Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby RollerColester » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:41 am

I think it'd be cool for the park to get a Zamperla Endeavour to ease the people that still complain the Enterprise left. Valleyfair recently has got flat rides that do not follow the Cedar Fair norm (North Star: Funtime Star Flyer & Delirious: Larson Loop). Plus the lighting package on the Endeavour seems up to Cedar Fair standards that they like on newer rides. Would look great in Riptide's old spot and bring some life to that midway.

I'm looking forward to the Facebook comments on Thursday when the announcement is not a roller coaster!
Valleyfair realist since 2001

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mnreggie » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:55 am

As much as I don't enjoy spinning rides and wish that would be a new RMC raptor station - the Endeavor would be a really great fit for that spot, that side of the park has long since been a dead spot. With the front of the park seeing new additions, I think the Endeavor with a fun lighting package is pretty reasonable as well.

*sighs and looks at photos of B&M inverts*

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:10 am

CoasterNerd87 wrote:
RCjunkie wrote:We should find out within the next 45 days if VF is getting any new attractions for 2020.

Kings Island and Kings Dominion both have announcements Thursday. I would venture to guess that Cedar Fair will do all announcements then.

Could be a coincidence as California's Great America has already made their announcement.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Postby RollerColester » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:47 am

jarmor wrote:Could be a coincidence as California's Great America has already made their announcement.

California is just so much more progressive and hip than the rest of us, so they needed to feel important and get their news out ahead of everyone else.. :butt:

If all we are receiving is infrastructure improvements, I wouldn't look for an announcement at all. Avoid the backlash like Worlds of Fun last year when all they announced was a new restaurant.

I looked up the cost of a wetland credit and they are somewhere in the ballpark of $18,000-$82,000/credit depending on what service area they are in. In Valleyfair's approval with the city they needed to purchase just over 9 credits to replace the 4.5 they were going to build on. So that $162,000-$738,000 cost could be part of the 2019 or 2020 improvement budget to help spread out the cost of that project in the future..

Compared to the cost of flats like Xtreme Swing and Riptide, which I believe were in the $4-$6 million dollar range, recent additions like North Star, Delirious, and Flying Eagles are all reported cost effective and under $1 million each, if not half of that (North Star's construction permit was for $300,000). 2020 would be 5 straight years with minimal investment dollars spent, so the park should be due for a major project like the water park expansion.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:35 am

Those 3 last rides were solid additions. A healthy mix of flats is a good thing. Valleyfair has a very solid flat collection.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Bzurn » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:15 pm

I hope we get a new addition in 2020.
I would be happy with anything honestly even if it’s a new show.
I’ve read some things where people said there’s land clearing at the park near Dino’s and in one of wild things helixes. Is this true?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Lightning Rod » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:39 pm

I did a walk through the Dino area there hasn't been any signs of land clearing in that area no signs of any type of construction going on as of yet unless something has changed.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Bzurn » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:41 pm

^^ good to know.
Really excited to hear about what 2020 is gonna bring us.
Hopefully something new is coming to the park next year!
Any final predictions?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby garyman6 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:59 am

I was there last Thursday and noticed a small circular form for concrete being constructed in the middle of wild things turn around. My guess is it's just a pad to set a Haunt decoration on!

Postby RollerColester » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:46 am

Bzurn wrote:Any final predictions?

For 2017, we had an "teaser" that Enterprise was leaving, then North Star was announced. For 2018, they tweeted a close up shot of a blueprint before announcing Delirious. 2019 there were no teasers. This year for 2020, no teasers so far. So I'd put money on nothing of significance!

For fun, I guess I'll go Zamperla Endeavour in Riptide's old location!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!