TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Though I doubt it means anything more than trying to boost social media involvement, the park has also been doing these polls in advance of National Rollercoaster Day this friday. There are absolutely no hints anywhere for the park - as there typically aren't but I wonder if there is any reason otherwise to do these little polls

Keep in mind, I'm rooting for a 2020 coaster re-theme, so if that does end up being the 'new for 2020' goodness, I would not be disappointed in the slightest

I used to work at Darien 08-10 opening crew for motocoaster, I even met someone from Zamperla I believe his name was Anthony if I remember correctly, from what I remember that we were told by the upper management is that it was only going to be there until the license with OCC ended.

^ well... that ended like 2 years after the ride opened so I guess that changed.

EDIT: "The coaster was originally named the Orange County Choppers Motocoaster (OCC Motocoaster) when it first opened in 2008. However, the name was changed to the Moto Coaster in 2010 after the naming rights with Orange County Choppers expired."

The only 2 instances that still exist of OCC branding are the ride sign near Beaver Brothers and the logo on the side of the station. They even put some "funky" word art on the map for a year or two in place of the logo they used in 2008.

At this point it is known only as the Motocoaster. Now that it has been on site for 11 years, I'm not sure what changed (aside from management), but its obvious that it was something major enough that the ride found a semi-permanent home at the park for way longer than anticipated.

I know now that its just motocoaster I still go to the park since I'm a member, I think it had something to do with the skyloop that fell thru at magic springs that was supposed to go to elitch gardens, and I also believe that parc got in over there heads

Hi! I'm matt and I have grown up going to Darien Lake every year since I was born. I have been following this forum off and on for a while now and finally decided to jump in myself today. I was wondering, does anyone know if UFO is still in storage by that barn and silo thing on property or did they scrap it?

Hi Matt. Welcome to the group.

^ with the fact that Darien Lake has almost never teased anything new ever... I wouldn’t expect them to do it this time around either.

It was already established that the message about the new ride was used for other parks in the chain like Great Escape - but I haven’t seen anything from them either (and I don’t think I ever have to be fair).

Whatever’s coming will be very likely a surprise to most of us, but I highly doubt it will shock any of us.

There are early ride times on 2 or 3 attractions every morning (weather permitting) for members AND resort guests a half hour before the park opens (10:00am ERT, 10:30am rope drop) there also appears to be some ERT for members this Friday and Saturday to celebrate National Rollercoaster Day after the park closes. When that actually is, I’m not sure. One source (email) says 10:00-11:00, the other (website) says 9:30-10:00.

This is probably not accurate anyways, but I thought I may as well put this screenshot here to generate some discussion. What do you all think of this?

Well, as you can tell, I tried getting some info out of him lol. Was worth a shot

But either way, wnycoasters has replied to instagram posts of DL with info and stating he has connections as well. Who knows, maybe he’s actually legit. Would be nice if we’re actually getting something big in coming years.

The ME train(s) was actually my guess for the small addition earlier because I had heard that the ME trains were at the end of their service life. So my official prediction is a water coaster and new ME trains (SFNE style restraints)/paint/retheme.

This is probably not accurate anyways, but I thought I may as well put this screenshot here to generate some discussion. What do you all think of this?

Well, as you can tell, I tried getting some info out of him lol. Was worth a shot

But either way, wnycoasters has replied to instagram posts of DL with info and stating he has connections as well. Who knows, maybe he’s actually legit. Would be nice if we’re actually getting something big in coming years.

I doubt it, the kid might not even be out of puberty.

The ME train(s) was actually my guess for the small addition earlier because I had heard that the ME trains were at the end of their service life. So my official prediction is a water coaster and new ME trains (SFNE style restraints)/paint/retheme.

Maybe even a small water slide or splash pad, then you can factor in money for new trains and paint for ME AND RoS, as well as a return of Superman. That would be an amazing step towards getting the park back up to the SF standard.

And honestly ME isn’t even rideable anymore, it’s gotten TERRIBLE this year. New vest restraints might be the way of saving the thing. Even last Sunday when the park was flat out PACKED and everything had a crazy long line, ME was a walk-on, in years past it would still be at least in all the station switchbacks in days like that. Shows that even gp are realizing truly how bad it has somehow gotten this year, not to mention that disaster of a train that they are running this year.

Big is a matter of opinion. And I feel alot of theme parks have a 3 year plan to add something big, but then other suprise expenses come up, and they can't do it anymore. I'll believe a large attraction is coming, when they say its coming in less then 1 year....