TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I am one that hope it doesn't get re-located. I love WT and love having no wait to ride it. Its a shame a decent coaster gets overlooked by so many.

Thing is it wouldn't get over looked at CGA, MIA, WOF ect

Well, Be-Bop Blvd at Michigan's Adventure just had its last ride. Trying to picture the space, but I wonder if it could fit there?

Don't even get us Michiganders thinking about such a glorious thing! 2020's addition there is going to be a Camp Snoopy kids area (if we're lucky), and that's all we should be thinking about!

Wicked Twister is one of my all time favorite rides. It’s miles better than the other Intamin impulses just for the double twisted spike. I’ve been waiting for years now to see it relocated to WoF seeing as Dorney and Valleyfair, the next two closest-sized parks in the chain, got Impulse coasters years ago and it would fill the launch coaster void at the park. If it goes to WoF, I’d be ecstatic.

However, it’s probably more likely to end up at CGA, especially since the 20 year plan highlights an impulse coming.

It’s a really under-appreciated ride that feels odd at Cedar Point, but at a regional park it’d be fantastic.

Doesn’t the “Wicked Twister is getting removed this year” rumor come up.... Basically every year around this time? And of course.... the rumor turns out to always be.... just a rumor.

Why would this year be any different?

That's true, but that was a pretty big project that a lot of people had been waiting for. I can already see the announcement. "Come get your last TWIST ( ) on Wicked Twister!" I'm 50% on this happening and I definitely won't fully commit to this long standing rumor.

If it were to be replaced I think whatever CP has in store would be to open that area up and expose visitors to a beach view.

I always thought this was a stupid rumor since the ride doesn't really take up any space but the ride is expensive to run and unpopular enough that it now opens an hour after the rest of the park (and 2 hours after the early entry rides) despite being in the front of the park. It also looks like hell and Cedar Fair rarely lets rides get to that state of ugliness.

I definitely won't fully commit to this either though. Removing it would free up a tiny plot of land (even with the new expansion pad nearby). Honestly I don't know what you could even put there. They could remove it as a straight budget cut but I wouldn't really expect them to do that.

I always thought this was a stupid rumor since the ride doesn't really take up any space but the ride is expensive to run and unpopular enough that it now opens an hour after the rest of the park (and 2 hours after the early entry rides) despite being in the front of the park. It also looks like hell and Cedar Fair rarely lets rides get to that state of ugliness.

VF has been opening (and now closing 2 hours before close) Excalibur for years like this. I know....two different worlds. It does give bad optics though when you see it happen at the flagship park of the chain.

I definitely won't fully commit to this either though. Removing it would free up a tiny plot of land (even with the new expansion pad nearby). Honestly I don't know what you could even put there. They could remove it as a straight budget cut but I wouldn't really expect them to do that.

I don't put any real stock in this rumor either, but could a S&S 4D Free Spin fit in that foot print?

Hoping a GG family woodie right there along the beach. Preferably with A SHED for 3 train ops.

Removing it could open a lot of space for a huge Planet Snoopy/Kiddy Kingdom expansion. Even a nice B&M family invert, enlarged to handle 2 train op would be nice.

Lots of options.

I always make sure to ride WT at least once a visit, and I feel many others do as well.

Its just that its never the first thing to go to in the morning,for obvious reasons, and certainly not the go to end-of-night ride either...for the same reasons.

That having said, it would of course be more appreciated at CGA, or MiA, WoF. And a park that gets it could (if they really wanted to) dub it as the world's tallest*, fastest, invert*.

^I know that used to be the case, and I used to always go during that time for years. However, I've noticed it's getting busier during even those weeks in recent years. So while I imagine crowds will be less than they are this week still, they're not going to be as "dead" as "dead week" used to be known for. At least, I wouldn't expect that, and then be pleasantly surprised if they are.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/150th-anniversary

Cedar Point 150th Anniversary

The Fun Is Just Beginning

The biggest celebration in Cedar Point’s history is about to take place as we celebrate our 150th anniversary during the entire 2020 season – and you’re cordially invited to the party.

In the coming months, we’ll reveal additional surprises leading up to our opening day in May.

But there are a few new tidbits we can share, all coming in 2020:

•A new nighttime celebration will take place along the Main Midway

•New (and throwback) food items are coming to tempt your taste buds

•Nostalgic merchandise and souvenirs will give a nod to the park’s historic past

•A reimagined Town Hall, complete with a more detailed look at Cedar Point history, will be waiting for you

•A river expedition for the entire family is set to launch into our waters

More details on the above additions AND even more new surprises are coming soon.

Sounds like Paddlewheel is returning!