Photo TR: Seabreeze June 4

Nicole and Paul's Ghetto Adventures
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Hot Coaster Chick!

Photo TR: Seabreeze June 4

Postby niiicolaaah » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:23 am

Part 1: The rest will come tonight when I get home from work!

Yesterday, Carnage was going to come down for some rides on the Silver Comet and Crazy Mouse, since he had never been to Martin's Fantasy Island. We were going to take advantage of the cheap 5 pm admission. However, when Paul got to the park, it was closed due to inclement weather. Apparently sunny and 65 degrees was not good enough for Marty! Hehe. Anyway, we were thinking about going to Marineland, but they don't have cheap evening admission. So like any respectable credit whore would do, we decided to take a little road trip to Seabreeze in Rochester, which ended up being about a 90 minute drive. :lolr:

The park was very small and "ghetto", but their coasters were very well maintained, and I had an enjoyable time. This is definitely not a park I could spend a whole day at; however, the credit whoring was easy and their coasters are pretty fun, so I will probably go back there at some point in the future.

We brought our cameras on the rides, after specifically asking the Jack Rabbit ride op "Can we bring our cameras on the ride?" After that, whenever we brought our cameras on, we made sure they were in plain view and obviously in our hands when the ops were checking our restraints. So don't go yelling at us for breaking any rules. =)
DSCN4350.jpg
On the way, we passed the exit for Darien Lake.
DSCN4356.jpg
The helpful signs made sure we wouldn't get lost. However, there was one sign that pointed straight and to the left at the same time that sort of confused us.
DSCN4357.jpg
Woot! We're here! And I see flyers! I'm excited
DSCN4358.jpg
Paul takes forever to do stuff. At PCW it was the soda machine; at Seabreeze, it was getting his camera ready.
DSCN4360.jpg
Cute park entrance.
DSCN4361.jpg
This was my first flyer experience. It was pretty tame and slow.
DSCN4362.jpg
First credit of the season!! YES!
DSCN4365.jpg
The very first ride was the only time the train would be full.
DSCN4366.jpg
Reverse lift hill POV shot!
DSCN4367.jpg
Jack Rabbit is a fun little ride with a cool tunnel. In the front seat there is a little bit of gentle air to be had.
DSCN4364.jpg
There's Bear Trax, which had a ride op that wouldn't let us ride.
DSCN4363.jpg
This was the only time we saw the ride operating when we were there!
DSCN4369.jpg
Whirlwind, a Maurer Sohne spinning coaster
DSCN4370.jpg
This was my first spinning coaster, and I really liked it!
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:33 am

Great Photo TR!

If you like spinning coasters you are going to love the Wild Mouse at South Pier! ;)

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:42 am

Nice TR, but where are the pictures of the carousel?
Ted

Postby Carnage » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:12 am

All I could think of while pulling into MFIs parking lot was "PArks closed, didn't the moose out front tell you?".

I watched car after car of confused people pull into the lot only to turn around once confirming that no one was in site.

One lady even pulled up and asked me when the park closed. After I responded with "I don't know, I just got here", she said "To work??". Uhh, no I do not work here.

Trip worked out well in the end though, even though I made it home close to 1AM. I'll try and post stuff tonight, though the pics are probably close tot he same Nicole has. ;)

When I asked the Jackrabbit op if we could take cameras on the rides he just looked at me like I was crazy for asking.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:31 am

Awww, denied your kiddie credit...how sad!!!! (but not pathetic!)

Do they still have the bobsled coaster? I remember thinking that was fun! I'm sure the mouse is WAY better than Quantum Loop!!!

Postby Carnage » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:37 am

Yup, the boblsed is still there. That was a pretty weird credit.

And the best part of the mouse? NINETY DEGREESS!!!!

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:03 am

OMG I love bobsled coasters, how far is this from Rochester's Airport?
-James Dillaman

Postby Carnage » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:09 am

Sorry, the name bobsleds is misleading.

It's a steel coaster running small boblsed type cars. It's built using the supports of some old wooden roller coaster.

The name and the cars are the only things that are bobsled. It's not a boblsed type coaster.

AGain, it's a weird credit. ;)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby martinb » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:14 am

CoasterCrazy wrote:If you like spinning coasters you are going to love the Wild Mouse at South Pier! ;)

You being serious? I haven't been on it but its no different to any other Reverchon Mouse, there would be more of them on the UK trip but Pleasurewood Hills removed theirs and the one Lightwater Valley maybe closed temporarly, I dunno.

Any nice pics, I must say Nicola, you have one hell of a smile.

-Martyn

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:48 am

Oh, well anyways it would be fun to get some new credits, how far is it away from the airport?

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive