TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I love it! Wonder Woman is a really cool ride, and the one we rode the most in Texas this summer. A bigger, longer version of it would be fantastic.

As for capacity...well, the 12 cars will help, but.... this park is gonna be Platinum or bust for a while.

Yup, a great teaser campaign. On another note, the park did a good job with keeping it under wraps. That radio station dropped the ball. Bet that they will not get dibs on news again.

I read elsewhere that this is not the first time that particular station leaked GAdv's announcement early. Makes me wonder if this is the "final straw" (cue Milton voice), or if it's just something the park will continue to look past.

As for capacity...well, the 12 cars will help, but.... this park is gonna be Platinum or bust for a while.

As for the potential for massive crowds at the park, and an intolerable line length, I agree that it will definitely be bad once Summer is in full swing. However, I have also found that you can do this park with minimal crowds on days you wouldn't necessarily think would be like that. Case in point: my last visit was the day after the 4th of July, and had hardly any waits all day long, and left a few hours early because we'd been able to do everything we wanted. So I feel like there will still be good days to go, and get on Jersey Devil reasonably quick. Of course, outside of days when school is still in session, good luck figuring out exactly when those days will be!

This is even better than I expected or could have hoped for. Looks like I'm gonna be hitting up Great Adventure a lot more next season than I have this year.

Boldy, the press release on the website says it will be four trains. I can't wait to ride this thing in the last row.

I can't wait to ride this thing in the last row.

Ditto! That's what I keep thinking! I've heard they are pretty strict about assigning seats on the other two Raptors though... Is that the case? And if so, should we expect that here at GAdv with Jersey Devil as well? Regardless, I am sure that'll be the money seat on this coaster, and very popular, so hopefully it works out for me to ride it there at least once!

I love the front of those trains! This is so cool, I haven't been on one of these yet so I'm really looking forward to this opening. I'm so happy they went with local lore for the theme as well. I wonder if they kept the devil statue from outside El Diablo or if they will have that company(I forgot the name but they are local too and do really cool work) make them a new statue.

I also obviously absolutely love the name of this ride, I'll definitely be buying some merch for it lol

That coaster better have a damn good lighting package to bring that bad boy to even MORE life!! At least have lighting on the trains or on the grounds amongst the coaster to really bring in that "devil" vibe. I know they won't do it, but a guy can dream lol. It looks bad ass!! HUGE AF, TOO. For some reason I was expecting something more compact, even a T-Rex style, but this is E P I C just as it is! That's gonna draw in a huge crowd for sure.

This looks awesome, and it’s honestly kinda what I expected. When they started teasing it, I couldn’t help but think T-Rex, but as that idea got shut down pretty quickly, I immediately thought of a custom raptor. Glad that’s exactly what they’re getting! Hopefully I can make it out to Jersey again sometime soon!

This coaster seems awesome. So happy to see this type of coaster finally come to the east coast. I have not ridden one of these yet so the only thing that concerns me is capacity. This park gets super crowded in the summer and overly crowded during Fright Fest.

That coaster better have a damn good lighting package to bring that bad boy to even MORE life!! At least have lighting on the trains or on the grounds amongst the coaster to really bring in that "devil" vibe. I know they won't do it, but a guy can dream lol.

For the love of god no. This ride is in one of the darkest areas of the park, they need to just do what they usually do an leave it dark AF so the night rides are as good as (or even better than) Nitro. There will be lights up the lift, which is in the middle of the ride. Hopefully they just leave it at that. I'm praying they leave some of the trees and don't just clear out the entire area before construction.

I was more than surprised by this coaster. I was not expecting something this big or this long to be put in. I am so ready for 2020 and now there’s another big swinger by Nitro

It’s also very weird they don’t consider the Raven Dive an inversion. I definitely think it classifies as one, weird.

Can we take a moment to appreciate that Great Adventure may now have the two best drops in the country?

The violent ejector air of El Toro's drop was matched by the original Raptor clones. And now that Jersey Devil has a 50% longer train, I'm already salivating over the power of that airtime in the back row.

That coaster better have a damn good lighting package to bring that bad boy to even MORE life!! At least have lighting on the trains or on the grounds amongst the coaster to really bring in that "devil" vibe. I know they won't do it, but a guy can dream lol.

For the love of god no. This ride is in one of the darkest areas of the park, they need to just do what they usually do an leave it dark AF so the night rides are as good as (or even better than) Nitro. There will be lights up the lift, which is in the middle of the ride. Hopefully they just leave it at that. I'm praying they leave some of the trees and don't just clear out the entire area before construction.

This. With this ride's location, night rides could be insane.

I almost feel like they are kinda underselling this coaster. That they're just saying "5 elements with 2 inversions" *sounds* a little underwhelming, no? The video mentions the angle of descent but not the height or speed. Where are the "X moments of weightlessness" claims? Why don't the turnarounds have some funky RMC names?

Stupid things to gripe about, I know but I guess that's a good thing. This ride looks so insane, I almost can't even believe its happening.

You know what else is cool? If they don't wait until spring to start construction, we'll be able to watch progress during HITP via Nitros lift.

But the real life Jersey Devil is bioluminescent, didn't you know?

In all seriousness, lighting package or not (expecting not), this looks like the perfect new coaster for SFGAdv. Checks all the boxes for them. I expect the raven dive and the drop off the turnaround over the station to be highlights if Railblazer is any indication.

I'm thrilled.

Great Adventure's coaster lineup is already ridiculous and this has the potential to be one of the best rides in the park. As Boldy said, I'm also thrilled that it will probably be a Holiday in the Park ride since that's usually when we visit the most.

I can't wait.

I have not ridden one of these yet so the only thing that concerns me is capacity. This park gets super crowded in the summer and overly crowded during Fright Fest.

This ride will probably have similar capacity to Kingda Ka and Joker. Honestly it might even be better.

Edited by coasterbill

Very excited to finally get a new coaster.

Super excited that it's a type I've never been on.

LOVE that it's an original name and not another comic book repeat.

Worried about capacity.

Slightly disappointed that it's not a racing coaster like Twisted Colossus.

This is great! I'm happy to see SFGAdv get a brand new, custom coaster since the last one was in 2006. The layout looks great and knowing how Wonder Woman and Railblazer run, this thing will HAUL.

I'm also glad to see 12-seat trains. This combined with a MCBR (hopefully meaning 4-train operation if there is a continuous station) should give it a slight capacity edge over the other RMC Raptors.