TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

The park has everything running during HITP except for Mr. Freeze.

Freeze was open last HITP, for the first time. It wasn’t running both trains but it was open, as long as the temps were good. They also purchased another train from another Premier coaster that is no longer running. The name and park both slip my mind. It’s a red train and has been sitting in the back 40 of the parking lot under the covered tent waiting to get rehabbed. I was told that’s its a 3rd train to keep both sides going.

The park has everything running during HITP except for Mr. Freeze.

Freeze was open last HITP, for the first time. It wasn’t running both trains but it was open, as long as the temps were good. They also purchased another train from another Premier coaster that is no longer running. The name and park both slip my mind. It’s a red train and has been sitting in the back 40 of the parking lot under the covered tent waiting to get rehabbed. I was told that’s its a 3rd train to keep both sides going.

Red train eh? I could be wrong but that could very well be one of the trains of the Robin side of Batman and Robin: The Chiller that used to be at Six Flags Great Adventure.

Don't think it will be too surprising. An park employee in a Facebook group I follow is hinting around that some sort of announcement about Gold River will happen. Same employee also insists that there's no Mack Power Splash coming because "it won't fit".

First-of-its-Kind Water Coaster and Extended Year-Round Operation Announced for Six Flags Over Texas for 2020!

Theme Park to Debut Innovative New Water Coaster and Hurricane Harbor Announces Three Pulse-Pounding New Slides

ARLINGTON, Texas — August 29, 2019 — Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas,

in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC, announces the next

generation in water coaster thrill rides and the first-of-its-kind in North America—Aquaman:

Power Wave. The park’s 15th coaster will launch riders backwards and forwards, straight up

colossal 148 feet twin track towers and then send them plunging straight down, screaming

across more than 700 feet of track before hurtling at 63 miles per hour towards the ultimate

massive splash down.

“Six Flags leads the industry in thrill ride innovation; it is part of our DNA, and we are taking

thrills to the next level with the opening of Aquaman: Power Wave. We are excited to theme our

latest unique and memorable ride around the iconic DC Super Hero,” said Park President Steve

Martindale. “When the weather heats up in Texas, guests will swarm to this attraction for a

water thrill ride experience like no other in the country.”

Aquaman: Power Wave’s highlights include:

• First water coaster of its kind in North America;

• Top speed of 63 miles per hour;

• Launch-style water coaster will suspend riders in a 90° angle before hurtling them across

the more than 700 feet of track; and

• This is the park’s 15th coaster.

In addition to the exciting, new Aquaman: Power Wave, the park is also announcing yearround operation on weekends, holidays and special dates in January and February.

“With our vast collection of thrills for all ages, coupled with the region’s mild temperatures,

expanding to a year-round operating schedule will give our Members and Season Pass Holders

even greater value for their money,” said Mr. Martindale.

Also on tap for the 2020 season Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, the largest waterpark in North

Texas, will open an all-new slide complex called, Banzai Pipeline. Guests will have the choice

of three slides with multiple twists, turns and drops down a four-story tower for a thrilling and

refreshing ride.

Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor are also announcing the start of 2020 Season Pass

sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year

— savings up to 70% off on a 2020 Pass.

August 29 through September 2, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Combo Season

Pass with every pass purchased. Gold Combo Season Passes include admission to Six Flags

Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor-Arlington, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as

free parking and special admission offers for friends.

During the Flash Sale, guests who sign up for a Membership receive three free months and one

free Golden Ticket valid for a friend’s free admission to visit almost any day this fall. Launched

last year, the Six Flags Membership program offers guests a wide range of valuable benefits

such as preferred parking every visit, unlimited soft drinks, up to 50% off almost all food and

merchandise in the park, and exclusive perks that are only available to Members. Members who

sign up for Six Flags Membership Rewards, the company’s new loyalty program exclusive to

Members, earn points for almost everything they do at the park. Points can be redeemed for

free food, merchandise, and special experiences.

sfot_1.thumb.jpg.64672597406fcc18b6e9baf377e2b030.jpg

sfot_2_0.thumb.jpg.4f0ef1c04ca653f3b6f446c218ffc094.jpg

sfot_3.thumb.jpg.b137fd7567d7ec594095b12592c16402.jpg

sfot_4.thumb.jpg.29ba5d01c92a31ffe2ad1eb7269b90c4.jpg

sfot_7_1.thumb.jpg.fa084f6dfe7551124a25cce19af3ee4a.jpg

sfot_8_0.thumb.jpg.d562e6920c2969ca46f800e806dd4a7c.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

The first Aquasplash in the US is awesome enough, but I really am glad that they're going to year-round operation as well! I know once when I was looking at going, they weren't going to be open when I was in the area, and I was surprised at that time they weren't open year round. So definitely a couple of stellar 2020 additions for the OG Six Flags!

Aquaman: Power Wave is a great name for what will be the first Mack Power Splash in North America! Year-round operations was something I had been expecting since SFFT starting doing it. Bonzai Pipeline is a nice bonus! Always good to have something new and fun added to the water park!

The first Aquasplash in the US is awesome enough, but I really am glad that they're going to year-round operation as well! I know once when I was looking at going, they weren't going to be open when I was in the area, and I was surprised at that time they weren't open year round. So definitely a couple of stellar 2020 additions for the OG Six Flags!

I had the same problem when I was in the area, the weather wasn't even really cold either, certainly not like anything in great adventure for holiday in the park lol I think they will draw good crowds during these new operating days.

That water coaster looks awesome too, definitely want to make a trip out here soon. I just wish SeaWorld would get with the year round operations as well, even if it was just on the weekends.

Awesome to see one of these finally hitting the US! The name and theme seem perfect for this type of ride!

For people who have ridden these types of coasters before, how wet do they usually get you? 63 mph launch up nearly a 150 foot vertical spike sounds pretty intense to then splash face first into water.

Also glad to hear the park is running year-round! I still haven't been to any of the Texas parks, but them being open in January/February/March is an even more incentive for me to go and get out of cold a$$ Ohio during those months.

Pulsar was a huge surprise hit in Walibi Beligum, I'm glad Six Flags finally caught on three years later. Hopefully they order more because these rides can replace every Shoot The Chutes style attraction and nobody would ever complain. Well, nobody except the weirdos, but whatever.

For people who have ridden these types of coasters before, how wet do they usually get you? 63 mph launch up nearly a 150 foot vertical spike sounds pretty intense to then splash face first into water.

When you're on the ride you get an appropriate amount of wetness, maybe the side seats are a bit worse. If you're in the splash zone outside the ride, though, you might as well be standing in the middle of a hurricane.

This is an awesome addition. I'm sure it will be insanely popular on those hot Texas days.

It also appears this is just a one-car version since the animation doesn't show a turntable and RCDB lists it as having one car. Capacity should still be manageable though considering the length of the ride cycle and that it holds 20 people per car.

Here's our video from 2016 of the first (I think?) installation at Walibi Belgium. Like Kyle said, it actually really surprised all of us and we all very much enjoyed it. It was about 60 degrees that day and we rode with ponchos and did just fine. It didn't waterboard or drown us like a certain water ride in Poland...

Add me to the list of those “pleasantly surprised” by this ride at Walibi Belgium! Super fun launches and weightlessness on the spikes and minimal wetness where we were sitting.

Interesting that they didn’t go with the turntable on this one. That system seemed to work great and SFOT gets super busy...