Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 156: Mike Spanos to become President & CEO of Six Flags
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:48 am

https://sixflags.com/presale
August 29 is the biggest day of the year for Six Flags! We announce our incredible new rides for 2020 AND we have biggest sale of the year. This year, we're doing something a little different...

On August 14 we're having a special PRE-SALE for our Season Pass holders. Take advantage of our Flash Sale pricing on 2020 Season Passes before everyone else! Check back here on August 14 to see our incredible offers. You'll still need to wait until August 29 to find out what thrilling attractions we're adding in 2020 though!

Well this is interesting and unexpected. As long as I can continue to buy a season pass I’m happy. Also just as some of you were predicting SFMM 2020 attraction is getting announced before WCR opens.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:24 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
bert425 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Let's be reasonable. Disney doesn't start making your food until you check in either. Neither do McDonald's, Sonic, or anyone else. There was always zero chance Six Flags would make your food before you check in.

as I noted, I'm absolutely willing to give it a chance once it goes live and we see how they plan it to actually work, so open minded about it now.

but I'd think if you pay when you order? then your food would be ready when you walk in.
(one of the questions on the survey I took was basically, "when would you be willing to pay for the food" -- and the options were like: when you order, before you arrive. when you arrive at the restaurant. when you get your food).

so they might be considering the options.

but again, open minded and willing to give it a chance :)

I get that. I just don't expect them to innovate at all. Right now all the fast food apps have you prepay then check in when you arrive, and Disney has followed suit. It's a model that works, and it's a relatively small percentage of customers. Six Flags will want to tap into this but not rock the boat. It's their MO.

Yeah, its annoying to have to check in, but to me, a big appeal to the online ordering is knowing that my order is being communicated as clearly and efficiently as possible. It makes zero sense to verbally tell somebody what it is, only for them to punch in the order when I could have just punched it in the way I wanted it. And I can also check-in while approaching so that saves some time.

There are still some kinks to work out. I've seen some fast foods where they haven't exactly gotten the priority level right, and I've seen at a Chipotle where I walked in with my order submitted past the come-by time, and somebody who got in the stand-by line after me got his burrito before me. They need to do what they can to give food past the comeback time absolute priority over the stand-by line. I don't think check-ins are necessary at all really. Just give people comeback times based on how many orders are submitted and how long you expect the stand-by line to be and add a bit of a buffer too.

Ideally, newly designed stores should have space for the assembly row where the stand-by line people ask for their orders in person, and a station in the back where employees are dedicated to making call in and catering orders.

I absolutely think that online ordering should overtake stand-by lines for theme parks, movie theaters, sports stadiums etc. If not through a phone, then through touch screens.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby cparkes92 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:32 am

9Armgeddon4 wrote:https://sixflags.com/presale
August 29 is the biggest day of the year for Six Flags! We announce our incredible new rides for 2020 AND we have biggest sale of the year. This year, we're doing something a little different...

On August 14 we're having a special PRE-SALE for our Season Pass holders. Take advantage of our Flash Sale pricing on 2020 Season Passes before everyone else! Check back here on August 14 to see our incredible offers. You'll still need to wait until August 29 to find out what thrilling attractions we're adding in 2020 though!

Well this is interesting and unexpected. As long as I can continue to buy a season pass I’m happy. Also just as some of you were predicting SFMM 2020 attraction is getting announced before WCR opens.

I hope Six Flags doesn't have as many problems opening their 2020 rides as they have been opening their 2019 rides. I also wouldn't be surprised if SFMM promotes West Coast Racers as their 2020 ride along with something minor, such as a waterpark expansion.
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ewrawr » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:05 pm

9Armgeddon4 wrote:https://sixflags.com/presale

The presale site says you’ll need a password provided in the August 14th pass holder announcements email, I’ve received that email from 3 different parks and none of them mention the password. They only talk about the official start of the flash sale on the 26th and the ride announcements on the 29th. I was ready to buy my passes today lol.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ALT2870 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:30 pm

Ewrawr wrote:The presale site says you’ll need a password provided in the August 14th pass holder announcements email, I’ve received that email from 3 different parks and none of them mention the password. They only talk about the official start of the flash sale on the 26th and the ride announcements on the 29th. I was ready to buy my passes today lol.

Interesting, I hadn't received an email yet. (Over Texas)

Did you receive an email from the park you bought your pass from?

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:33 pm

Yeah I haven’t received the email yet either.

Postby ALT2870 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Just got the email with the password, so it is working.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby RaceBoarder » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:41 pm

I'm curious to see what perks they stripped away from the passes. Specifically if a season pass will become usable at just a single park.

Postby ALT2870 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:55 pm

RaceBoarder wrote:I'm curious to see what perks they stripped away from the passes. Specifically if a season pass will become usable at just a single park.

Um nothing? I'm not sure why this rumor of stripped down to them just getting rid of passes is still out there.

In fact they added some extra perks to the passes this year.

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Alright I finally got the email but it was in my promotions so I wasn’t notified about it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!