Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: A.J. and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:15 pm

bluestreak wrote:I got a chocolate chip and sugar cookie (don't like snickerdoodle, don't crucify me) and those were equally as amazing.....

Too late. I just crucified you. :p

Ha ha, my partner swears by them. Me? Not so much.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Been having a great day at Knoebels so far today. It’s a very charming park with a nice setting in the valley and an old-school atmosphere that has some great rides. Phoenix is a phenomenal coaster, the buzz bars with no seatbelts made for some very strong and somewhat frightening moments of airtime. Twister is a very fun ride with nice laterals, Flying Turns surprised me with how intense it was, and Impulse is a solid looper. Their Flyers are by far the best I’ve ever been on, their log flume is one of the better ones, and the Carousel was a lot of fun, especially with grabbing the ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings. Can see why most enthusiasts love this park, and I’ll definitely have to come back again in the near future. :)
Valleyfair Ride Operator
2016 - Wild Thing
2017 - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Cedar Point Ride Operator
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:58 pm

Glad to hear! Did you ride Kosmo’s curves? If not and you have the opportunity, hop on the back row and ask no questions.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:43 pm

Did Italian Trapeze ever open this year? I noticed it missing during my visit a few weeks ago.

Looking back at the press release for Tumbling Timbers, it was said that the Italian Trapeze would be completely refurbished.
Italian Trapeze Missing.JPG
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby VF15 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:30 pm

JG-77 wrote:Glad to hear! Did you ride Kosmo’s curves? If not and you have the opportunity, hop on the back row and ask no questions.

I did end up riding Kozmo’s Kurves, that ride actually has a decent of force for how small it is.

Forgot to add earlier, the food at Knoebels was delicious, especially the waffle sundae I had.
Valleyfair Ride Operator
2016 - Wild Thing
2017 - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Cedar Point Ride Operator
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Postby bert425 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:37 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Did Italian Trapeze ever open this year? I noticed it missing during my visit a few weeks ago.

Looking back at the press release for Tumbling Timbers, it was said that the Italian Trapeze would be completely refurbished.

well, SFFT's looked just like that for a good 6-7 months (just the "stalk"). . . and that eventually reopened fully refurbed.

so I'd say since they didn't rip the stalk out of the ground? it's coming back.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:22 pm

^ I have no doubt it's coming back. I just found it curious the ride was taken apart in the middle of the summer season since I thought the rehab was over the winter.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:59 pm

I visited over Memorial Day weekend and I don't believe it was assembled then either.

Waiting for parts from Europe!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Habreno » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Wasn't assembled all season.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:27 pm

^ Thanks! I was curious since SFNE kept disassembled and reassembled their wave swinger at least twice over the past year.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!