La Ronde Discussion Thread

P. 125 - Vipère Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: La Ronde Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:55 am

While I found Super Manege decent when I rode it a few years ago, I won't be rushing up there to ride it one last time.

If the Zacspin is run like Grona Lund's (big if), this will be a nice addition.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 am

I liked Super Menage. With that portable frame, it had a lot of shock absorption built-in and was much more comfortable than most Vekoma/Arrow corkscrew coasters. Cosmetically, it couldn't have looked worse (when I was there in 2015)... but a lot of stuff at the park didn't look good. Years of cheap paint jobs dont' help. Such a shame as the park seems like it really could be a world-class place under different management/company.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Postby DILinator » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:52 am

Well, if this isn't the most "La Ronde" way for a ride to make its final run... :lol:

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2019/08/25/fin-abrupte-pour-le-super-manege-de-la-ronde

Copy/pasting that French text into Google Translate produces the following:

The iconic Super Ride of La Ronde came to an abrupt end as a passenger's safety harness broke off when one of the trains climbed on Sunday, triggering an emergency stop.

"Safety sensors on the Super Manège stopped the initial climb of the train. All passengers were evacuated from the arena to continue their visit to the park. The safety of our customers is always our top priority and the ride will be closed for a thorough inspection, "Six Flags, which manages the amusement park, emailed the company.

It is on this note that ended the life of this carousel which was at its last weekend of operation after having entered service in 1981.

Culminating at 22.9m, the Super Manège was the first roller coaster with inversion of La Ronde. It reached a maximum speed of 65 km / h.

The new roller coaster that will replace the Super Manège will be unveiled on August 29th.

RIPieces Super Manege :butt:

Interesting to note that the article specifically says that it will be replaced by a "roller coaster". I mean, I think most of us feel that this is GL from SFMM, but still interesting that apparently local news has been given the impression it's a coaster as well.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:27 am

This is too funny. Imagine if any coaster enthusiasts (although I'm not sure if any really go to La Ronde) were waiting for that mystical final public ride and this happened. They'd all throw a collective fit.

DILinator wrote:Interesting to note that the article specifically says that it will be replaced by a "roller coaster". I mean, I think most of us feel that this is GL from SFMM, but still interesting that apparently local news has been given the impression it's a coaster as well.

Technically they could relocate their new-for-2018 Super Loop to that spot. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:34 am

DILinator wrote:[i]The iconic Super Ride of La Ronde came to an abrupt end as a passenger's safety harness broke off when one of the trains climbed on Sunday, triggering an emergency stop.

This has to just be some kind of translation error or fake news right? Like... I know this park is awful but I can't imagine the restraint just broke off. :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:35 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 am

This is the same park that had a restraint pop open on their boomerang back in 2010, so this doesn't seem outside the realm of possibilities. :lol:

Link

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:46 am

La Ronde, Quebec’s leading destination for thrills and family entertainment, will introduce the first ever free-fly coaster in Canada. Vipère takes coaster riding to the next level, sending riders on a head over heels journey with unexpected drops, vertical free-falls and gravity-defying somersaults. This thrilling ride will give guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track.
2v0_feat2_0.jpg
2v0_feat_0.jpg
ctm_1115_0.jpg
ctm_1562_0.jpg
ctm_1728_0.jpg
ctm_1739_0.jpg
img_9583_0.jpg

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:56 am

This is too perfect. We all suspected it, but seeing it confirmed is music to my ears. Perfect fit for the park!
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:59 am

I'm thinking this may end up being a fantastic addition. Congratulations!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:41 am

I hope they fix what was wrong with it at SFMM, it gave such a bad ride, if so, it'll be a good fit for this park!
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!