for the AC mostly. Had a pretty good time but yes the Goliath was a migraine machine. The intensity matched the headache. Worst parts were the line at JB's Smokehouse (one cashier during lunch rush) and several unavoidable vomit clouds I had to walk past. 5 rides on WCyclone total were all fun but the outerbanks were a little aggressive for my tastes. Overall 8/10.

Maybe they are just going to relocate SFMM's Green lantern right next to Joker.

Makes perfect sense since we already have two boomerangs, two wipeouts, and two frisbees.

You're picking up what I'm throwing down.

Attention von roll skyride fans. I just found a bunch of pictures of the old von roll skyride at SFNE. These were taken on a trip I made to the park several years ago.

I posted them on my Facebook page here...

I hope it's ok that I post that link on here, if not feel free to delete.

Nice visit today.....got there about 4:00 or so....we are about 25 min away and have Diamond Elite passes so parked in Preferred and got our STL passes and season FP and we’re off......WC was really hauling - caught two rides on that in the back half.....usually we’re in the front half and my daughter was like “I feel like it really screamed over the hill on the drop”.....lol.....then we went on Thunderbolt in the back.....damn if that wasn’t the bumpiest ride I’ve had on that ride.....IDK....then on to Superman....thing is the ride had been closed for a while - when we got there at 4:00 it was already closed and it didn’t reopen until about 7:00.....I was nervous to go - that’s just me being 46 yr old about it and wondering why it was down and if it’s really been fixed.....but my 12 yr old death defying daughter forced me to go.....we rode car 6 front row red train which is the row behind the vacant back row of car 5 which is the remnant of the sound system from years back....holy smokes....what a great ride.....train was hauling serious ass.....we got in another ride on blue train in same row about 90 min later and while good it wasn’t the same as the red train ride....we left after that....I got the reminder I needed of why Superman is so good....man that red train ride was superb......

Also seemed like a lot of rides were down at various times today.....Superman and Batman we’re down and Gotham City was too.....Riddler and Joker we’re being problematic too....oddly Goliath was running problem free.....still didn’t ride it lol.......

Finally I’d love opinions on what causes Superman to go down......is there a top one or two thing that closes it for hours that’s a common theme to it? Like maybe the lift hill was the problem? IDK.....

^ Most of Superman's awards came when it had the t-bars and when it switched to the current restraints, B&M started building gigas and RMC came onto the scene.

It still holds up (especially near the end of the day, or when it's been raining), but yeah, if it wasn't for WC, it would be the only thing worth going to the park for.

Former season pass holder taking my first trip in about 5 years soon--can't wait to try Wicked Cyclone, based on comments here. Two questions if anyone can help out:

1. Does Superman The Ride have seat belts in conjunction with those thick-looking lap bars?

2. I swear I once got some kind of Flash Pass equivalent for Hurricane Harbor--would have been around 2013-2015. I assume this has been discontinued, as I don't see it on the website anymore. (it also didn't work very well) Does anyone remember this existing at SFNE?

^ Yes Superman has seatbelts. I'm not sure if they're the same belts as when the ride originally opened or if they were modified at any point.

I don't recall SFNE ever having a Flash Pass option for the water park, but I have seen it at some other parks.

Hurricane Harbor New Jersey has the flash pass option and it seems to work well for that park, but they also do things differently than us. It seems their water park gets way more crowded so there's always a line for tubes. Not so much with our water park in New England.

Supergirl Sky Flyer Ride Landing at Six Flags New England in 2020

679749911_SFNE-2020NewCapital-Supergirl-KeyArt_SMALL.thumb.jpg.1ca31aac9a92e0e6c5dd3f8787d8bdb0.jpg

New DC Super Hero Attraction Will Spin Guests Head Over Heels

AGAWAM, MA ― August 29, 2019 ― Six Flags New England, the Thrill Capital of New England, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC, announced its newest thrill ride launching in 2020—Supergirl Sky Flyer. Guests will take an adrenaline- charged flight on the all-new Supergirl Sky Flyer attraction as they soar nearly 7-stories through the sky in open-air vehicles. Drawing on DC Super Hero Supergirl’s powers of stamina and strength, thrill-seekers spin and tilt at maximum speeds while being inverted at 80° from the massive, whirling wheel. The ride is raised as riders are launched into a high-speed spin, feet dangling...round and round...higher and higher.

“Innovation is part of our DNA here at Six Flags New England and Supergirl Sky Flyer delivers breathtaking new thrills,” said Park President Pete Carmichael. “The renowned DC-branded attractions are extremely popular with our guests and we are excited to add this cutting-edge attraction bearing Supergirl’s name to our epic lineup of world-class attractions.”

Supergirl Sky Flyer’s heroic highlights:

• Guests fly in open air seats with feet dangling;

• Super-sized wheel begins to spin horizontally, then a giant arm lifts and tilts the wheel

to a vertical position as the high-speed rotations continue throughout; and

• 24 riders repeatedly reach a maximum spinning height of 67-feet in the air.

Supergirl Sky Flyer is scheduled to land at Six Flags New England in the newly themed DC Universe section of the park in late spring 2020 to recruit fliers 48” and up.

For more information on Supergirl Sky Flyer and next season at Six Flags New England, visit, http://www.sixflags.com/newgland/newfor2020.

Six Flags New England is also announcing the start of 2020 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year—savings up to 70% off of a 2020 Pass.

August 29 through September 2, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Combo Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Combo Season Passes include admission to Six Flags New England, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.

During the Flash Sale, guests who sign up for a Membership receive three free months and an exclusive Golden Ticket valid select days through the remainder of the 2019 season. Launched last year, the Six Flags Membership program offers guests a wide range of valuable benefits such as preferred parking every visit, unlimited soft drinks, up to 50% off almost all food and merchandise in the park, and exclusive perks that are only available to Members. Members who sign up for Six Flags Membership Rewards, the company’s new loyalty program exclusive to Members, earn points for almost everything they do at the park. Points can be redeemed for free food, merchandise, and special experiences.

602239589_SupergirlSkyFlyerPhoto1.thumb.JPG.884091145b279b01cfd71c515e1a3001.JPG

1271336879_SupergirlSkyFlyerPhoto2.thumb.JPG.87faed96614dbb45abcae8d50b39ae03.JPG

Endeavors are awesome rides. This will be another great addition to the park. From the renderings it appears it's going to take the spot formerly occupied by Kryptonite Kollider / Joker's Wildcard. Not too surprised that's going away, I mean, it makes sense now that Cyborg's opened up... there isn't really a need for two Trabant-like rides. (Well, I guess there isn't a need for two boomerangs or two pendulums either, but let's take one step at a time.)

Endeavors are awesome rides. This will be another great addition to the park. From the renderings it appears it's going to take the spot formerly occupied by Kryptonite Kollider / Joker's Wildcard. Not too surprised that's going away, I mean, it makes sense now that Cyborg's opened up... there isn't really a need for two Trabant-like rides. (Well, I guess there isn't a need for two boomerangs or two pendulums either, but let's take one step at a time.)

Others have said Kryptonite is being moved, especially based on town meeting records where they've requested to move a ride. I just wonder where it's going in the park.

Seeing the Supergirl ride takes me back to the time when a friend and I thought we were waiting for Superman and were dismayed to discover we had waited for Nightwing instead.

Questions on Flash Pass if anyone can help:

Does The Flash Pass usually sell out on Fridays?

Is there any advantage to pre-paying for the Flash Pass online? Can you go straight to pick up the Flash Pass if you've prepaid online or do you have to wait in the regular line and watch the video?

Thanks!