TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Call me proven corrected. Although if PARC was the one who bought it they probably shipped it somewhere else after they split ways. They grabbed anything they could on the way out like the fancier version of the OC Chopper bikes.

Call me proven corrected. Although if PARC was the one who bought it they probably shipped it somewhere else after they split ways. They grabbed anything they could on the way out like the fancier version of the OC Chopper bikes.

There was a fancier version?

The article I read about the GL auction said it was PARC that was there so I guess they would take it with them as they "owned" it.

At the park right now and it is PACKED. These are the times when it is flat out unacceptable to not have a second train on the coasters. RoS and Viper are easily an hour or more, Predator is like 45 minutes. To wait over an hour for a coaster SIMPLY because the park is too freakin’ cheap to maintain a second train is crazy. And for whoever it was saying that a lot of parks only run one train. What other park out there has an Intamin hyper that literally doesn’t even have a second train? None. It’s ridiculous and should get corrected ASAP.

Also, Skyscreamer STILL has 4 sets of seats closed, but they aren’t the same ones as the 4 that were mentioned a few days ago. Seriously? A brand new ride and the park is already flat out failing to maintain it? Give me a break.

We get it... you hate the maintenance and think theyre cheap. Now shut the f**k up.

Well in the past i’d cut them some slack, but now with Six Flags’s large sums of money along with prices of everything jacked up this year (20 dollar parking, and don’t forget the line-slowing fast passes), there’s no excuse anymore, especially with larger attendance numbers than in years past.

I’ve never heard this many gp even starting to realize just how pathetic the park is lately. Every line you hear constant complaints from everybody about how often things are broken, or how slow the lines move here. They need to do something about it.

We get it... you hate the maintenance and think theyre cheap. Now shut the f**k up.

Well in the past i’d cut them some slack, but now with Six Flags’s large sums of money along with prices of everything jacked up this year (20 dollar parking, and don’t forget the line-slowing fast passes), there’s no excuse anymore, especially with larger attendance numbers than in years past.

I’ve never heard this many gp even starting to realize just how pathetic the park is lately. Every line you hear constant complaints from everybody about how often things are broken, or how slow the lines move here. They need to do something about it.

No, they don't. Darien Lake's core customer base doesn't have anywhere else to go, so the park will continue to suck, no matter how much money is behind it. Also, Six Flags doesn't own this place....they just operate it. There's a limit to how much they're willing to invest, which is what I called way back when the "return to Six Flags" was announced.

Obviously if the park is as busy as you say, that's good for them financially, not an indicator of people getting fed up and not going.

Besides, 45 minutes or an hour is not a "super long line."

Oh the joys of one train operations

You see how the switchbacks aren't in use in your first picture? When they're full, and the line still extends out the entrance, then you'll have a right to complain.

And screw you for making me contribute to making this thread longer.

No, they don't. Darien Lake's core customer base doesn't have anywhere else to go, so the park will continue to suck, no matter how much money is behind it. Also, Six Flags doesn't own this place....they just operate it. There's a limit to how much they're willing to invest, which is what I called way back when the "return to Six Flags" was announced.

Obviously if the park is as busy as you say, that's good for them financially, not an indicator of people getting fed up and not going.

La Ronde is not owned by Six Flags yet even that park manages to have two trains on their major coasters. Darien Lake has no excuse to have only one train on ROS and keep running the parts bin train they are using for Mind Eraser.

La Ronde is not owned by Six Flags yet even that park manages to have two trains on their major coasters. Darien Lake has no excuse to have only one train on ROS and keep running the parts bin train they are using for Mind Eraser.

Yes, SF does own LaRonde (maybe not the land it's on, but definitely all the rides):

The City of Montreal sold La Ronde to Six Flags, an American theme park chain, in a deal completed on May 4, 2001. It acquired all of the assets of the park for $20 million USD and has a long-term contract to lease the land from the city. Before the announcement of the Six Flags purchase, the city had considered offers from other bidders including Paramount Parks, Cedar Fair, and Parc Astérix.

While it does not own DL:

Starting with the 2018 season, Six Flags Entertainment Corporation acquired lease rights to operate the park, with the park remaining under the ownership of EPR Properties.

Anyway, if you are convinced that SF is going to invest in this park, give it time. Trains and other things take time to be built, so for all we know SF has already ordered two brand spankin' new trains for Ride of Steel from Inatmin and are just waiting on delivery. Realistically, that hasn't happened, but this is the thread of ridiculous hopes and dreams, so why not.

Repeating yourself over and over and over on this thread how much you dislike one train ops will not do a thing to change it. SF will do what theyre going to do regardless of how much you hold your breath and stomp your feet.

Forgot about the sad excuse for a train on ME. Look, I know we’re the bottom of the barrel SF park and all but that is just hilariously bad on so many levels. And with RoS, what other hyper coaster out there doesn’t have a second train even on the transfers? None.

I think my biggest question is about Viper. The other Viper train literally ran last year. Why on earth isn’t it at least on the transfers as it obviously wouldn’t be that hard to do as it’s still operable.

There were two built for Darien Lake. One was more custom that headlined on the show. The other was similar in design, but built more around one of their standard semi-custom choppers as something that could be driven. The second was the one that was to be raffled off. Except the winner turned out to be Canadian and the motorcycle wasn't legal by their regs. So the raffle bike sported a For Sale sign for about two years.

There were two built for Darien Lake. One was more custom that headlined on the show. The other was similar in design, but built more around one of their standard semi-custom choppers as something that could be driven. The second was the one that was to be raffled off. Except the winner turned out to be Canadian and the motorcycle wasn't legal by their regs. So the raffle bike sported a For Sale sign for about two years.

Oh I thought you were talking about the coaster train bikes.

Its been said that theyre all (ME, Viper, Predator) still operable

Well if they’re still all operable, why doesn’t SF get them running. I mean they even have forked over the money at TGE for 2 train ops. This really isn’t rocket science here.

When Viper’s line is almost clocking out at 2 hours (no, really. It was the longest line there today), and you have a second working train but don’t feel like bothering to set it up, it doesn’t look good for them, that’s for sure.

Its been said that theyre all (ME, Viper, Predator) still operable

Well if they’re still all operable, why doesn’t SF get them running. I mean they even have forked over the money at TGE for 2 train ops. This really isn’t rocket science here.

Theyre havent been 2 train ops for 4 years, you should be used to it by now.

I mean they have more money coming in now. The last 4 years were that god-awful CNL era that was what killed the place. That company HATED giving over literally a single penny to help the park.

Really? Honestly wasn’t aware of that. I think I’m talking about whoever the operator was from like 2015-2018. They flat out sucked.

Besides the super cheap, smallest Eurofighter available and a super loop, they did NOTHING for the park.

Really? Honestly wasn’t aware of that. I think I’m talking about whoever the operator was from like 2015-2018. They flat out sucked.

Besides the super cheap, smallest Eurofighter available and a super loop, they did NOTHING for the park.

Premier took over for Herschend after the 2014 season. They added Rolling Thunder, Brain Drain, RipCurl and Tantrum.

2007-2010: CNL/PARC

2011-2014: CNL/Herschend

2015-2017: CNL/Premier

2017-2018: EPR/Premier

Premier took over for Herschend after the 2014 season. They added Rolling Thunder, Brain Drain, RipCurl and Tantrum.

2007-2010: CNL/PARC

2011-2014: CNL/Herschend

2015-2017: CNL/Premier

2017-2018: EPR/Premier

If only Brain Drain and Ripcurl were one year. Would’ve been better. Too little investment into the dry park during their tenure was a large part of the issue it seems. 2 rides for the dry park that desperately needed some love in 5 years is a bit pathetic, especially looking at how cheap they went with both Tantrum (literally as small and bare bones as it gets), and Rolling Thunder, a good ol Super Loop.