TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

So St. Louis has kicked things off for 2020, go figure. Obviously two others are all but confirmed but this is official. Very interesting ride, based upon the responses on Facebook people seem to like it. Though one thinks it's Xcalibur. I'll wait for the offical post here before posting some thoughts.

Unique Dual Spinning Attraction Catapults Guests into Thrilling Chaos in 2020

Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, is unleashing Catwoman Whip to catapult guests into thrilling chaos. The adventure begins as the ride’s giant arm launches 16 guests, with feet dangling, 164 feet into the air. As the massive arm whips around at up to 52 mph in a spinning rotation, the unique open-air pods are simultaneously flipping guests head over heels. From 16 stories high, guests will plummet back down toward the ground only to complete the rotation all over again for an intense adrenaline rush.

sfsl_cw_photo_-_2_1.thumb.jpg.772352f11b3c2919fff6d762fa3e753f.jpg

sfsl_cw_photo_-_3.thumb.jpg.e8befa2024f3fad37c1c8347fb917cbd.jpg

sfsl_cw_photo_-_4_1.thumb.jpg.43f12ca2874dc1bd2d40cc7592a340b8.jpg

sfsl_cw_photo_-_5.thumb.jpg.64c4bcae7a122320c6e52a945203dbdd.jpg

sfsl_cw_photo_-_6_1.thumb.jpg.0d272bf86c6be08120ec1760cd7a842d.jpg

sfsl_cw_photo_-_7.thumb.jpg.800b778f009086485153a8aba7583004.jpg

I don't care what anybody says, I think these look super fun! I'm excited to finally ride one, as I don't usually pay for up-charge rides, and haven't had the pleasure of riding one of these yet. I think I'll finally make it back to SFStL next year, so it looks like I'll have a chance!

So the interesting thing to me is that this is clearly in the go karts location, indicating that this is the first step in a longer plan. The ride...well, it looks like a placeholder just so they don't have to announce "Go karts are leaving and eventually something else will be there!"

To be honest, after Jersey Devil and Six Flags Over Texas Powersplash (can't remember the name already) this is what I'm next most excited for this year on a spiritual level. When I was just getting into coasters the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie with that type of ride came to theaters and I've wanted to ride one ever since, and they've all been upcharge. I really hope this and the one at Great Escape don't cost money, because I can finally tick this ride off my bucket list.

Well, in my opinion this looks like the best addition for our park in quite some time, probably since American Thunder. I'm glad we arent just getting a retheme of Excalibur, as I have seen suggested. Should be able to get a fantastic look at this thing from the Boss entrance/exit!

I'm excited for it. The social media response is surprisingly not as negative as I expected. Although lots of "too many carnival rides" comments, which always crack me up. It's an amusement park! You could call any of the rides in the park "carnival rides". And personally I wouldn't trust a portable version of this particular attraction

Also, this new DC area is going to look amazing at night with Supergirl and Catwoman's light packages

Its nice, but still, will we EVER get a coaster. I mean, its to the point where its nearly laughable that we never get one. Last major steel coaster was Mr. Freeze...in 1997!! Don't talk to me about tony hawk or boomerang.. And being honest, the last full circuit non gimmick steel coaster was batman...in 1995!! I don't think any other park in the chain has gone 25 years without a major full circuit steel coaster being added.

I don't think any other park in the chain has gone 25 years without a major full circuit steel coaster being added.

Actually it's only been three years since Fireball was added.

LOL...Fireball is not a major full circuit steel coaster..its not even a coaster. Are you trolling me?