Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Valleyfair- Renegade, Wild Thing, and storms
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:18 am

Luna Park (Coney Island)

Opening day is usually a quiet day at most parks. Not Luna Park. When a park that usually charges $65 offers a “free wristband” (it technically requires a $5 donation), it’s understandable why it gets mobbed.

This time, I visited on a summer Sunday. Yes the wristband is pricey, but it keeps the ride lines reasonable. The boardwalks were packed, but the longest ride line I waited in was 15 minutes. Think of the wristband as a skip-the-line pass and it becomes a whole lot more palatable.

I parked by the Thunderbolt, so naturally I made Zamperla’s take on the Eurofighter my first stop. I know this ride gets a lot of hate, but I actually enjoy it. I’ve realized that’s how I feel about most rides people hate…except SLCs with the old restraints. Those rides deserve all the hate they get.

Maybe people hate the restraints? The restraints are very tight and the ops will staple you with all their might. No ifs, ands, or buts. However, I’ll take a tight lap bar over an OSTR any day of the week.

Maybe people find it rough? Sure it shuffles a bit atop the inversions, but without OSTRs I find the ride perfectly comfortable.

Think what you want since it keeps the line shorter for me. I enjoy the mix of hangtime on the inversions and great ejector airtime on the drop and bunny hills. 7.5 out of 10

Thunderbolt Dive Loop.JPG
I know this isn't the most popular coaster, but I really like it.

Thunderbolt Zero-G (Far).JPG
Even haters of the ride have to admit Zamperla packed a lot into a tight footprint.

Thunderbolt Drop (Close).JPG

Thunderbolt Zero-G (Under).JPG
Admittedly the three across cars are odd and it leads to a lot of empty seats.

Speaking of coasters everyone hates but I enjoy, I wanted to ride Soarin’ Eagle. Yes it is possible for someone to actually like a Zamperla volare. The crowds thought the same as it boasted a full queue.

I decided to come back later, but the ride went down for the night shortly thereafter. Some would call it mercy. I deemed it unfortunate. At least I’ve ridden it before.

Soarin' Eagle Overview.JPG
What a shame this ride was down. I'm not even being sarcastic.

I was able to ride Steeplechase. Since I had limited time at Darien Lake and Knott’s Pony Express always breaks down for me, Steeplechase is the only motorbike coaster I’ve ridden in quite some time.

For a smaller coaster, this thing has a really sold launch. And then the compact layout has several tiny pops of air as it weaves around itself. Plus this is a rare Zamperla coaster people seem to universally agree is smooth. 6.5 out of 10

Steeplechase Post-Launch 1.JPG
I guess ponies in New York work harder than they do in California.

My wristband actually included the Slingshot, but there was no chance in hell I was waiting in that line. I counted at least 50-60 people in the queue.

So instead I rode another ride that typically isn’t on a wristband, the Zenobio (aka Zamperla’s take on the Skyscraper ride). I rode right before sunset so the view was stunning.

But I don’t ride Zenobio for the views. No, I ride it for the thrills. And it halfway delivered. On the backwards bit, we were flipping with each rotation. But on the forwards bit, our vehicle flipped as much as SFMM’s Green Lantern (aka 0 times). 7 out of 10

Zenobio Car.JPG
I love how this is included with the wristband.

When you think of the most intense coasters in the US, what comes to mind? Intimidator 305, Skyrush, El Toro, Steel Vengeance, trimless Voyage? I’d also throw in the back row on the Cyclone.

However, it was challenging to get the back row. On the day I visited, they wouldn’t allow anyone to sit in the back car until all seats were filled in the front two cars. I’ve never come across this policy in the past, but it was disappointing since crowds were minimal.

But I did get a few back row rides and it separates the men from the boys. Getting ejector airtime on almost every hill with just a buzz bar is glorious.

Now mix in powerful laterals. Keep in mind, there are no seat dividers. There’s one hill in particular on the last lap that I want to highlight. After the turnaround slams you to the left, there’s fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo hill that twists to the left. You will be ejected upwards and simultaneously throw to the right side of the seat.

Even the front row rides were wild, just in a different way. The airtime was still numerous, but it was a weaker mix of ejector pops and floater pops. The front compensated with stronger laterals.

The one flaw with the ride is that it’s bumpy. For me, it’s not a ride killer since you’re basically riding on a couch. But it’s the price I’m willing to pay for such an intense classic. 9 out of 10

Cyclone 2nd Turnaround (Aerial).JPG
If you're wondering where I took this photo from, you'll find out on the next update.

Cyclone Drop.JPG
The airtime on this ride is terrifying. I love it.

Cyclone Overview.JPG
Often imitated. Rarely duplicated. And RMCed when they get rough.

The original plan was not for me to stay until closing (midnight). But I ended up doing that. What came back to bite me was ride inspections. At several points throughout the night, I saw the park close off a queue, cycle through the riders, and then take a ride down for 30-60 minutes.

I don’t have an issue with Luna Park closing rides for inspections. However, if they were scheduled for pre-determined times, I just wish the park shared that information with guests so they could plan ahead.

Astro Tower.JPG
Unfortunately the Zamperla drop tower was down all day.

The most notable flat for me was the one-of-a-kind Clockworkz. Offride, the contraption is mesmerizing. It looks like something straight out of a cartoon. I’d argue it’s more fun to watch than ride.

I was optimistic it would be a fast, airtime-filled ride. It was not. It was smooth, but it was that awkward speed where it’s not fast enough to be thrilling but too slow to be an observation ride. 5 out of 10

Clockworkz Overview.JPG
Beautiful to watch. Just ok to ride.

The Atlantic Aviator next door was undoubtedly a thrill ride. Luna Park replaced their old Air Race with the next-generation tower version.

Was it any better? Marginally. The ride sensations were identical; however, the new visuals were a nice surprise. The versions on the ground feel pretty contained within themselves. This one was a dizzying display of the park’s lights. I definitely recommend this one at night. 7 out of 10

Atlantic Aviator (Far).JPG
Air Race has evolved.

Speaking of visuals, that’s exactly why I rode the Brooklyn Flyer. By star flyer standards, this one is a dwarf. However, this one has an awesome setting.

Luna Park looks incredible at night all lit up. Then when you mix in the distant New York skyline and the beach, you have a real winner. Plus it has some decent force too. 8 out of 10

Luna Park Overview.JPG
It's a cute little star flyer, but the views are still awesome.

The last flat I hit was Luna 360. This is one of those inverting frisbees and I sort of assumed it would produce some airtime on the swings leading up to the inversions like the Technical Park versions.

It did not. The swings leading up to the inversions didn’t do much for me. But the inversions sure did. They were loaded with hangtime and the downswings were really heavy on the Gs. 7 out of 10

Luna 360 Inverting.JPG
This is how you properly counterweight a frisbee.

After knocking out the flats, it was 11 pm. At this point, I was already so far down the rabbit hole that I decided to reach for the coffee, pull an all-nighter, and finish the night with some coaster rides. But first I wanted to try the flume.

On one hand, I appreciate how Wild River had a different layout than your usual carnival flume. On the other hand, it wasn't particularly good. The drops weren't very steep and both the turns and splashdowns were pretty bumpy. 3 out of 10

Wild River Overview.JPG
Unless you count jackhammering turns and splashdowns as wild, this river wasn't very wild.

Next was a longer than expected ride on the Thunderbolt. As we approached the lift, we stopped. After about 5 minutes, a choir of “Are we going to die?” started.

A supervisor notified us we had been dispatched a hair too early, so the ride triggered a fault. After about 15 minutes and countless reassurances from the supervisor we were perfectly safe, maintenance reset the ride and I got another good ride on this often maligned coaster.

Thunderbolt Entrance.JPG
Coney Island simply comes alive at night.

But the night ended with the Cyclone. Thankfully there was a family that kept riding over and over to perfect their on-ride photo, so I was able to get the back car a few times.

I probably got another 7-8 rides in a row. By the time midnight rolled around, I felt like I had stepped out of the boxing ring. Not even 3 hours of the Voyage at Holiwood Nights did that to me.

Oddly, the coaster was still accepting riders even after midnight. When I drove past it at 12:15, it was still cycling. While it was a bit painful to leave some rides on the table, I needed to hit the road or else the sun would rise before I made it home. :lol:

Cyclone 3rd Hill (Close).JPG
In case your forgot the ride's name.

Cyclone Sign.JPG
I'm a sucker for neon signs.

Luna Park is the highlight of Coney Island. The legendary Cyclone alone is worth the trip, but the park has some decent steel coasters and an awesome lineup of flats.

And it also helps that you have an another amusement park next door, several other smaller attractions, and an electric vibe that few places can match.

Luna Park Sign.JPG
I may have needed a lot of coffee the next day, but it was worth it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:07 am

Nice report! Soarin’ Eagle is horrible though. You're on the good sh*t.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:57 am

^ One less person in line for me then. :lol:
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Deno’s Wonder Wheel Park & Coney Island

Few parks are as defined by one ride as Deno’s. Heck, the park name literally has the star attraction in its title, the Wonder Wheel.

My previous two rides on the Wonder Wheel were at night, so I wanted to change things up. I wanted an elusive sunset ride. So I consulted the all-knowing Google and was informed I should board around 8:30.

Wonder Wheel Side.JPG
This ride defines Deno's.

Wonder Wheel Night (Side).JPG
This wheel is still freaky today. Just imagine how terrifying it must have been when it opened.

And it was a gorgeous view. In the foreground, you had the beach and bustling boardwalk. In the background, you had the sun setting over one of New York’s many bridges. It was a view fit for a postcard screensaver (it’s the 21st century after all).

Now it was challenging to take photographs for two reasons. One, the swinging. Of course I chose the swinging gondolas. It’s what makes the Wonder Wheel famous. The instant your gondola starts swinging into the lattice superstructure is still one of the most terrifying moments of any ride.

The other reason were the cages and supports. I had to get creative with how I positioned my lens. I probably only had a 33% yield, but that 33% looked fantastic.

Yes it’s expensive, especially since it’s one of the few rides not part of Zamperla’s Luna Park empire, but it’s well worth it. The combination of views and thrills is why this ride is so iconic. 10 out of 10

Beach (Aerial).JPG
No sharks in sight.

NY Sunset 2.JPG
Now that's what I call a view.

Depending on your perspective, Spook-a-rama could be the most terrifying ride in the park. Offride, this doesn’t look like anything more than your typical, cheap, carnival haunted house.

That’s why it’s shocking when you enter the show-building beneath the boardwalk and see just how expansive it is. Beyond the sheer size, the effects are incredible. The set designs themselves are just ok, but the combination of sound and touch (yes touch) results in some big jump scares. 8 out of 10

Spook-A-Rama Station.JPG
Do not underestimate this ride. It's actually well done.

But the surprise of my visit was the Eldorado Auto Skooter. When you pass this attraction on the street, it looks more like a night club than an amusement ride.

And you know what? It certainly feels like a night club when you’re on the attraction. The atmosphere is electric. You have strobe lights, laser lights, disco balls, and booming music not suitable for children. It’s fantastic.

The other thing that makes Eldorado so special is the employees. Some of the employees will literally ride along the sides of the cars standing up. It seemed unwise to hit them, so I instead tailgated them and watched their circus act in disbelief.

But then you had one employee in a super car. Picture a Lusse skooter in a field of normal cars. And the employee was taking no prisoners. Girl stuck in the corner? Smash. Little boy going backwards? Head on collision smash. :lol:

While the other cars weren’t as powerful, they were head and shoulders above your usual bumper cars. This atmosphere plus a super long cycle resulted in my favorite bumper cars. Yes I’d take the experience (not the cars) over the ones at Knoebels. 10 out of 10

El Dorado Auto Scooter (Night).JPG
I certainly did bump my ass off.

El Dorado Auto Scooter Arena 2.JPG
If you removed the cars, you could easily turn this into a nightclub.

El Dorado Auto Scooter Employee.JPG
That's the employee who murdered us all. It's also worth noting his car kept on driving after all of ours turned off.

I was then planning to hit the independent 12th Street Amusements, but I must have missed the memo they all closed. Ghost Hole looked abandoned. Polar Express was in pieces. But there was an auto show on the street that seemed to be generating a sizable crowd.

12th Street Amusements.JPG
Looks like I missed my chance to ride these.

Coney Art Walls.JPG
There were also these interesting looking art walls nearby.

Another surprise amusement area was a beer garden with the most overpriced swinging ship I’ve ever seen ($8 per ride, didn’t see any takers) and some go karts. I don’t remember that being there last year unless I was oblivious (which happens quite a bit).

Beer Garden.JPG
Beer.

Nick's Pirate Ship.JPG
I actually think the one at Luna Park may be cheaper. And those rides are expensive.

Brooklyn Go Karts.JPG
It sure is convenient they put the go karts right across from a beer garden.

Luna Park and the Cyclone are the stars of Coney Island, but the other amusements can hold their own and offer some unique experiences. I know I’ll be forking over the $8 each trip to take a spin on the Wonder Wheel and Eldorado Auto Skooter.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:21 am

Great reports from my backyard! :)

The El Dorado actually did get turned into a nightclub, in a manner of speaking; that was the home base of operations for "fsociety" in the TV series Mr. Robot. Those new go-karts & pirate ship have been there since at least last season, but I haven't been able to justify dropping any cash there. 12th St has been on the chopping block for a while and I guess they finally pulled the trigger. Most likely for another Luna Park expansion (I thought there was supposed to be a ropes course coming this year? IDK).

Oh yeah, and fuck Soarin' Eagle forever.
That coaster dad [333] and that coaster kiddo [193]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Storm Runner. Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Superman: Ultimate Flight.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:53 am

^ I can totally see El Dorado being used for that. I can't keep track of where everything is going, but isn't there a log flume coming too?

And again, one less person in line for Soarin' Eagle. I really must be immune to rough rides. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:13 pm

Adventureland (Iowa)

Fun fact, in 2019 I visited all three parks named Adventureland. The last of the three was also the best, the one in Iowa.

Adventureland doesn’t get much attention. And I can sort of see why. How many enthusiasts make it out to Iowa? But those who make the drive through cornfields are rewarded with this charming family park.

From the moment you step through the gate, it’s clear the park was inspired by Disneyland. You have a train right in front of you and you have to pass under a tunnel (either on the left or right). That then leads to Main Street (yes it’s actually called that). The only thing missing was Mickey Mouse. :lol:

A-Train Station.JPG

Main Street (Iso).JPG
Why do I feel like I'm at a bizarro Disneyland?

My first stop was the park’s star attraction, Monster. And it looks massive. It’s a supersized Eurofighter that’s twice as tall as most other installations. Most importantly, it had the incredible lap bar only trains. It’s refreshing to ride these with the added freedom and peace of mind that I won’t bash my head.

Like all Eurofighters, the beyond vertical drop was exceptional. It had some powerful ejector air and the added height sustained it longer than most. That’s followed by this bizarre banked top hat thing where you get a pop of air entering and exiting.

That leads into a dive loop with some great airtime and laterals. It leads into this prolonged vertical loop. Picture the hangtime on YOLOcoaster’s loop held for twice as long. After a decent camelback, there’s a second dive loop. This one is considerably whippier than the first.

You then pass through a trim. Most enthusiasts whine about trim brakes. However, the trim brake on Monster makes the ride. Yes you read that right, a trim actually improved the ride experience. It leads to some downright insane hangtime.

The next element is this funky wave turn/turnaround hybrid (if you haven’t noticed, this ride has a lot of funky elements). You will get this weird sideways hangtime and question if the ride is going to stall. That’s followed by one last corkscrew, which has a copious amount of hangtime thanks to the lack of speed.

I knew I’d enjoy Monster; I just didn’t realize how much I’d enjoy it. The whippy drops combined with the hangtime is a winning combination. This cracked my top 40 steel coasters. 9 out of 10

Monster Overview.JPG
This really is the monster of all Eurofighters. It's huge!

Monster Cresting (Close).JPG
I just love the cars on this one. Lap bars and beautiful.

Monster Camelback (Front).JPG

Monster Side Stall (Close).JPG
For all you who moan whenever you hit a trim, try Monster. You'll be singing their praises.

Monster Corkscrew (Far).JPG

Monster Ocrkscrew (Close).JPG
The amount of hangtime on this ride is insane.

I then walked onto Tornado. With a name like that, you’d expect a twister layout. But instead it’s an out-and-back, albeit one curves along the perimeter of the park.

I was ecstatic to see buzz bars. There was a tiny bit of air though. The fourth drop had great floater anywhere in the train and the first drop had a good pop in the back. Outside of that, there maybe was one other pop on the return leg.

Thankfully the ride wasn’t too rough; it just had some shuffling in the valleys. But Tornado has one big flaw. Like Monster, Tornado crawls through the elements. Except where you get crazy hangtime on Monster, you get nothing on Tornado. 5 out of 10

Tornado 2nd Hill.JPG
One gust of wind and I'm pretty sure you'll valley.

Up next was one of the most hated steel coasters in the world, Dragon. I absolutely loved Desert Storm earlier this year, but I immediately spotted one big difference with Dragon, OSTRs.

Most of the hate stems from the pre-lift. It looked innocent enough. Honestly, Dragon was doing the RMC pre-lift before RMC was. The first bunny hill was fine. As was the second. Then came the turn.

Admittedly, it sounded like the train was going to fall apart. But I didn’t find it uncomfortable as the shaking doesn’t cause you to bash your head. And surprisingly, the rest of the ride was quite smooth.

The drop didn’t do anything, but the two vertical loops were very forceful. The same could be said about the subsequent helix, especially since it started off unbanked and dished out some surprise laterals. Then the ride is pretty much over. Yes it’s short, but it’s a decent looper. 7 out of 10

Dragon Pre-Lift (Front).JPG
Maybe it was the fact the train was reduced from 7 cars to 5 cars, but this pre-lift wasn't as rough as its reputation suggested.

Dragon Drop.JPG

Dragon Loops 1.JPG
I love the Dragon's location along the water.

Dragon Helix 2.JPG
I don't love the rusted over paint-job though.

The next coaster was the CCI that tries to be a GCI, Outlaw. And go figure, the designer (Mike Boodley) went on to found GCI the following year.

Most GCI coasters running PTC trains are riddled with jackhammering. Those trains simply cannot handle the twisting layouts. Outlaw doesn’t have that problem. Why? It’s slow.

You still get some laterals and you still get one or two pops of air, but it lacks intensity. Of the two woodies, I probably preferred Outlaw for the layout, but there are far better woodies out there. 6 out of 10

Outlaw Entrance.JPG

Outlaw Drop.JPG
Outlaw is the CCI that tried to be a GCI.

Outlaw Pullout.JPG
Rumor has it, this is the wildest ride in the wilderness if the brakes are disabled.

Since it was a bajillion degrees outside, I took a spin on Saw Mill Plunge. I never used to appreciate the uniqueness of these spinning raft slides since SFNE used to have one, but now I try to ride them.

As a spinning ride, it succeeds. From the moment you crest the lift, you spin non-stop. There are tea cup rides that don’t spin this much. But as a water ride it fails. I wanted to be cooled down. However, I wasn’t hit by a single drop of water. 5 out of 10

Saw Mill Splash Overview.JPG
It was 100 degrees. I wanted to get soaked. I didn't.

On the way towards the front, I hit Lighthouse. It’s the grandfather to Downdraft at Knoebels. While it can match Downdraft’s laterals, it can’t match its airtime. Still it’s a rare and solid flat. 6 out of 10

Lighthouse Top.JPG
Iowans have a different perspective what a lighthouse is.

There are several haunted houses out there that are debatable credits. Take Devil’s Den at Conneaut. Adventureland removed any ambiguity and had CCI build them a wood coaster for their dark ride.

It’s definitely a unique system, but unique isn’t always better. There were two drawbacks. One, the train traveled a bit too fast in several scenes. Two, the effects triggered when the front of the train passed them. This meant the back row couldn’t even see some of the effects when they activated.

It was much longer than expected and to the park’s credit, they have a few animatronics, but overall I found it a subpar dark ride due to the ride system and effects. 5 out of 10

Underground Pre-Show 2.JPG
What kind of drugs is this dude on?

Falling Stars have been elusive flats for me. The “no single rider" rule usually makes this type of ride a thorn in my side. And since they’re starting to become extinct, I really wanted to finally ride one.

I was *this* close to riding the one at Indiana Beach, but I got screwed. I queued for the last ride of the night. After the previous cycle ended, they told those riders they could remain on the ride. Well the operator miscounted and there wasn’t enough spots on the ride for everyone in line. Indiana Beach’s solution? They told us to return the next day…

Did I get on Falling Star this time? I had to wait two cycles, but I finally found another single rider. The only problem was that it was a young child who rode by placing his head in my lap. It looked very wrong.

As for the ride, I definitely prefer the Huss versions. The airtime on those models is off-the-charts. Falling Star only had a pinch of air and instead focused on the laterals. Still it was a fun flat and I was excited to finally ride my white whale. 7 out of 10

Falling Star (Base).JPG
Rainbows > Falling Stars

I waited until later in the day to ride Phoenix, figuring their new for 2019 spinner may have a sizable queue. Turns out it was a walk-on. And I got a longer than expected ride.

When we returned to the station, my restraint wouldn’t unlock. Without asking us or calling maintenance, they decided to send us around again. When we returned to the station, the same thing happened. :lol:

After our third ride, the restraints finally released and I hurriedly escaped my Maurer prison. I tend to enjoy these spinners, but Phoenix was heavy on the brakes and light on the spinning. 5 out of 10

Phoenix Overview (Ground).JPG
Look what opened just in time for my visit!

Phoenix Horseshoe.JPG

Phoenix Sign.JPG
It isn't quite the Knoebels Phoenix, but it's a fine ride.

Asian Theming.JPG
And there's all sorts of Asian theming around the ride too.

2019 has seen S&S towers being retrofit with lap belts or ratcheting OSTRs. Somehow Adventureland was immune to this change. Their Space Shot still boasts the original restraints sans lap belt.

Unfortunately, it was quite weak. I prefer towers that shoot you down, but I can enjoy a shot tower if it has great air. Space Shot does not. And the view of nothingness around the park didn’t help. 3 out of 10

Space Shot Base.JPG
Houston, we have a problem. We need more power.

That view is the reason Storm Chaser wasn’t as good as a lot of other star flyers. On the bright side, you could see for miles. But the view was just cornfield after cornfield. The views of Monster were quite nice though, but I preferred the Sky Ride for that. 6 out of 10

Storm Chaser Top.JPG
Turns out cornfields aren't much more exciting from above.

Speaking of that Sky Ride, it is an absolute orgy for enthusiasts who love coaster photography. The shots of Monster are incredible. 8 out of 10

And it transported me over to Monster, so naturally I had a mini marathon. By now, the ride was a complete walk-on, so I got 6-7 rides in a row. Monster continued to blow me away.

Sky Ride 3.JPG
Now this is my kind of Sky Ride.

Monster Drop 1.JPG
Monster alone is worth the trip to Adventureland.

On the way out, I took a spin on their breakdance, G-Force. The most notable thing about this flat is its placement in the arcade. The cycle was your typical breakdance, which means it’s one of the better and more dizzying flats out there. 7 out of 10

G-Force Spinning.JPG
I wish my local arcade had this inside of it.

It would also be a crime not to mention the food at Adventureland. The food offerings are incredibly diverse and quite cheap too. But my favorite was undoubtedly the thick bacon on a stick.

One oddity is that the park charges guests 50 cents for cups of water. This was a bit of a nuisance on such a hot day, but they do have a few water bubblers scattered about.

Bacon on a Stick.jpg
This was crack on a stick.

Adventureland is solid. It’s pretty and they have a true standout in Monster. The problem is the rest of the park’s lineup. It has quantity, but it was lacking quality. Monster was the only ride I cared to reride.

If Adventureland adds another standout ride, you can bet I’ll be back. If they don’t add another standout, I know I’ll be back since Monster is that good, but it may be a while because of its location.

Jesus Shirts.jpg
Don't forget to get your Jesus shirts on the way out.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:28 am

Nice trip report. You pretty much nailed Adventureland. Nice park, just needs another good coaster besides Monster. I wish more people could get out to this park to try Monster because it is so fun.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby LegendLover » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:28 pm

I swear Canobie Coasters has the best photo trip reports.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:27 am

RCjunkie wrote:Nice trip report. You pretty much nailed Adventureland. Nice park, just needs another good coaster besides Monster. I wish more people could get out to this park to try Monster because it is so fun.

Thanks! The hangtime on Monster alone is worth the trip.

LegendLover wrote:I swear Canobie Coasters has the best photo trip reports.

Thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!