TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

It's especially weird that they didn't have anything prepared when the *exact* layout was posted to YouTube on May 9. The guy who created the NoLimits video either 1. had an inside connection or 2. is a wizard because he absolutely nailed every element.

They were upstaged by a 4 month old leak video!

I went with RAWKIN and DIL to the announcement and we had a blast! People here are hyped; this is going to be a good ride! The park was nice and dead today, too, so we got on quite a few rides. Guys this forum is a cool place.

Anyway, someone pointed out a backward blue racer train from the animation on their insta story. Could it be true...?

34cf3ad75254af098f3d54baab6d574f.jpg

Does anyone have any technical theory for why this and Leviathan have brake runs that are seemingly 100' in the air? Intamin has no issue running a train at 120mph into a flat brake run knowing that the magnets will do their thing... it's not like doing the raised brake run saves any (contactless) magnet maintenance.

My non-enthusiast husband who has never seen Leviathan just watched the TPR-posted POV and his first thought was "why does it end higher up than that building (FoF)" and I realized that I honestly don't have a logical answer for him.

That long Inclined brake-run is basically kinda like a second lift hill (aka one big block section) and it's easier and cheaper to move the train with gravity than drive tires. As why it's so tall, probably more or less B&M being using caution as they do with all their designs. While Intamin is comfortable coming in hot to a brake-run, B&M has their limitations on how far they're willing to push basically everything.

A ride this short for the height is going to be coming in hot to the brake run. It makes sense to have the brake run start high so that the kinetic energy of the train can be reduced before hitting the brake.

Pacing on this thing should hopefully be insane. I’m excited to visit KI again soon

I'm having a hard time imagining how much the coaster will absolutely dwarf The Racer, and dominate the skyline of everything within the vicinity of the park by next spring. It looks like fun! Can't wait to try it after the queue line finally drops under being 12 light years long, lol.

I have a feeling the color scheme will look even better in person! Love the location, the layout is cool as hell and pretty unique. Big congratulations to those who have Kings Island as their home Park.

Kings island was already on my to do list but now I’m very glad I waited! Stoked!

I enjoyed the park immensely Thursday, visiting with my kids and meeting up with RAWKIN and Inverted (who are both great people, and everybody should meet them sometime!) Even with my favorite coaster there (Diamondback) down all day, it was a great time at this fabulous park! The crowds being super low all day and lines almost non-existent certainly didn't hurt either! We got to the park at 1:00, and I still got three laps each on MT and Banshee, as well as every other non-kiddie coaster except Vortex and FoF once!

As for the announcement, it was fun to finally be a part of one, and even though there were literally zero surprises (other than there being zero surprises), it was cool to see it all officially announced, and feel the buzz in the crowd! I'm also loving the off ride images provided, and can't wait to see it in person (and ride it of course) next year!

So, thanks to KI for the fun event, and the Coney Mall ERT (We got last ride of the night on Monster! Woo hoo!) And congrats on the upcoming debut of Orion, their awesome KIga coaster!

Does anyone have any technical theory for why this and Leviathan have brake runs that are seemingly 100' in the air?

People on here will give countless reasons, but until B&M comes out and explicitly states why, nobody will ever know.

I'm not going to lie, when B&M does this absurd final brake run shit, it looks like absolute garbage. There's no practical reason for a 100 foot tall brake run that's 1000 feet long when you have plenty of open space underneath, surrounding the ride, and enough train speed to make the overall ride experience that much better for another 10-15 seconds. It's a literal waste of track and space.

Orion is not getting me out to Kings Island next year. I'm so fed up with cookie cutter B&M infiltrating the US/North American market with lackluster coasters when spectacular rides like DC Rivals & Helix by Mack or Taron by Intamin produce much better roller coaster experiences you can't find anywhere else.

I really wish they'd stop buying these B&M coasters and have some balls to go for the good stuff.

Orion is not getting me out to Kings Island next year. I'm so fed up with cookie cutter B&M infiltrating the US/North American market with lackluster coasters when spectacular rides like DC Rivals & Helix by Mack or Taron by Intamin produce much better roller coaster experiences you can't find anywhere else.

I really wish they'd stop buying these B&M coasters and have some balls to go for the good stuff.

You're acting like the park owes you something.

Apart from the weird brake run (as usual with these), Orion looks pretty great. Also, one of "B&M's lackluster coasters" placed 13th overall in the TPR coaster poll last year, higher than DC Rivals (15th), Helix (17th), AND Taron (22nd).