TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I feel like it’s definitely going to go by Congo Rapids, since that’s where the only movement/markings have been seen. Also they apparently use that open space by Toro for maintenance access from what I’ve read. In terms of roller coasters, RMC did say that due to high demand they will be producing custom raptors, and that could be an easy way to claim a record if they go the roller coaster route (tallest/fastest single rail, and it could be something like 150ft Max). I feel that that’s a best case scenario kind of thing though...

I'm in the boat that keeping Rolling Thunder around, even in it's crappy state, still would have been a better solution than tearing it out to leave a gigantic hole in the park and not replacing it with anything.

We got a real snazzy path to our world record drop ride in Guam.

I'm in the boat that keeping Rolling Thunder around, even in it's crappy state, still would have been a better solution than tearing it out to leave a gigantic hole in the park and not replacing it with anything.

I love the way you put that, but it could've just as well been made with Rolling Thunder still there ....

Thanks for the update on the Old Country area! As I mentioned, I haven't been since 2017, and that area was still closed off. It's awesome that they've opened it up since they added Cyborg! Maybe they'll even expand a few more small things along that trail, though admittedly, there isn't a ton of room there now.

As for the Northern Star Arena, I stand corrected, as it doesn't appear as run down as my (apparently faulty) memory recalls it. I just remember feeling like that area around it seemed rather abandoned the last two times I went to the park, but perhaps I was inserting the image of the Movietown arena in there instead... Who knows... Bottom line is though, I was wrong about the Northern Star arena, and clearly it is unlikely to go anywhere anytime soon!

I mean, I get keeping your expectations low guys, but coaster enthusiasts participate in a lot of "memes" about certain things in the industry, and many times, eventually those memes are proven wrong. There is no reason to think a park of GAdv's caliber will never get a coaster addition larger than Joker again. Maybe next year will be the year, maybe it won't be. But at some point, they will get another larger (relatively speaking) coaster, it's only a matter of time. It's not a big deal to me one way or the other, and I certainly have no expectations for this announcement to be anything but much ado about nothing. But I just figured I'd point this out, since it seems some people are too quick to be dismissive about certain coaster topics (such as this one), when logic and reason bears out that the joke will eventually be on them, and not the people eagerly hoping for another large coaster at GAdv, as it usually is.

If GreatAdv adds any roller coaster at all for 2020 I'll happily videotape myself eating my foot in slow-mo and post it for all you nerds to j/o to.

Quoting this for posterity! My only question is whether you're allowed to put mustard and ketchup on it, or you have to eat it without any condiments!

(FWIW - I'm not saying for sure there WILL be a coaster added in 2020, but it makes complete sense that one is going to come to this park before long, and if one isn't added in the next few years, I will eat MY foot! )

I audibly LOL'd!

It'd be really cool if GAdv were to build an East Coast Racers. They could start construction next June and it would still open before Magic Mountain's.

I do hope whatever comes goes into Rolling Thunder's spot, though.

I don't. Six Flags, if you're reading this please ignore this man and put every new addition between the boardwalk and Nitro and nothing in Golden Kingdom or Frontier Adventures ever again please and thank you (unless it sucks or it's a power splash that won't run in the cold anyway, then put it wherever).

Currently at the park. We decided to do a Hurricane Harbor day, park was dead, of course just as we’re about to swim, weather ruined that. I gave up and as I was changing they reopened everything. Already changed I decided to head over to the dry park.

Went straight to Nitro, got on with no line. Did Batman quickly too, no line as well. Skies opened up with a mini thunderstorm, so during the brief periods of the rain slowing down, I would dart from food place to food place making my way to Macho Nacho by El Toro. Once there it was done waiting, finally I heard the all clear I got to do Toro 7x without leaving my seat. My friends finally met up with me, we did Runaway Mine Train, then booked it over to Wonder Woman. Got on Wonder Woman just as the skies opened up and holy crap, coolest ride experience ever. The rain stopped in time at the height of the swings and you fell with it. At this point we ran to Granny’s because the sky really opened up and now we’re currently inside as lightning is going crazy outside. Surprised they haven’t shut the park down yet but we’re leaving anyways

Nitro: 1x

Batman: 1x

El Toro: 7x

Runaway Mine Train: 1x

Wonder Woman: 1x

Park flooded after and they shut it down. Pretty sure I witnessed Ka being struck by lightning because the bolt was so bright and the bang was instantaneous and I was looking right by Ka but it was blocked by a tree.

Saved a GIANT bull frog from Main Street and put it in the lake by Joker. Lmao. It was a fun ass day.

14-A71-A36-08-B9-4095-B738-87-E3-E1-EA9-B7-C.jpg

Seems like something themed to the Riddler... I’m staying by my prediction of a custom Raptor, which seems to be a very popular rumor now. The fact that they are actually teasing it gives me hope that it’s something sizeable, as they haven’t teased much the past few years and the additions have been pretty solid.

I just found out about the Haunted Mansion incident... Wow. Is there anything on the land occupied by where the Haunted Mansion was, today? If it's where I think it was, I seem to remember just a patch of trees.