TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Maybe clue #3 will have an orange M...

R M C

That would be awesome, but I don't think the GP would get it. My thought is that they would want to tease something that would also be meaningful to the GP, but maybe (hopefully?? an RMC would be rad!) I'm wrong.

Someone on Twitter pointed out that the letters could be spelling "Creature" and the theme is the Jersey Devil. I had to look it up but it looks like a pretty solid folklore creature to theme a ride off of. The park mentioned they will give clues on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with the announcement being the 29th. That leaves 5 more days of clues before the announcement, or 7 letters (8 if you count the announcement as being the final letter) if each clue is a letter. "Creature" sure fits that bill. I guess we'll see today what the third clue is.

The reasons I haven't been sold on "Creature" yet are because:

- There are six clues. Creature has seven letters.

- They advertised this as a "scramble". Why would they release each letter in order?

I'm thinking more about the Two Face story. Complex duality could be his split personalities. Chance and fate are his obsession.

The creature in the trees could be a bat. So perhaps a reference to batman.

Perhaps dueling coasters. Batman vs. Two Face

Perhaps this could also be a dueling Intamin like the one that opened in China. I know folks want the Raptors but I'd argue that Intamins design would result in more riders per hour which is something that a busy park like SFGA would benefit from.

Perhaps this could also be a dueling Intamin like the one that opened in China. I know folks want the Raptors but I'd argue that Intamins design would result in more riders per hour which is something that a busy park like SFGA would benefit from.

While this addition would be something all of us would enjoy, looking at Six Flags' previous installations they side with manufacturers that they work with in bulk to deliver low to medium cost coasters such as the Premier launch models and S&S free spins and launched coasters. They haven't worked with Intamin since Green Lantern: First Flight at SFMM, and based on how well that turned out and the historically high cost of Intamin installations, as well as less of a focus on capacity even at large parks with the addition of coasters like the free spins and Maxx Force. As much as I'd love to see a new Intamin in the US, I suspect this is a Premier coaster similar to WCR or an RMC product of some sort.

I agree with the WCR idea... it fits better into the line up. We don’t need another extreme launched ride, we need something more we’ll rounded for a family aspect of rides. Although us enthusiasts would love another intense launch, an opportunity to put a launched ride in the intensity line up between Bizzaro and day Superman is more in line with that is needed at the park.

I agree with the WCR idea... it fits better into the line up. We don’t need another extreme launched ride, we need something more we’ll rounded for a family aspect of rides. Although us enthusiasts would love another intense launch, an opportunity to put a launched ride in the intensity line up between Bizzaro and day Superman is more in line with that is needed at the park.

Great Adventures would probably open before SFMM's!

I'm leaning towards an S&S similar to Maxx Force, just based on Six Flags' pattern of ordering in bulk and S&S's recent photo they posted of new ride track that looked Maxx Force-ish.

Maybe but then again S&S has alot of work in China as well so the track may be going there.

Clue #4:

1236311526_8-21-20195-10-31PM.jpg.e5ab6aa297d444572af7d49f652114b2.jpg

Guess this confirms the rumors of Congo Rapids leaving! Maybe time to get your last rides in!

EDIT: Okay, actually, after giving it a quick thought, I think this refers to the Adventure Rivers section that left many years ago. I don't think this outright confirms Congo Rapids is leaving yet.