TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

According to queue-times, Dorney is among the most crowded CF parks other than the Point. Seems I usually hear it's noncrowded. Which is it?

Queue Times is not useful for Dorney. I'm pretty sure the park is just posting those wait times as a type of inside joke.

I’ll be visiting Dorney Park on Sunday, August 4th as part of a PA/NJ coaster trip. Since I usually hear that the park does not get crowded, I’m guessing four hours would be enough time to ride everything at least once, am I correct? My tentative plan is to be at Dorney Park from Open to 2pm and then head to Great Adventure for the evening.

Went to the park on Saturday night and it was probably the worst Dorney Park experience of my life. Grand Carnivale looks very well done however that area of the park is not meant to house 25,000 people. It was a total clusterfuck. Also, I was blown away by how much weed I smelled throughout the night. I was an avid pothead till my late 20s, but I barely saw any security throughout the night. There was an instance where a group was in a circle passing around green like it was nothing. Just saying that its a family environment and not yet legal. The park needs to own this issue and ramp up security.

Also, food services usually hits its stride by this point in the summer, however it was worse than ever on Saturday night. I waited for a Chicken & Shrimp basket for 20 minutes with not a single person in front of me in line. Kid left the register after taking my order and began cleaning tables/the condiment stand. Came back and asked me what I was waiting for. The girl who was "preparing" food in the back of the stand just stared at the wall and wouldn't acknowledge me.

67179079_10110900510177255_6149534479355478016_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQnsCrE1P6Utq6qcN-6v1jjeO3OdK50OVFwHZCm--1TV1YMWqGRzSTkAR75vimkC7fJGKfFWOCOka1hlo7m1mfYD&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=031d21664b307f8109207b0fb86424f0&oe=5DDBE318 (taken from FB)

Seeing pictures like that make me want to avoid summer weekends unless I was just going to ride coasters. Cars parked anywhere they could find space on Saturday even behind a Haunt building. I can't even imagine how bad WWK must have been.

I'm starting to plan some coaster trips out for next year, and I have a question for the locals/regulars. When doesDorney Park begin weekday operation, typically? Do they have a set week that is the same every year, or is it more variable. Also, am I correct in saying that this isn't a park I need a full day to experience, given I'm not going to go to the water park? Thanks in advance!

New haunt zones named:

New for Haunt in 2019 are two brand-new scare zones, The Lair and Steamworx. Halloween Haunt features eight mazes, two scare zones, live shows, rides, and hundreds of costumed creatures roaming the midways, ready to scare visitors over the age of 13, and runs Friday and Saturday nights Saturday, September 14 through November 2, 2019 plus a bonus night on Sunday, October 13, 2019.

https://www.parkworld-online.com/dorney-park-readies-for-fall/