TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

It’a pretty awesome that this will actually be happen. I was really holding out hope on the rumor that the second MACK Power Splash would be coming to the US of all places.

It’s also great to see a park replace an aging water ride with another water ride instead of just ripping them out until they have none left (*cough* Carowinds).

Aquaman was hideous and I was very pleased to see it go. I hope this attraction will look a lot better in the area but I can only still hope on that, depending on how Six Flags wants to go with theming and colors.

It’a pretty awesome that this will actually be happen.

Don't get yourself too excited. Ultimately may lead to more disappointment.

I'm really going to laugh if this just ends up being a kids area expansion. (Not that that's a bad thing.)

It’a pretty awesome that this will actually be happen.

Don't get yourself too excited. Ultimately may lead to more disappointment.

I'm really going to laugh if this just ends up being a kids area expansion. (Not that that's a bad thing.)

Take a look at this shipping detail.

Well there you have it. Thank you for actually posting the link. It would of been nice if someone had done that originally either to Facebook or what you did. Otherwise for those like me who don't have interest in Facebook and searching around in it, you look like you are going crazy.

^ WOW! That sure is some kiddie ride!

It sure is. (Never said it was, just said it was going to be funny if it was.)

There is a link on screamscape about another ride removal rumor, but when I click on the link it does not show anything. I was curious if anyone on here has heard anything.

There is a link on screamscape about another ride removal rumor, but when I click on the link it does not show anything. I was curious if anyone on here has heard anything.

went and looked for you: it's at the top of the SFOT page, he just typoed and meant to put 7/21, and instead he put 7/2.

he's talking about the cloud bouncer ride. . . but really, he often makes errors, and "borrows" his info from other sources. So I'd take anything with a grain of salt from that site.

Not sure if it’s been discussed yet but my friend said he tried the new Pink Thing ice cream from Blue Bell. He said it tasted a lot like the classic. I need to get to SFOT to try it out.

6B7C3DEA-C679-4127-BFDB-C98CD2D2F6FC.thumb.jpeg.cce153f8b86aa9a2eb34230b2886214e.jpeg

4 ways to try it.

Latest Aquaman demolition photos.

20190727_103005.thumb.jpg.770de0b14663c77060bd84734cab32d9.jpg

The lift hill has been removed

20190727_103008.thumb.jpg.a54b35cbacbe1d46df39fc1a7436ade8.jpg

The upper trough and supports still remain

20190727_104216.thumb.jpg.77f21f45b320d1b9d8fbf850352e5312.jpg

Aquaman's lower sections are completely gone

20190727_104221.thumb.jpg.efbf94c4380af350daed4abd980f3579.jpg

Men on site

20190727_105936.thumb.jpg.bb50a54e6f96aa1bc37a02729eb4d3ad.jpg

Another angle of the lift hill

20190727_105944.thumb.jpg.2fd96a2b6f49b9e39a0cac28cff3f40a.jpg

We can see the lift hill has been deconstructed

20190727_110132.thumb.jpg.debc481c2750ac91e562c1e24b1a1fe9.jpg

This is the temporary road used to move heavy equipment and ride parts in and out

20190727_110136.thumb.jpg.a39f710c2a59ad43ae45160ce5e63637.jpg

Cloud bouncer is still there, but should be relocated soon

I was in Arlington a couple of weeks ago for work and managed to sneak in a couple of hot, sweaty hours in the park one evening. It was a Tuesday and everything was almost walk on so I got a solid 8 or 10 rides in for the short time in the park. I really enjoyed Mr Freeze Reverse Blast since it was different to most everything I've ridden, apart from Tower of Terror II at Dreamworld but it adds more with less...height. Overall it's a great little park you have there!

I rode New Texas Giant in the front with another single rider and he was telling me about how much he loved it but I found it amusing how he warned me that it was super intense and to be wary on my first ride. I think I've ridden 4 or 5 RMCs now and so far they've all been kiddie coasters compared to Steel Vengeance.

One gripe....I attempted to ride back row as a single rider on both NTG and MFRB. I was told on both, despite them being walk on, that I was not allowed to ride the back row as a single rider. The op NTG that told me while I was waiting that I had to move to another row could not explain why. I tried to bat my eyelids and make a claim, in my Australian accent, that I was travelling over the US on vacation to a bunch of parks and this was the first time I'd been told I could not ride back row as a single, but to no avail. (The claim isn't far fetched since I have traveled to a bunch over parks on vacation...in the three years I've been in the USA!) I don't understand this policy and I feel like this is the first park I've ever been to with this as a rule. Is this unique to SFOT or corporate SF policy?