TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Yoshi fan beat me to it, but here it is, The Twilight Zone:

6qtGO31.png

With added bonus of some idiot complaining about being kicked out for smoking in the comments!

the best part was she claimed she was "racially profiled" because they found a vape pen in her bag.

so I responded, "really? racially profiled?"

and she responded, losing her S#!t, and calling me a Trump supporter.

Bwaaa-haaaa-haaaaa

didn't even bother pointing out to her that there is ZERO chance she would have gotten removed from the park if they found a vape pen in her bag during check that she forgot to leave in the car.

she obviously was doing something she shouldn't have been doing, in a space she shouldn't have been doing it.

but special people feel they have special privileges and damn the rest of us, right?

With 2020 Season Passes on sale, I thought it was interesting that there is now All Season Fast Lane Plus for all Cedar Fair parks for $849. Dorney only went up from $125 to $175.

Where are you seeing this? CP's season FL+ was $849 this year and not for all CF parks.

Also, a quick scan of CF park websites shows the price changes from 2019 to 2020 for season FL/FL+:

Cedar Point $849 to $749 (-$100)

Valleyfair $225 to $150 (-$75)

Michigan's Adventure $109 to $99 (-$10)

Carowinds $249 to $350 (+$101)

Kings Dominion $275 to $275 ($0)

Kings Island $549 to $529 (-$20)

ETA: Weird, it is showing up now. Might have to add that to my platinum pass!

Edited by hoppedup

the best part was she claimed she was "racially profiled" because they found a vape pen in her bag.

so I responded, "really? racially profiled?"

and she responded, losing her S#!t, and calling me a Trump supporter.

Bwaaa-haaaa-haaaaa

didn't even bother pointing out to her that there is ZERO chance she would have gotten removed from the park if they found a vape pen in her bag during check that she forgot to leave in the car.

she obviously was doing something she shouldn't have been doing, in a space she shouldn't have been doing it.

but special people feel they have special privileges and damn the rest of us, right?

I saw some of her ranting the day of this post. There is almost no chance that the vape pen was in her bag IMO she was likely just walk around with it and lost her mind when she was asked to stop. There is always something more to stories like this.

I wish we didn't live in such a divisive time where people could actually take responsibility for their own actions instead of freaking out and blaming others.

Dorney Park has announced that the new multi-level water play structure Seaside Splashworks will debut at Wildwater Kingdom in 2020!

https://www.dorneypark.com/blog/2019/august/dorney-park-2020-capital-project

aug-15---2020-release.thumb.jpg.fc850a8cfdda628ee07b1f63adee2625.jpg

We will be making waves in its water park when the new beach-themed multi-level play structure, Seaside Splashworks, debuts in 2020!

The new family attraction will feature more than 75 play elements to engage the entire family for hours, including:

• Six water slides, totaling 430ft in length, with twists and turns for refreshing entertainment;
  • interactive spray jets that guests of all ages can operate;
  • oversized water cannons for splashing family and friends;
  • an adventuresome 195ft net bridge trail where guests can challenge their climbing and discovery skills;
  • a giant 317 gallon tipping bucket that drenches everyone standing below every 3-4 minutes; and
  • a splash zone just for toddlers.

With plenty of lounge chairs and shade structures overhead, Seaside Splashworks is designed for parents to relax in the shade or soak up the sun while their children play nearby. The attraction will be the largest structure in the water park featuring 6 towers, 12 water cannons and nine tipping cones; it replaces the Island Water Works playground and splash pad.

You can purchase your 2020 Season Passes at the lowest price of the year, now through November 3, 2019. In addition to enjoying unlimited visits to Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, free season-long parking, exclusive Passholder events and discounts on food and merchandise in 2020, Season Passholders can now, for the first time ever, enjoy all of those perks for the remainder of the 2019 Season. Visit http://www.dorneypark.com for full details..

What could be better? It's National Roller Coaster Day Weekend and we're pulling out all the stops throughout the entire weekend with some #amazing FREE benefits when you purchase you 2020 Season Pass or renew your 2019 Season Pass. Ready for a real thrill? Strap in and check this out:

Buy your 2020 Season Pass between August 15 - 18, 2019 and get one FREE Fast Lane to use on your next visit. PLUS, get unlimited visits for the reason of 2019 (that includes, Haunt, Monster Jam Thunder Alley™, and The GREAT Pumpkin Fest).

Renew your 2019 Season Pass for 2020 and get a FREE Fast Lane and a FREE Bring-A-Friend Ticket.

Fast Lane and Bring-A-Friend Ticket valid through 11/3/19 (excludes Saturdays and buyouts). Redemptions by 9/2/19 will receive Fast Lane Plus. Redemptions on 9/8/19 will receive Fast Lane. Redemptions from 9/14/19 - 11/3/19 will receive Fright & Fast Lane.

Watch out – this special’s not for the faint-of-heart. You need to act fast because it only lasts from August 15 - 18, 2019. Then, just like summer, it’s gone for good.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that Dorney has a reputation for not being very crowded as a general rule, but what are crowds like for Haunt, typically? Friday nights, specifically. My kids and I aren't really into the actual Haunts, so we'd primarily be concerned about the lines for the coasters, and other rides. Thanks in advance!

I can't speak to Fridays, but Saturdays will be generally packed. That said, most of the crowd will be packed into the Haunt lines, so coaster lines (aside from Wild Mouse) should be totally reasonable.

I understand that Dorney has a reputation for not being very crowded as a general rule, but what are crowds like for Haunt, typically? Friday nights, specifically. My kids and I aren't really into the actual Haunts, so we'd primarily be concerned about the lines for the coasters, and other rides. Thanks in advance!

I went to Dorney's Haunt one time in Sept. 2016.

Haunt waits for 30 minutes for each Haunted House.

• 1 month later...

I really enjoy their haunt. It’s no HHN but it’s probably the best theme park haunt in the northeast aside from Lake Compounce and since it’s Dorney it’s also the least crowded theme park haunt in the northeast.

Edited by coasterbill

I second Bill's comments; Dorney's Haunt is better than the Halloween events at SFGAdv or Hershey, and the low crowds will generally mean a decent time. Haunt maze lines shouldn't get beyond the 30-45 minute mark, and of course ride lines will be super minimal.

That said, if all you're looking for is haunted houses, the region has some of the country's best. Check out the following:

Terror Behind the Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary

Field of Screams

Pennhurst Asylum

Bates Motel

Fright Factory

Note that these are mostly, if not all, much more extreme than what you'd find at an amusement park. Namely, that you might have to sign a wavier and the scareactors will most likely be touching you.

If you have the time and want an INSANE haunt experience, go 34 minutes north. Seriously, we go everywhere for haunts, and it's the most interesting, interactive, funny, and fun haunt we've ever done, no question, hands down. (-- though we've never done BLACKOUT NYC to be fair)

The line gets HUGE so get there before opening.

If you have a group of 2, they will send in the two of you by yourselves. We've done it twice over the years.

Spend the extra $$$ for the blood experience. This is critical. Don't wear clothes you don't want to get ruined.

You're welcome.

d078b9f41922e65d0ef17f366dea1aca.jpg

Dorney added Columbus Day as an operating day around 2 months ago and didn't do much to promote that they were open like any e-mails sent out. With not many people knowing the park was open and operating hours of 11 - 7 with no Haunt, crowds were low even for Dorney standards. At one point Steel Force had a completely empty station around 2 hours before closing.

I was really impressed with Monster Jam Thunder Alley.

The course is where Stinger was and is 2 laps because the track is shorter than the versions from other Cedar Fair parks. 2 trucks are running, Megalodon and Grave Digger. Each truck seats 10 people plus the driver and usually 1 truck is running while the other is loading riders. It takes a while to load each truck and for everyone to get buckled in. Because of that, the capacity is extremely low. Even with the low crowds, it was still a 25 minute wait. The wait time sign even goes up to 150 minutes (probably from other Cedar Fair parks).

It was really fun and a much better use of the space compared to Stinger being there.

IMG_5504.JPG.818ff7ae38319a60601c1202c730bb9d.JPG

IMG_5505.JPG.ccb6b5f67ecba88646687ac2ce335a77.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG.953ac24099d186408a82e5158744fe60.JPG

^ The course at Cedar Point gave two laps as well back on Memorial Day weekend. I'm glad I can now say I've been in a monster truck, but I wasn't a big fan of the experience. It seemed to be a major hit with kids though!

Spend the extra $$$ for the blood experience. This is critical. Don't wear clothes you don't want to get ruined.

I need this in my life. Thank you!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Would I be better off buying a platinum pass for Dorney (I plan on visiting Cedar Point or Kings Dominion in July as well if I do) or should I buy one of the membership tiers for Six Flags Great Adventure and the other Six Flags parks? I live slightly closer to Dorney, but not by much. The SF memberships are obviously cheaper, so is there a distinct difference in quality that warrants the upcharge at Dorney and the Cedar Fair parks in general? I have heard that Dorney is a nice and well kept park and that SFGA may have the better attractions, but is also filled with advertisements and is not as well kept.

(This is assuming the parks open this year, I plan on not purchasing any passes until they do)