Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1814 - Orion Giga Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: KarlaKoaster and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:10 am

So I haven't had the chance to post yet but figured why not, even though we're only one day away from the announcement.

DILinator and I were talking about how KI (and CF in general) has a history of introducing record-breaking coasters and that most large coaster investments either break a record or have a "first of its kind" feature. We don't believe KI would add such a huge investment that couldn't be flaunted as a record-breaker or first-of-its-kind. If we all pretty much agree now that it's not going to break Fury's height record or length record, then there must be something else about it that is unique. "The end of the world as we know it" meaning there's going to be something that's never been done before.

I finally got to go see the posters for myself a few days ago and noticed something interesting. All of the posters talk about "Test purpose" and all of the "tests" could be applied to a Giga except for a few notable exceptions. Looking to the posters, there are a few possibilities that stand out. I'll post them all and what they say and see what you think.

I'll start with the posters that I think are pretty neutral/self-explanatory to forces experienced on a giga with talks about gravity and speed
IMG_3366.jpeg
Rotor: Centrifugal effects, gravity
IMG_3368.jpeg
Zodiac: Centrifugal/Radial G Results, Imperative Mech. Tech, Advancement Testing for future initiatives
IMG_3370.jpeg
Shooting Star: Extreme Speed, Forced Gravity, Rapid Directional Changes
IMG_3371.jpeg
Skylab: Effects of Gravitational Pull

Here are some of the interesting ones:
IMG_3367.jpeg
FoF: Roswell tech testing, Sensory deprivation
Could be a further hint to the theming, and possibly a hint that there is a tunnel.

IMG_3369.jpeg
Bayern Kurve: High Levels of Acceleration, Gravitational Pull
"High levels of acceleration." Possibly a launch? Or maybe just meaning the coaster goes fast.

IMG_3372.jpeg
Invertigo: Rapid Forward/Backward Motion, Effects of extreme gravitational pull
Could be another hint about a launch? Or just another red herring.

IMG_3365.jpeg
Vortex: Inversion effects of subjects
Vortex was the one that first made me question whether there was more to these posters. DILinator said his son brought up the idea of this being the first Giga with an inversion, and I think that's pretty credible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we wouldn't necessarily be able to tell from the blueprints we saw if there was an inversion snuck in there.

IMG_3373.jpeg
Firehawk: Multi-inversions, FTL/LTF, Evasive Maneuvering
Another mention of inversions, but could be a red herring with the FTL/LTF thing.

Thoughts?
(I realize many of you are just going to say "wait to find out tomorrow" but I don't see any harm in making some excited guesses).

Last but not least, some photos unrelated to Project X that I took and I liked.
F3E1117D-1864-41EE-92AE-37F1200FCFCA.jpeg
First time using Apple Pay and it really paid off!
IMG_3356.jpeg
Love me some DBack

A0EB14E2-DCCC-4E11-A122-4BDB85D1CCF6.jpeg
KI is a stunning park
BBBBC912-5F02-4A91-AC55-B5809148B77D.jpeg
I don't think I've ever seen this fireworks show not in line for Beast night rides
IMG_3399.jpeg
I love what they've done to International Street!
IMG_3402.jpeg
It really comes alive at night

Thanks for reading! DILinator and his kids and I will be there tomorrow so say hi if you see us!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 am

Giga with an inversion?

Hmm . . . perhaps they'll go for a world's record of tallest vertical loop :)

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby southpuddle » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:42 am

This is B&M we’re talking about guys. If you think they’re going to pull some wild and crazy tricks out of their sleeves for this giga - inversions, launches... then you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:47 am

southpuddle wrote:This is B&M we’re talking about guys. If you think they’re going to pull some wild and crazy tricks out of their sleeves for this giga - inversions, launches... then you're going to be sorely disappointed.

But we can dream right?! :lmao:
Bigger is not always better.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 am

First of its kind? Then it's gotta be with a drop taller than the lift/heighest point for sure.

It's a lame 'first of' but I think it makes sense.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:06 am

After about a year of basically no hardcore speculation on here I really appreciate the work and thought you guys have put into breaking this thing down. I for one can’t wait until tomorrow! I’ll be at the park as well; I’ll look out for you guys!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Kylis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Polaris 330 :P

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Kings Island is such a fun park. Love what they're doing with the run up to this new ride. Have fun tomorrow!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:54 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:First of its kind? Then it's gotta be with a drop taller than the lift/heighest point for sure.

It's a lame 'first of' but I think it makes sense.

Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood says hi.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:32 pm

Really excited for another giga...this will be a great fit for KI. Hope to be able to go check it out next year!

Zach - great report, but sorry to hear that you didn't get that front seat night ride on Beast.

I cracked up about the woman losing her shoes on DB tho...LOL!!
Last edited by Philrad71 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:48 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!