Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: RollerManic and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby TEDodd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:30 pm

yawetag wrote:I'm a fan of the places that have bracelets for heights. I know Hersheypark had it when I was there a few years ago, but haven't seen any other park mention it.

Dollywood has a central measurement station like that and different color bands for different heights.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:12 am

yawetag wrote:I'm a fan of the places that have bracelets for heights. I know Hersheypark had it when I was there a few years ago, but haven't seen any other park mention it.

TEDodd wrote:Dollywood has a central measurement station like that and different color bands for different heights.

Even with "official height checks" at guest services where you can get a wristband, the ride ops still have the final say on if someone gets to ride or not. There are various reasons from "shrinking during the day", to body frame/size (might be too petite even with the correct height)...I've seen several reasons over the years.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby southpuddle » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:29 am

Don’t forget my favorite: parents who switch the wristband from their taller kid onto their shorter kid.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby yawetag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:19 am

bgtlover wrote:Even with "official height checks" at guest services where you can get a wristband, the ride ops still have the final say on if someone gets to ride or not. There are various reasons from "shrinking during the day", to body frame/size (might be too petite even with the correct height)...I've seen several reasons over the years.

Agreed. But in situations where someone is juuuuuuuuuuuust below the measurement on the ride but has a marking to indicate they hit that during their "official" measurement, I can see a ride op allowing that. Obviously, an inch or more would be cause for questioning, but some discretion should definitely be allowed.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:40 am

I've kind of been wishing for a central measurement station at SFoG. My 3 year old and I go almost every weekend and he is right at 42 inches. Taking a little guy up to a ride and waiting in line, then being told he can't ride is literally a nightmare. He has no fear and already gets upset that he can't ride Goliath so he gets upset by this and I get to deal with the aftermath :)

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby yawetag » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:29 am

Rather than a bracelet, why not a stamp of some sort on the wrist? You can't pass it to another person, and if it gets rubbed off for some reason, you can always go back and get re-checked. Or, you can just chance the measurement by a ride op.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Zoltret » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:23 pm

Went to SFOG this past week and overall rode every coaster except for Blue Hawk but when i was on Mindbender the rideop was enforcing the no glasses rule on it and this was the first EVER time they've done this on Mindbender. It was total BS so i held my glasses and when the train left the station i put them back on. My glasses didnt even budge in the slightest. So after that i rode it again and did the same thing. The Rideops are so inconsistent with the loose article rule. They need to do somethint about it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Zoltret » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Also mindbender was trimmed so hard this time, so no airtime :cry:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:38 pm

^^ this is an odd post. . . you're posting that you're happily breaking a direct request from a ride operator.. .because you feel you know better?

why not just get a glasses strap, if you're so dead set on wearing your glasses on a ride?

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:26 pm

Zoltret wrote:Also mindbender was trimmed so hard this time, so no airtime :cry:

I'll be honest... even if I experienced Mindbender with some form of airtime, I'd probably forget about it. The positives are the ride's strong suit, IMO.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!