TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Here's a little bit of information/rumors about Fright Fest 2019 for those of you that are interested:

1. Blackout is gone, and it is rumored that there will be an all-new haunted house in a different location. The Slaughter House, Blind Fury, and Night Terrors will all return. Camp Killamore will also return, but it is rumored to be moved to the east of the park in the former location of the hayride instead of in Hurricane Harbor. The reason for this is unknown.

2. The Blood Bank Vampire Bar will be moved inside of Miss Kitty's Saloon this year, and the area in front of Miss Kitty's will become an all-new vampire zone like the one in Britannia last year. No word yet of any other new or returning scare zones, but it is assumed that all from 2018 will return.

3. Love at First Fright and Dead Man's Party are both back, as expected. Not sure if The Dead Beats will also be back, but it's safe to say it probably will be.

I don't see the park putting in effort to retheme an area unless it's DC related. Not sure why they'd feel the need to create another DC area though.

Lack of a cohesive DC area maybe. Right now it’s just random DC themed rides spread out, other than Freeze and JL with the DC circle.

That's what makes it weird for me. To have half the park (Britannia/DC circle) have a DC theme even though Batman, Joker, and Superman, DC's most famous characters, are in other areas. Of course, it's Six Flags, so I wouldn't be shocked at all if it happens.

^ What specifically about SuperGirl prevents them from making this a ScreamPunk district?

Re-themeing a one year old ride for one thing.

Okay.... so in your head there are Six Flags executives, who you will remember work for Six Flags, who are going to say "Aw man, we would re-theme this area into our super popular Screampunk District that has made us tons of money, but gee golly gosh darnit, we just put in that Supergirl ride based on that DC theming that also makes us tons of money. Welp, guess that plan's off them."

Seeing people whine in the King's Island thread that their park's newly announced gigacoaster isn't unique enough makes me want to punch through my hat.

Meanwhile I'm sitting over here ready to talk myself into the tilt-o-whirl we are about to receive.

Seeing people whine in the King's Island thread that their park's newly announced gigacoaster isn't unique enough makes me want to punch through my hat.

Meanwhile I'm sitting over here ready to talk myself into the tilt-o-whirl we are about to receive.

OMG this!

So freaking true...

A Tilt-O-Whirl?!!!! Man, you guys get all the big attractions up there at St. Louis.

I’d love to talk the near future. But I won’t. And I only know so much. I’m not in finance or something where I see the longer term plans.

It's always true: those who don't know, talk. Those who know, don't talk.

It's nice that they're giving Supergirl some presence at the parks. She's always been my favorite.

Yeah and at least in this park the ride is very popular. People do enjoy it a lot and that whole side of the park is always busy. It’s been a very good addition.

for the love of G-d tho. . PLEASE tell Mgmt to refurb the Carousel.

it's embarrassing they've let it get that bad. I was horrified during our 1st visit (ever) to the park in June.

and if Supergirl is drawing that many people to that area? THIS is the representation of SFStL that folks like me (1st time visitors) are coming away with.

IMG_7561.thumb.JPG.96358dde8c3a97564ff474a3e2f382a5.JPG