Photo TR: Ocean City, Maryland Parks 2019

A Mixed Bag of Fun!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Ocean City, Maryland Parks 2019

Postby jynx242 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:52 am

Awesome report! Thanks for sharing this. They all look like cute little family parks.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby CenturyFlyer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Nrthwnd, I signed up for email notifications for this post, so I did see your original comment. The Haunted Mansion uses a suspended track system, which I certainly should've said in the original post. I've edited it accordingly.

And that bench does look a lot like something you could find at Knott's!
There is only one true Blue Streak!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Taylor Finn » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Great sets of pictures. LOVE Rehoboth and Funland. Such a good place to walk around. We usually buy the 100 tickets for $30 (was $25 a few years back, if you can believe that) and just use em leisurely over the course of a few nights at the boardwalk. It is wild that the kiddie rides are all 3 tickets or less (less than $1). It feels nice to not feel swindled, for once.

The fact that the Midway Games are $1 is another huge win. It just makes for such a lively atmosphere when people are actually playing the games. And the skee ball is a quarter and you win stuffed animals not tickets. I am stoked to be heading back there next summer for the first time in what seems like forever.

Thrashers Fries and Fischer's Popcorn are also legendary (and pricey).

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:07 pm

CenturyFlyer wrote:Nrthwnd, I signed up for email notifications for this post, so I did see your original comment. The Haunted Mansion uses a suspended track system, which I certainly should've said in the original post. I've edited it accordingly.

And that bench does look a lot like something you could find at Knott's!

Huh. I didn't really see that overhead track, until you just told me, lol. My eyes are getting bad, I guess. Thanks for the info.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:43 pm

Great report! I happen to be heading to Ocean City this weekend and I was curious about what rides and coasters I'd see out there so this is a great recap.

I'm more of a beach guy and have 0 nostalgia tied to this place so although the Flitzer looks tempting I doubt I'll go out of my way for any of these little parks.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!