Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1257 - World's Tallest Water Coaster coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:38 am

boldikus wrote:So I haven’t popped in this thread in a while. Are there actually rumors or any indication this park is actually going to convert one side of this coaster? Or are y’all just passing around the crack pipe?

Wasn't American Eagle missing in the rendering last year for Maxx Force? I believe that helped add fuel to the fire.

I've also heard a rumor American Eagle was possibly going to be RMCed, but they instead got Goliath since RMC was able to do something with the old plot where Iron Wolf resided.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby B&MGuy35 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:07 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
boldikus wrote:So I haven’t popped in this thread in a while. Are there actually rumors or any indication this park is actually going to convert one side of this coaster? Or are y’all just passing around the crack pipe?

Wasn't American Eagle missing in the rendering last year for Maxx Force? I believe that helped add fuel to the fire.

I've also heard a rumor American Eagle was possibly going to be RMCed, but they instead got Goliath since RMC was able to do something with the old plot where Iron Wolf resided.

Not a rumor. RMC was there to survey AE but when they brought them into the park they walked by the open plot of land where IW was. So Alan Schilke suggested they do a ground up coaster instead in that plot of land and wala...Goliath. AE then put on back burner.
Alan has talked about this when talking about Goliath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:40 am

Thanks for confirming!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:54 am

A water coaster is an awesome addition to any park, honestly something I personally would appreciate as much as a coaster.
I really like how’s there’s been a “resurgence” of these in the United States.

Also, get off the high horse: you guys already have an RMC, American Eagle isn’t getting the treatment. Meanwhile, other parks have NOTHING. Goliath might be the weakest RMC but it’s still one of the best coasters in the entire chain.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby tinaalsgirl » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:24 am

So, when I went into Mooseburger Lodge to cool down, I noticed a darkened space that looks like it's a saloon... Have they ever had a saloon show there? Is there a reason that area is open (there weren't any chains or signs or whatever to keep people from wandering down into that area) but unused?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby B&MGuy35 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:45 am

tinaalsgirl wrote:So, when I went into Mooseburger Lodge to cool down, I noticed a darkened space that looks like it's a saloon... Have they ever had a saloon show there? Is there a reason that area is open (there weren't any chains or signs or whatever to keep people from wandering down into that area) but unused?

They have shows there every year.
It’s called the Snowshoe Taphouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:36 am

World's Tallest Water Coaster!

Six Flags Great America, the Thrill Capital of the Midwest, continues its record-breaking streak in 2020 with the world-record water coaster, Tsunami Surge. Towering an incredible 86 feet in height, this innovative water coaster will be the tallest-of-its-kind in the world. Riders will reach a top speed of 28 mph over 950 feet of enclosed tunnels and open-air slides with three gravity-defying blasts and five breathtaking drops. Tsunami Surge will also feature AquaLucent technology, giving riders the sensation of traveling at the speed of light as brilliant colors and dreamlike imagery heighten the ride experience.
sfgahh_ts-1_1920x1080.jpg
sfgahh_ts-2_1920x1280.jpg
sfgahh_ts-3_1920x1080.jpg

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:41 am

Yay more water coasters! This is a good fit for them, and the "tallest" hook plays well to their strengths.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:04 am

*breathes fresh air*

Oh good, nothing hinting at an RMC Eagle.

In all seriousness, this looks pretty awesome. I'm glad to see my home park is finally getting something new at Hurricane Harbor, since we haven't gotten anything new there since Riptide Bay in 2011!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:09 am

I'm not a Water Park guy, but I AM a Water Coaster guy, so this will actually get me to go into Hurricane Harbor for the first time ever next year! GAm is my "home" SF park, and I've never been in there. I also haven't been since 2016, so I'm planning to take advantage if their steal of a Flash Sale, and get myself and my kids Memberships. It's shaping up to be a Six Flags year, next year! :lol:

Also, does anybody have any idea where in Hurricane Harbor this will go? It seems like it'd have to be a decently sized area.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!