Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Postby richwoodrocket » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:46 pm

southpuddle wrote:I just can’t imagine going back, over and over, to a park that infuriates me so badly.

Unless you want to leave the country, or the state, Darien Lake is the best option here in Western New York.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm

I'm trying to make my first trip there in forever (1999) and do they have early ride times for Members? Also any suggestions of how to stay ahead of the crowd. And good places to eat.
Last edited by John Peck on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:46 am.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:15 pm

John Peck wrote:I'm trying to make my first trip there in forever (1999) and do they have early ride times for Members? Also any suggestions of how to sty ahead of the crowd. And good places to eat.

During the week you shouldnt have a problem with lines.

Food... leave the park and drive to John & Mary's on Broadway. Get a chicken finger sub.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:44 pm

rjr19 wrote:Besides the super cheap, smallest Eurofighter available and a super loop, they did NOTHING for the park.

What... the heck?! Tantrum was an amazing addition for Six Flags Darien Lake! I typically ride that at least 3 times (most likely more) whenever I go there. It is the best ride added to the park since Ride of Steel 19 years before it. A solid small thrill coaster for the kind of medium scale amusement park it fits great at (such as SFDL), and you're still here expecting more?! You know what? Everyone saying this thread has gone crazy is right.

Here, this is the new anthem of the TPR SFDL thread, for all the people thinking that SFDL has to paint their coasters better than Cedar Point (and the people saying Tantrum was a bad addition.... :p )

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:23 am

Philrad71 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
southpuddle wrote:I just can’t imagine going back, over and over, to a park that infuriates me so badly.

I agree. It's so much more fun to keep going back over and over to a thread that makes me question the viability of humanity.

Makes me feel good about moving from Western NY to KC, I guess...

Yeah, people have complained about WoF not receiving a premier attraction since 2014...

BUT...5 years as opposed to a Eurofighter and a Skyscreamer in two years & people still endlessly complain in this thread about everything that the park does - regardless of ownership? I don't get it.

I think it's that shitty Western NY weather eating their brains...GET OUT NOW, PEOPLE!!! LOL

Yeah, some people complain about anything. I'm not sure why. Much more fun to accept it, set expectations accordingly, and go enjoy yourself.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby pryonisys » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:43 am

John Peck wrote:I'm trying to make my first trip there in forever (1999) and do they have early ride times for Members? Also any suggestions of how to stay ahead of the crowd. And good places to eat.

I haven't eaten there yet, but it's kind of interesting that they have an Anchor Bar (I'm sure it's overpriced and nothing like the original, but) the original is the home of Buffalo Wings.
Most food is standard fried amusement park food, I don't usually get food in a park but I've gotten chicken fingers the past few times I've been there because I got the meal pass this year.

You should be fine in terms of crowds if you're there on a day that isn't a concert day, just make sure that if you desire to ride Mind Eraser be prepared to take a bit of a break for the sake of your brain and neck after.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby SbSteveZ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:09 am

John Peck wrote:I'm trying to make my first trip there in forever (1999) and do they have early ride times for Members? Also any suggestions of how to stay ahead of the crowd. And good places to eat.

Beaver Brother’s Lakeside Cafe, as well as Maria’s Italian Kitchen are the two sit down locations at the park and both are pretty good - and accept the discount (just not for the breakfast buffet at BBLC)

Tres Hombres has a fairly nice sized Walking Taco / Taco in a Bag that I had and would totally recommend. Plus, if you get food at the Boardwalk they give you a metric Sh*tton of fries, the food there isn’t spectacular but the serving isn’t all too chinsy either, plus with the membership discount, especially if you’re Diamond Elite, really does help make it worth it to eat in-park
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby pryonisys » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:12 am

SbSteveZ wrote:

Beaver Brother’s Lakeside Cafe, as well as Maria’s Italian Kitchen are the two sit down locations at the park and both are pretty good - and accept the discount (just not for the breakfast buffet at BBLC)

I've heard those are good also (I just haven't been to them personally).

Postby Haymaker » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:13 am

TheAmericanKnight wrote:You know what? Everyone saying this thread has gone crazy is right.

Here, this is the new anthem of the TPR SFDL thread, for all the people thinking that SFDL has to paint their coasters better than Cedar Point (and the people saying Tantrum was a bad addition.... :p )

Arent you the guy that did the math on how much it would cost to paint ROS by going to Sherwin Williams?

Postby rjr19 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 am

TheAmericanKnight wrote:
rjr19 wrote:Besides the super cheap, smallest Eurofighter available and a super loop, they did NOTHING for the park.

What... the heck?! Tantrum was an amazing addition for Six Flags Darien Lake! I typically ride that at least 3 times (most likely more) whenever I go there. It is the best ride added to the park since Ride of Steel 19 years before it. A solid small thrill coaster for the kind of medium scale amusement park it fits great at (such as SFDL), and you're still here expecting more?! You know what? Everyone saying this thread has gone crazy is right.

I’m not saying Tantrum was a bad addition by any means. I’m saying for the type of park they are, they really could’ve spend a little more. Tantrum’s layout was designed to fit tightly on a pier. We are a 7-coaster park with a huge plot of land left from Thunder Rapids to build on. They could’ve gotten a little bigger of a model. And let’s not forget the hilariously cheap station/queue for it. Like they really couldn’t slap some paint over the wood to stop people from writing on it?
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!