TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Valleyfair recently announced two new scare zones

Blood on the Boundary Waters:

Wander through the five decaying late 1800’s cabins at the boundary waters… if you dare! Each cabin speaks of dark secrets and horrible deeds performed by a unique homeowner who will be waiting anxiously for your arrival. Choose the cabin of the lumberjack, who has fallen under the spell of a demon, and discover dank and mysterious smells as they infiltrate your nostrils, and sharp blades and saws threaten you at every turn, covered in, what appears to be, fresh blood. Or enter the cabin belonging to the taxidermist who no longer limits his kills to that of beavers, squirrels, and foxes. His tastes for prey have gotten larger and more profitable. Better watch your back - those who venture too close to these cabins have heard their ghostly footsteps!

The second scare zone is called "Darkness Awaits" and is just described as "Darkness Awaits – enter at your own risk…"

I think it'd be cool for the park to get a Zamperla Endeavour to ease the people that still complain the Enterprise left. Valleyfair recently has got flat rides that do not follow the Cedar Fair norm (North Star: Funtime Star Flyer & Delirious: Larson Loop). Plus the lighting package on the Endeavour seems up to Cedar Fair standards that they like on newer rides. Would look great in Riptide's old spot and bring some life to that midway.

I'm looking forward to the Facebook comments on Thursday when the announcement is not a roller coaster!

As much as I don't enjoy spinning rides and wish that would be a new RMC raptor station - the Endeavor would be a really great fit for that spot, that side of the park has long since been a dead spot. With the front of the park seeing new additions, I think the Endeavor with a fun lighting package is pretty reasonable as well.

*sighs and looks at photos of B&M inverts*

We should find out within the next 45 days if VF is getting any new attractions for 2020.

Kings Island and Kings Dominion both have announcements Thursday. I would venture to guess that Cedar Fair will do all announcements then.

Could be a coincidence as California's Great America has already made their announcement.

Could be a coincidence as California's Great America has already made their announcement.

California is just so much more progressive and hip than the rest of us, so they needed to feel important and get their news out ahead of everyone else..

If all we are receiving is infrastructure improvements, I wouldn't look for an announcement at all. Avoid the backlash like Worlds of Fun last year when all they announced was a new restaurant.

I looked up the cost of a wetland credit and they are somewhere in the ballpark of $18,000-$82,000/credit depending on what service area they are in. In Valleyfair's approval with the city they needed to purchase just over 9 credits to replace the 4.5 they were going to build on. So that $162,000-$738,000 cost could be part of the 2019 or 2020 improvement budget to help spread out the cost of that project in the future..

Compared to the cost of flats like Xtreme Swing and Riptide, which I believe were in the $4-$6 million dollar range, recent additions like North Star, Delirious, and Flying Eagles are all reported cost effective and under $1 million each, if not half of that (North Star's construction permit was for $300,000). 2020 would be 5 straight years with minimal investment dollars spent, so the park should be due for a major project like the water park expansion.

I hope we get a new addition in 2020.

I would be happy with anything honestly even if it’s a new show.

I’ve read some things where people said there’s land clearing at the park near Dino’s and in one of wild things helixes. Is this true?

Any final predictions?

For 2017, we had an "teaser" that Enterprise was leaving, then North Star was announced. For 2018, they tweeted a close up shot of a blueprint before announcing Delirious. 2019 there were no teasers. This year for 2020, no teasers so far. So I'd put money on nothing of significance!

For fun, I guess I'll go Zamperla Endeavour in Riptide's old location!

Grand Carnivale it is.

Valleyfair has always been at the forefront of bringing AWESOME new traditions to Minnesota, but in 2020 we will top them all! On select days during the summer of 2020, Valleyfair guests can see, hear and experience how the world kicks up its heels at Grand Carnivale, a larger-than-life cultural celebration with something for everyone.

Immerse yourself in the electrifying vibe of our Spectacle of Color Parade, a prismatic procession that reflects joyous cultural traditions from around the globe. A fanciful fusion of extravagantly decorated floats, mesmerizing street performers and pulsing rhythms, this parade promises to enchant and delight — especially as the day slips into night and the sky radiates with a dazzling array of lights that takes on a life of its own.

https://www.valleyfair.com/play/events/grand-carnivale

B5B56A9F-311A-4F84-A49A-F5ABC931DB40.thumb.jpeg.7d575235e04d27ffe9e49e35e772bb60.jpeg

I'm not what one would call "shocked," but I am excited to experience the event and after sitting out on visiting the park this year, I will be going during Grand Carnivale. Social media will explode at no new ride, so start popping that corn now, boys!

Now what route will the parade take?

I'm not what one would call "shocked," but I am excited to experience the event and after sitting out on visiting the park this year, I will be going during Grand Carnivale. Social media will explode at no new ride, so start popping that corn now, boys!

Now what route will the parade take?

Literally one post later...

Haha. I can’t wait to see the parade when only like 5 people are watching. How silly! I would rather them just put the money towards a new ride, rather than waste it on this.

Don't you just love coaster enthusiasts? They're such a grateful bunch.

I'M SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!! (dripping with sarcasm) CANT WAIT TO USE MY REFRESHED SEASON PASS FOR 2020 TO SEE A PARADE!!! (dripping with sarcasm) ESPECIALLY SINCE THE PARK CLOSES AT 9 PM MOST NIGHTS NEGATING THE FLASHY NEW LIGHTS!!! (Yes, you can see the sarcasm) And Yes, I'm one of those enthusiasts who are clearly and completely disappointed. I mean that whole thing can't be over $500,000. The only saving grace I have in this is the hope that once again they are saving up to finally take advantage of the permit to extend the berm in the back of the park. They may even announce something more in the coming weeks but then again this is Valleyfair.