TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funniest Ride Experiences

On Diamondback one idiot tried to hold on to her sandals. I watched them fling upward out of her hands on the first airtime hill.

I rode the Screamin' Eagle and some obnoxious kid behind me kept yelling, "This ride trash! This ride trash!"

Last, but not least, I was in the station for The Boss when I watched piss discreetly leak down a girl's leg and form a large puddle. My wife and I were the only people to notice. That was truly a "Six Flags Day."

• 1 month later...
On Diamondback one idiot tried to hold on to her sandals. I watched them fling upward out of her hands on the first airtime hill.

What gets me is when people wear flip flops on X2. On a couple occasions, I've seen flip flops fly off of people's feet as the cars flip over on the first drop.

On Wild West Falls at Warner Bros. Movie World, I shouted "FIST ME DADDY!!" during the big drop. Everyone laughed.

During Bizarro at GAdv this year, I shouted "MIND WYRMMS!"

There was a guy behind me with a really funny scream on Green Lantern.

I don’t get it....

Is any of this suppose to be funny??? Because it’s not.

• Thanks 1

Back in June when my family visited Carowinds, my 13-year-old sister finally overcame her fear and took her first ride on Fury 325. This was, by far, the biggest/fastest/longest coaster she had ever ridden. She clenched the clamshell so tightly during the lift hill and first drop, then everything after that she had her hands up the whole time! She then got off and it immediately became her favorite coaster and she wanted to marathon it the rest of the night.

Sometimes seeing someone else enjoy a ride is just as enjoyable for me as enjoying it myself. I was so proud of her for riding it, especially since we're from California and were on vacation there, so she wouldn't get another chance to ride anything like it for a while.

We also had a front row night ride on Copperhead Strike that same day, and it was so much fun. That's her second favorite coaster in the park (and mine too). We love Carowinds now and can't wait to go back.

EDIT: I now realize this is "funniest" ride experiences and not "funnest," but oh well, it's still a fun story to share!

Funny how so many of these are mildly dangerous. Honestly, it's fun to see parks that are a little more lax on safety. Not to the point of the ride actually being dangerous, of course. But just enough where you're like, "man, someone could maybe get hurt." Like a log flume. No real restraints, the park's just trusting you to stay seated.

This is why Knoebles will always be my favorite, over Cedar Point or Disney. No other park today captures that feeling as well as Knoebles does.

There was a fair in town recently, they had one of these

47547E20-09B5-4A72-AED7-173F2543B89F.43559.0419212963-G.jpg

The operator wasn't checking restraints, so I held mine as high as it would go(there was a secondary restraint that prevented it from going too far up.) I yanked the hydraulic restraint down right before the ride did a full inversion, while there is a cage it really felt like I was going to fall out.

To me, they were funny. I respect your opinion.

"Fist me daddy" is not only a middle school level of maturity, if I was on there with my kids when you did it we wouldve had problems. And what does "Mind WYRRMS" even mean?

• Thanks 1

Sometimes seeing someone else enjoy a ride is just as enjoyable for me as enjoying it myself.

I agree. My daughter rode Scorpion at BGT this summer - her first inversion! When she got off, she started jumping and saying "I DID IT! I DID IT!"

She hasn't done an inversion since.

• 1 month later...
Sometimes seeing someone else enjoy a ride is just as enjoyable for me as enjoying it myself.

I agree. My daughter rode Scorpion at BGT this summer - her first inversion! When she got off, she started jumping and saying "I DID IT! I DID IT!"

She hasn't done an inversion since.

That was me on Rock n Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios in 2016. Didn't do an inversion for two years.

I had a couple really funny experiences I shared with my sister at Busch Gardens Williamsburg back in July.

We were riding InvadR in the back row, and as we soar into the turn after the first drop, someone’s hat flies off of their head into the unknown. His friend next to him still had his hat on by the end of the ride.

Towards the end of the day we decided to go on the rapids along with a family of four, and these two girls were freaking out over their makeup getting ruined on the ride. One of the girls says her eyelashes are coming off, and the other girl shreiked “Mine?!”

• 4 months later...

To make up for the amount of cringeworthy experiences I have posted on this thread, here's a real funny experience...

Some guy with me on Boomerang at SFFT recited the entirety of the Navy Seals Copypasta. He had the entire thing memorized. By the time we arrived back in the station, I was dying laughing XD

To make up for the amount of cringeworthy experiences I have posted on this thread, here's a real funny experience...

giphy.gif

Some guy with me on Boomerang at SFFT recited the entirety of the Navy Seals Copypasta. He had the entire thing memorized. By the time we arrived back in the station, I was dying laughing XD

giphy.gif

It goes like this:

"I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2020 at 5:56 PM, ytterbiumanalyst said:

It goes like this:

"I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

That's Dune.  As in the novel by Frank Herbert.