TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I don't mind if they change the theme to a DC character. All I care about is that they get it up and running

I certainly would (not that I care about cohesive theming - the Britannia has been long dead).

Xcalibur is one of the few good looking rides at the park. Leave it to Six Flags to mess with something.

Hey all, I have a too-early trip planning question:

Next year, I'm looking at flying into St. Louis Friday night, catch a Cardinals game, spend Saturday at SFStL, and fly home Sunday night. The plan would be to spend some time at the City Museum on Sunday morning/afternoon. How much time is recommended at the City Museum? Would it be better to do the City Museum on Saturday and Six Flags Saturday night/Sunday morning? Note: my SF Platinum pass should still be in effect.

Next year, I'm looking at flying into St. Louis Friday night, catch a Cardinals game, spend Saturday at SFStL, and fly home Sunday night. The plan would be to spend some time at the City Museum on Sunday morning/afternoon. How much time is recommended at the City Museum? Would it be better to do the City Museum on Saturday and Six Flags Saturday night/Sunday morning? Note: my SF Platinum pass should still be in effect.

Sounds like a great plan. You can do everything at City Museum once in a couple hours, but the more time you have, the more you'll enjoy it. The fun expands to fill the container of time.

The airport is pretty close to downtown, as far as major airports go. On a Sunday night, probably 30 minutes to get there. I'd recommend staying at City Museum until about 3 hours before your departure time. That should give you enough time to drop off the rental car and get through security.

City Museum is open until Midnight on Fri & Sat.

I'd absolutely hit it on Sat late afternoon/night. So maybe Six Flags on Sat Morning and back on Sun. morning.

and if you don't feel the need to go back to SFStL on Sun morning? Grant's Farm. . . was a fantastic way to spend a few hours before we flew out. . .and there's free beer.

IMG_7691.thumb.JPG.4ca7cc4040de0285efc517b220dc7ae4.JPG

IMG_7694.thumb.JPG.8885ec0c516af989fbf751a647a86d7e.JPG

Xcalibur might not come back as Xcalibur, but the ride itself will run again. There are rumors floating around of changes coming to the area.

Honestly, I would've loved to see the Britannia area rethemed to be a ScreamPunk District. Adding Supergirl killed my dream of that ever happening.

I'd absolutely hit it on Sat late afternoon/night. So maybe Six Flags on Sat Morning and back on Sun. morning.

and if you don't feel the need to go back to SFStL on Sun morning? Grant's Farm. . . was a fantastic way to spend a few hours before we flew out. . .and there's free beer.

That would be a lot of wasted time traveling back and forth to SFSTL twice.

I would do SFSTL getting in the gates for rope drop. Do the coasters first and work your way clockwise around the park, starting at Mr. Freeze and ending back at American Thunder.

Freeze

Pandemonium

Boss

Screamin' Eagle

Boomerang (or skip)

Mine Train

Ninja

Batman

American Thunder, which by that time will be the longest wait.

Cover whatever flats you missed. If you've been on a Justice League there's no reason to go on ours. If you haven't, then hit it prior to my aforementioned coaster order.

SFStl isn't much of an all day park. On a Saturday you could be done with everything and a few re-rides by 5pm. Unless you want a night ride on Screamin' Eagle or a pitch black ride on Batman, you're not missing much after dark. Go get dinner and be at City Museum by 7. It's open until midnight.

Go to our Zoo on Sunday. Or, as Bert suggested, go to Grant's Farm Sunday morning before your flight, BUT GET THERE 30 MINUTES BEFORE OPENING. Seriously, I've yet to even visit because even when we arrived on time it would have taken over an hour to get into the park.

^ LOL> . remember, I'm from Texas, so that 40 minute drive was *nothing*. . that's closer than I travel to get to work on days I drive in.

it reminds me of folks reacting like we were nuts when we drove across Pennsylvania (from Pitts. to Philly, hitting parks along the way).. to us, that was no longer than a trip from Austin to Dallas

Edited by bert425

The driving in itself isn't an issue, but it's just a waste of time when your time is limited.

Of course your trip across Pennsylvania isn't nuts. Last year we drove from STL to PA, hit everything, and then drove 13 hours back. It's just a road trip and I'm not sure why anyone would think that's nuts. Trust me, we spend plenty of time in the car during the summer (days), so my viewpoint is relevant. But, that's not the point I was making.

The driving in itself isn't an issue, but it's just a waste of time when your time is limited.

Of course your trip across Pennsylvania isn't nuts. Last year we drove from STL to PA, hit everything, and then drove 13 hours back. It's just a road trip and I'm not sure why anyone would think that's nuts. Trust me, we spend plenty of time in the car during the summer (days), so my viewpoint is relevant. But, that's not the point I was making.

oh, just to clarify, I didn't mean YOU thought we were nuts re: our Pennsylvania trip.

I meant the folks we met at the parks we stopped at. the conversation always came up this way:

them: where are you from?

us: we're from Texas

them: oh (a sad, knowing oh)

us: no, from Austin

them: OH! (happy, surprised, pleasant oh)

so you're just visiting this park?

us: no, we flew into Pittsburgh, rented a car, and are driving to Philadelphia for the Historic sites, but stopping for Amusement Park fun along the way.

them: OMG.. that's SO far to drive, y'all are nuts.

almost every time we got in a conversation with someone, that's how it went.

so that's what I was meaning.

being from Texas, and being used to driving in Texas - even just within the city of Houston or Dallas, we're well used to an hour commute to get anywhere. so the 40 minute drive from our hotel to SFStl was nothing, and if we had wanted to go back the next day, easily could have too. (but as you note, it's not really a 2 day park)