TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

Ooookay...SOMEONE had to ask this question so guess it is moi! "HOW is each boat emptied of water after its drenched passengers 'egress the bathtub??'"'

"We are in the Bermuda Triangle; We are in the Bermuda Triangle; We are in the Bermuda Triangle; We are in the Bermuda Triangle..."

Alice

P.S. 'Funnest' video ever!

I remember there was a big "double seater" Enterprise at Space World in Japan. That was amazing to ride. And there was one in Cosmoworld, Japan, too. But it wasn't running at the time. And here in Vancouver, Playland(PNE) has it's own Enterprise, which I've ridden a number of times.

In the last few years, I've been ending up with a headache, after riding. So I don't ride it very much, any more.

394363674_ResizeofIMG_2345.JPG.4918501d8db04f51da482567a3d63445.JPG

Cosmoworld's Enterprise on a tilt. It wasn't spinning, either. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

IMG_9826.JPG.893334599f3bcb8fecdca4f37322b811.JPG

Playland's Enterprise is still running strong. I took this photo yesterday, at the park.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I have experienced one true classic Huss Enterprise, that being Enterprise at Dorney Park. Others that I have experienced which are quite rare and unique are the now former Orbiter (Huss Skylab/Giant Enterprise) at Canada's Wonderland and the Silver Bullet (Heintz Fahtz Enterpize ride) at Six Flags Darien Lake. Out of the three versions I have been on to date, I would have to say Orbiter at Canada's Wonderland was the best as it provided a thrilling and comfortable ride. While it is a shame that it was removed back in February, it did have a great run!

How many of you have ridden a classic "Enterprise Wheel?" Post below the ones you've ridden!

Still one of my absolute favorite rides. It's sad how hard it's getting to find them now. I did get on quite a few before they started to disappear though! I've ridden the ones at Rocky Point Park (park closed), Six Flags Great Adventure (now removed), Lake Compounce (removed), Hershey Park (removed), Kennywood, Cedar Point, and Fun Spot Orlando, plus the Giant Enterprise at Canada's Wonderland and Nightwing at Six Flags New England (Yeah, I actually managed to catch that for one of the few days or so it actually ran - it was pretty great, too.).

I keep hoping to see one of the new G2 Enterprises at a park I can get to, but no luck so far.

-edit-

And Dorney Park, I knew I was forgetting one.

Hands down my all-time favorite flat ride. I've done Orleans Orbit at California's Great America more times than I can count; the Enterprise at the Washington State Fair, but you must have a partner to ride that one so I've only done it a few times; and Zulu at World's of Fun. That was the first Enterprise I rode with sliding doors instead of the top that you pull down over you.

• 2 weeks later...

It goes without saying that "riding roller coasters in Russia" was one of the more interesting things I've done. Also interesting because this park was so nice! Well landscaped and the rides seemed to all be in really good shape. I wasn't really expecting that. Actually had a really good time at this park!

What, no "Whirr, Whirr, Kerchunk" references?

I believe it actually IS called the Rocket, and there is another one on the fair circuit where there are multiple rockets that go up a tower StarFlyer style (like you referenced). They're made by Funtime, the same people that do Sling Shots and the Snake chaos pendle ride that we had time on at Grona Lund.

Nothing beats KERCHUNK like what we heard (and felt, yes?) at the top of the loop of this 2012 China Tour shuttle coaster. Even those watching could hear that sound.

339704479_Resizeof0005_21.jpg.9c8af0b897eeff4fc6502553bccc6ea9.jpg

After riding it, even I could hear that "sound" from where I took this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OMG this makes me wish you had video of our Colossos ERT back in 2012 that was in the driving rain. The most painful yet most memorable and fun ERT session I've had.

Edit - Also, that is an OBSCENE amount of water on Hakugei.

Nice video! Still can’t get over how great that color scheme looks on that ride(atleast in my personal opinion).

If it rains hard enough on a ride they might as well give me a bar of soap to take up there with me. Two birds one stone.

Definitely a good excuse for me to visit Japan one day. Have a great weekend everyone

Oh man, I love this video. I had a similar ride on Taron at Phantasialand. We left the station and turned the corner to the first launch run and the heavens opened. The whole ride was torrential. It was the best rollercoaster ride of my life. Nobody knew how to react and the entire train went into literally hysterical laughing. My face hurt from the onslaught, and my chest hurt from laughing so much. Rain on rollercoasters, one of life's must-dos - who knew?

Quite possibly the most hilarious roller coaster video we've ever posted!

I remember walking to the back of the train. Sitting down. Getting my seat belt on and lap bar down. That took all of 90 seconds and in that time any light mist had turned into a visible downpour.

Honestly riding with my eyes closed made me appreciate things I hadn't on previous rides - there's this awesome lateral kick in one of the turn arounds! The only split seconds of relief on the ride were the inversions Bless that top gun stall

I wish there was a better shot of my unbuttoned shirt. Hakugei turned it into a cape after the first drop, haha. I have never had a roller coaster do that before. That's how fast this coaster is and how great the airtime is. It lifts you out of your seat and pulls your shirt back like you're Superman!

• 1 month later...