TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I'm thrilled about the new ride. I love water coasters and can't wait to try this out next year.

We were actually at the park on Mon and still very high crowds and still under the boil order. I was actually quite impressed at how efficiently they kept the bottled water and canned soda coming all day long with those crowds. Unfortunately we were only able to get one ride each on Wildebeest and Mammoth and that was using the single rider line. We did the coasters first and that took longer than normal due to the crowds so didn't get over to the waterpark til late afternoon and even with single rider it took us about an hour and a half to get through those two and then the lines were shut down about 4:30, with a 5 pm waterpark closing.

We were able to go back an do re rides on Voyage and Thunderbird but it was for sure a day where you had to prioritize rides because there was no way to get on all of them.

We also ran into a huge mess getting out of the parking lot. We were going on to Louisville to do KK the next day and it took us almost as long to get back up to 64 as it did to get the rest of the way to KK. A good 45 min or so just to get out of the lot.

As for the plans somewhere above that we’re suspected to replace the pilgrims plunge area... I still have a gut feeling those are real plans.... just not for this year. HW knows at least a couple years before hand what is coming next and they CERTAINLY plan out way in advanced for that. Those plans just fit that area WAY too perfectly to not be real.

That coaster wouldn't fit with Cheetah Chase there, at least not the helix around Kima Bay. I'm guessing those blueprints were an old ride proposal leaked for fun, or just an enthusiast with too much time on their hands trying to stir up some rumors. I'm still very confused as to why Pilgrim Plunge's spot is still sitting there being an eyesore, but I'm sure HW has plans for it at some point.

I’m guessing those were Intamin’s actual proposal for this same RFP asking for a “launched water coaster”, but Proslide got the bid and so they leaked those plans just for fun. I don’t imagine they’ll be built - after this, I think we will be waiting a little while for the next major addition anyway. Pilgrim’s Plunge spot will have it’s time someday.

I couldn’t love this new addition more. It looks awesome flying over the path and fits perfectly into that empty corner. Excited to try it out. Three water coasters in one park is ridiculous, but I love them so I’m not complaining!

Remember when we saw "leaked plans" for a GCI at Six Flags Fiesta Texas back in 2017, then they announced Wonder Woman out of nowhere? I imagine this is a similar situation. Either this is an attraction coming years down the road or it was simply a proposal that never came to anything.

Either way, Cheetah Chase looks great. I'm not a big water park person, but when I finally get the chance to visit Holiday World you bet I will spend a great deal of time riding their water coasters!

Can’t wait for this! Splashin’ Safari is already a complete package of a water park. Adding a thrilling attraction with great capacity is just a cherry on top. Also great placement to spread out the crowds...and it’s over toward Hyena Falls. So at least it will shorten the walk between attractions.

Interesting that Mammoth and Wildebeest are magnetic slides while this appears to use water boosters.

^The last time I saw you was in Splashin' Safari!

Also great placement to spread out the crowds...and it’s over toward Hyena Falls. So at least it will shorten the walk between attractions.

For some reason I had thought Hyena Falls was removed? Must have been misinformation.

Interesting that Mammoth and Wildebeest are magnetic slides while this appears to use water boosters.

Good point. New sensations and variety - everyone wins.

Looks like the perfect coaster-slide for younger kids and families that might be a little too apprehensive about Wildebeest or Mammoth.

I thought of that too. And it's mostly out in the open so everyone can see what it does. How cool for Holiday World to think about those little (but important) details.

Love it!! I look at this and think simply of the throughput. A shorter layout with dual loading flumes, so it should eat up people a lot more depending how many they can cycle through at once. I'm certainly hoping they'll be adding this to the next Holiwood Nights water park ERT lineup (and maybe a single rider's line on this too). Can't wait to try this, and very happy Holiday World's investing in a new ride, especially for their already very popular water park!

Just checked it out on youtube. Looks like a fantastic addition to the waterpark! Awesome theme, colors and such a cool concept.

Now.. Cedar Point, it's time for CPS to get a water coaster!

It's time for Cedar Fair to explore water coasters in general.....

^This, or just higher capacity slides in general, versus a water park like Splashin' Safari with several (ZOOMbabwe, Zinga, Bakuli, Mammoth, Wildebeest, Cheetah Chase), so perhaps starting there.

^Atlantis Aquaventure and Wild Wadi, both in Dubai, have slides very similar to the one you mentioned.

I don't think it's the fact it's the first water slide with a launch start, I think the technicality with their "world's first" is that it's the world's first closed circuit water coaster with a launch start. I really can't think of any other water coaster that's technically built like it that connects like that and has a launch start.

Edit because huuuge contradiction:

Okay, so Flyan Myan at Chula Vista indoor water park is a Zip Coaster water coaster (uses high speed conveyor belts) and ends where it starts, ergo, closed circuit... take that as you will.

Also great placement to spread out the crowds...and it’s over toward Hyena Falls. So at least it will shorten the walk between attractions.

For some reason I had thought Hyena Falls was removed? Must have been misinformation.

Looks like the perfect coaster-slide for younger kids and families that might be a little too apprehensive about Wildebeest or Mammoth.

I thought of that too. And it's mostly out in the open so everyone can see what it does. How cool for Holiday World to think about those little (but important) details.

The halfpipe slide on Hyena Falls has been removed, leaving just the tube slides and a small kiddie splash pad. I wonder if they are very quietly trying to get rid of that area. The halfpipe slide was no doubt the most popular slide in that odd complex. One would have thought that they would add some more attractions around it to give guests another reason to go around there, but the last three additions to the water park have been in the other section, and now they removed one of the slides.

The halfpipe slide on Hyena Falls has been removed, leaving just the tube slides and a small kiddie splash pad. I wonder if they are very quietly trying to get rid of that area. The halfpipe slide was no doubt the most popular slide in that odd complex. One would have thought that they would add some more attractions around it to give guests another reason to go around there, but the last three additions to the water park have been in the other section, and now they removed one of the slides.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we saw Hyena Falls completely removed or relocated. That area was supposed to be the future of the water park (and may still be) but nothing has been in added in a very long time, and it is so far by itself that it really doesn’t make sense still. Depending on how much infrastructure is water specific, I could see them removing the water rides from there and expanding a new area of the dry park (maybe the next holiday?). Who knows, but I was very shocked that this ride is not going where PP was or with Hyena Falls. I didn’t even know a ride like this could fit where they’re putting it! Haha

^ What's left of Hyena Falls would actually fit in quite nicely in the plot of land that Monsoon Lagoon currently occupies. I really think they should move the slides and then turn that area that it currently occupies into a year around activity trail of some sort for kids similar to the one they do for Halloween in that area. That really goes over well with families at their Halloween event. At least do that until they can expand the dry park out into that area they don't waste the restroom and Pepsi Oasis that was built out there.

I did a bit of research and the Proslide water boosters are supposed to be more efficient and use less power than the magnetic slides. According to this article from CNN, the top speed on the initial launch is 20 mph. To me the magnetic slides seem to more or less glide up the hills where this seems like it's going to actually give you a bit of a kick up the hills.

The way I interpreted the distance to Hyena Falls was that one day Splashin' Safari would continue to expand, under the Voyage and connect it all. But whatever they do, I will be back every chance I get. Holiday World made a loyal lifetime fan out of me years ago.

I don't really care too much for water parks, but I have to say that Holiday World's is an AMAZING one and really won me over. I actually took time off from riding Voyage to spend time in their water park.

David

^I'll have to agree with you there. After riding some of the slides at Holiday World and especially Wildebeest and Mammoth, I am now a certified waterboy! The problem I had with water parks before Splashin' Safari was long slow lines (in 'chain' parks). We still get lines at HW/SS, but they are managed efficiently, and the service is so good.

I love this new addition and can't wait to try it next year! Are there any other water parks that have three water coasters? Or does this count as 4 water coasters?

Just another reason to do Holiwood Nights instead of CoasterMania if they fall on the same weekend...

• 1 month later...