Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:57 am

boldikus wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:
Out of curiosity, does "it" often breakdown?

In my experience, yes. But isn't that generally a prerequisite for most kick-ass rides?

True. :lol: If a few breakdowns here and there are the tradeoff for such an awesome cycle, I'll take it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:22 pm

Just posted via their FB...

Tram.png

Oh and has it been mentioned here that the tram operator on the back of the train and the roof over the front car are now gone?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:29 pm

It has not, and that kinda blows.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:20 pm

Aw man, that tram operator looked awesome.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:46 pm

coasterbill wrote:It sh*t itself mid-cycle a few years ago while we were on it apparently but I uh... don't remember much about that experience (or anything that happened that afternoon). :lol:

Hahaha, yep.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Itachi » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Interesting that Morey's blames the delay on the custom nature of the ride, while it actually is a regular off-the-shelf model, or are they talking about the ride being constructed on the pier / beach / close to the sea? Hope they get the ride open soon though!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:08 am

Itachi wrote:Interesting that Morey's blames the delay on the custom nature of the ride, while it actually is a regular off-the-shelf model, or are they talking about the ride being constructed on the pier / beach / close to the sea? Hope they get the ride open soon though!

The Moreys have confirmed it is not an off the shelf model.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Quick questions:

1. How good has Fly - The Great Nor'Easter been since its extensive retracking/new trains?

2. Is Sea Serpent as bumpy as any other Boomerang? (considering it was the first Boomerang in the US)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:42 pm

^ Fly- the Great Nor'Easter is quite smooth. It's not quite as smooth as a B&M invert, but with those restraints, you get zero headbanging and can appreciate the layout.

Sea Serpent was one of the smoothest boomerangs I've ridden.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:06 am

Update: Moreys just posted the coaster is (finally) open. We'll be down this wknd so will try to check it out and will report back.

Jason Maier wrote:Quick questions:

1. How good has Fly - The Great Nor'Easter been since its extensive retracking/new trains?

2. Is Sea Serpent as bumpy as any other Boomerang? (considering it was the first Boomerang in the US)

Nor'easter is ridiculously smooth. Bill and I rode it in July and both got off gushing about how mindbogglingly smooth and fun it is. I'm not shitting you. Sea Serpent is good, great view from the first lift/drop, fairly good and smooth for a boomerang. I don't ride it as much as its the only big coaster on the central pier and it does get lines on weekend evenings, and a shuttle so the line crawls. If its during the day its not too bad usually.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!